PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Frank: Gays should lobby elected officials

0zzy
10-10-2009, 09:57 PM
WASHINGTON – Rep. Barney Frank, an openly gay member of Congress, says he'd rather see gay rights supporters lobbying their elected officials than marching in Washington this weekend, calling the demonstration "a waste of time at best."

Frank said in an interview with The Associated Press that he considers such demonstrations to be "an emotional release" that does little to pressure Congress.

Source: Yahoo.com (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091010/ap_on_go_co/us_frank_gay_march)

I really didn't read the story, I just wanted to share this quote I found funny:

Best quote on protest in Washington, D.C.

"The only thing they're going to be putting pressure on is the grass," the Massachusetts Democrat said Friday.

RideTheDirt
10-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm sure he does want them "lobbying him":p

cheapseats
10-11-2009, 12:29 AM
More than they already do? For what have they not already and successfully lobbied? First they demand to be recognized as different, then they demand to be recognized as the same. I'm sick of this shit.

A person who is gay is as individual as a person who is puny or ugly or goofy or bald or fat or dense or handicapped or boring. Boring, THERE'S a handicap for ya. Shall we tie ourselves in knots and squander our resources charting and preventing the host of injustices and unpleasantries that each might encounter in a lifetime, then assign perks and protections to the sub-group to which he belongs? Plus reparations, natch.

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE, pun intended.

SPARE ME the are-you-a-homophobe schtick. I am no more vulnerable to that than I am the racist SLUR with which I have been lambasted ever since the Great Non-White Hope rose to power. The problem is not BEING gay. The travesty is PRETENDING to be straight and holier-than-us whilst enjoining upon the citizenry all manner of moralistic rules and regulations. With fines and penalties galore, it bears mention.

I have excellent Gaydar and I am convinced that Gay-This, Gay-That is bubbling above the famed and acclaimed GENERAL WELFARE in the manner of striking while the iron is hot. Read that, while Washington DC is laced with Closet Queens.

squarepusher
10-11-2009, 01:57 AM
"ooh, ooh , lobby me!"

zach
10-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I wanna lobby!!

james1906
10-11-2009, 09:55 AM
I'd be fine having Cher's birthday a national holiday. One less day of work!

I do draw the line at making the appletini the national beverage.