PDA

View Full Version : Are we The"Anti-War Movement" Now?

LibertyWorker
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I just got done watching Ron Paul’s new video about the obama peace prize. Link (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=214054)

Not like we don’t have enough on our plate just getting out the freedom message.

Now we need to start a libertarian/constitutionalists/whatever…. anti-war movement.

(Sigh)

I’m going to have to start drinking coffee again.

catdd
10-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Looks like we are the only honest people left to do the job. Time to dig up the old Dylan albums and put on the tie-dyed shirts.

dannno
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I just got done watching Ron Paul’s new video about the obama peace prize.

Post link to OP please :)

tangent4ronpaul
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Post link to OP please :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=214054

We've been the Anti-War movement for a while...

-t

dannno
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM

-t

That's true, whenever somebody tried to convince me to vote for Obama I always told them that he was too much of a war hawk for me.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Looks like we are the only honest people left to do the job. Time to dig up the old Dylan albums and put on the tie-dyed shirts.

How about we put on some suits and start being the 20s and 30s GOP Robert Tafts and Howard Buffets? (Taft before the 50s that is)

We aren't the counter-revolution, we are the original revolution. :D

RM918
10-09-2009, 11:28 PM
The guys over at antiwar.com have held steady for a very long time, and while I'm sure there's a little overlap I wouldn't be so arrogant or cynical to think it's just us. Not too many, but certainly not just us.

Vessol
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
We've been the only real anti-war movement for awhile now.

LittleLightShining
10-10-2009, 05:32 AM
I just got done watching Ron Paul’s new video about the obama peace prize. Link (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=214054)

Not like we don’t have enough on our plate just getting out the freedom message.

Now we need to start a libertarian/constitutionalists/whatever…. anti-war movement.

(Sigh)

This is a problem for you? How can we have a freedom message that rings true when we're meddling in the affairs of other nations, killing their children?

LibertyWorker
10-10-2009, 08:02 AM
This is a problem for you? How can we have a freedom message that rings true when we're meddling in the affairs of other nations, killing their children?

nope, not a problem for me.

Just means a little less sleep and more teargas in my diet that's all.:D

However i do see a problem for the police.

I am not a 98 pound pacifist college kid who thinks its fun to run around getting shot with rubber bullets.

Aratus
10-10-2009, 09:32 AM

(Sigh)

-t

That's true, whenever somebody tried to convince me to vote for Obama I always told them that he was too much of a war hawk for me.

rEVOLUTIOn people...lets don't go plastic hippie tie-die, lets keep dylan to a golden oldies informercial.
we need a new look to go along with a very traditional skepticism about these jingoistic wardrums!!!

Anti Federalist
10-10-2009, 09:34 AM

^^That

I was going to write the same thing word for word.

pcosmar
10-10-2009, 09:47 AM
rEVOLUTIOn people...lets don't go plastic hippie tie-die, lets keep dylan to a golden oldies informercial.
we need a new look to go along with a very traditional skepticism about these jingoistic wardrums!!!
But,,, I like tie dye.
And it's 1, 2, 3, what are we fightin' for?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2294497087_a84b77be8a.jpg

yes, Vietnam era.

LibertyWorker
10-10-2009, 09:49 AM

I agree.

We need to slam home the idea that the same people taking us into needless wars for profit overseas are the same people waging war on our freedoms and liberty's here at home.

catdd
10-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Aratus View Post

Party pooper.

Aratus
10-11-2009, 01:25 PM
okay, okay! lets integrate the NEW anti-war movement most rEVOLUTIOn with ALL our anti-war movements most hISTORIc!

Flash
10-11-2009, 01:48 PM
The guys over at antiwar.com have held steady for a very long time, and while I'm sure there's a little overlap I wouldn't be so arrogant or cynical to think it's just us. Not too many, but certainly not just us.

No, antiwar.com is filled with nutjobs who want to burn soliders at the stake. Everytime I go there I see comments against the soldiers rather than the politicians. Sorry, that's not the anti-war movemenet I want. That's some radical progressive aging hippy movement.

amy31416
10-11-2009, 01:53 PM
If it weren't for Ron Paul's anti-war message, I would have passed him over. It's sort of like the prime directive for me.

truthspeaker
10-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Lately I have begun to believe that this movement should be called the "Liberty Movement".

I think that the 9/12 project is starting on the right path, it is just a question if it can be focused more on "Economic Responsibility" rather than "Anti-Obama" or just another "Conservative Christian Movement".

And kudos for everyone gathering support for HR 1207 at the Tea Party rallies. Let's keep S 604 going!

catdd
10-11-2009, 01:57 PM
It's true that we have always been the anti-war movement. I'm all for taking it up a notch.

amy31416
10-11-2009, 01:58 PM
It's true that we have always been the anti-war movement. I'm all for taking it up a notch.

Any ideas?

catdd
10-11-2009, 02:12 PM
We need to weave it into the Tea Party a little at a time. Hit on the cost and how it is bankrupting us. Hit on big government, hit on Obama lies....
Just plant the seeds and see if it grows.

teacherone
10-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Any ideas?

I think the anti-war message has the best potential to convert.

Obamabot's are generally inclined to be anti-war, to distrust the military industrial complex etc.

Neo-con's just have to be convinced that war always leaves to big government and is the health of the state.

Anti-war is a good place to start with both groups.

angelatc
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
If it weren't for Ron Paul's anti-war message, I would have passed him over. It's sort of like the prime directive for me.

Me too. When I was listening to the video I wondered if that was going to be our marching orders.

cheapseats
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM

With respect, I couldn't disagree more. Why PLASTIC hippie? Why not retro? The Sixties had a LOT more soul than any decade since.

GREAT music. People already know the words. PART-TAAAY MIXES, you fuckin' bet.

Anyhoo, that's the tack I recommend and the one I will be taking.

I happen to know, because I GREW UP WITH THESE PEOPLE, that there are plenty o' Right-Minded folk out there. Baby Boomers. That's where I'll be focusing, and I will ABSOLUTELY be obliging them to look back to OUR youth.

The generation that SWORE they would not be like their parents. I've been polishing and polishing my craft, and I'm just about ready to have a Word with 'em.

A "new look" is NOT jingoistic?

Y'all will waste precious time, AGAIN, trying to EXPLAIN your "new" schtick so you can proceed to sell it.

The Sixties, like The Fifties but not like The Fifties, is world-renowned. No need to reinvent the wheel.

There is also the scarcely trifling matter of the Baby Boom generation being the largest American voting bloc ever born.

cheapseats
10-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Here's another heads up.

Quote-Unquote Liberty candidates stand advised that I will bring my formidable skillz to bear AGAINST the ones who are not energetic and enthusiastic in their unequivocal call for the return of ALL American troops to American soil.

Negotiation 101: Demand more than you expect to get.

Libertarians running as Republicans = Peaceniks running in Warmonger's clothing. Effin' ridiculous.

amy31416
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I think the anti-war message has the best potential to convert.

Obamabot's are generally inclined to be anti-war, to distrust the military industrial complex etc.

Neo-con's just have to be convinced that war always leaves to big government and is the health of the state.

Anti-war is a good place to start with both groups.

I think it's a good place to start with the left, but I don't think it's a good place to start with the right. Since neocons tend to turn ugly quickly when challenged and will dismiss you as a lefty, merely because you're anti-war, I think I'd start with big government issues, the Constitution or fiscal policy.

The only thing that I've found that will occasionally work with the right-wing is when I say that I'm anti (most) wars primarily because I'm pro-life and anti-big government. Even then, I get called a liberal (and worse!) more often than not. Sometimes, the evidence given for me being a "lefty" is that I sometimes use "big" words and have decent grammar--therefore I must be an elitist left-wing Commie.

That argument makes me laugh the most.

cheapseats
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I think it's a good place to start with the left, but I don't think it's a good place to start with the right. Since neocons tend to turn ugly quickly when challenged and will dismiss you as a lefty, merely because you're anti-war, I think I'd start with big government issues, the Constitution or fiscal policy.

The only thing that I've found that will occasionally work with the right-wing is when I say that I'm anti (most) wars primarily because I'm pro-life and anti-big government. Even then, I get called a liberal (and worse!) more often than not. Sometimes, the evidence given for me being a "lefty" is that I sometimes use "big" words and have decent grammar--therefore I must be an elitist left-wing Commie.

That argument makes me laugh the most.

That puts me in mind of another heads up.

The way you "get to" the quote-unquote right is by heads-on challenge of their claimed Christianity. Take it right to 'em. Sanctity of Life, my ass.

Certainly I will be lettin' Faux Christians have it with BOTH metaphorical barrels.

RideTheDirt
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM

(Sigh)

Is there another kind?

But yes, the anti war left has been silenced so we need to be even louder.

UnReconstructed
10-11-2009, 08:19 PM
the anti war movement was derailed by obama

cheapseats
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
the anti war movement was derailed by obama

DERAILED >> BACK ON TRACK

Cindy Sheehan is a friend of the People.

Parents of dead soldiers are Allies.

LibertyWorker
10-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Fun Video

YouTube - "Revolution" - Beatles 1960's protesters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tARH1P4Zh_o)

RM918
10-12-2009, 02:17 AM
No, antiwar.com is filled with nutjobs who want to burn soliders at the stake. Everytime I go there I see comments against the soldiers rather than the politicians. Sorry, that's not the anti-war movemenet I want. That's some radical progressive aging hippy movement.

Eh? I don't really ever see that, especially not from the writers.

Flash
10-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Eh? I don't really ever see that, especially not from the writers.

That's why I said comments. Not writers. Regardless it's still disgusting.

Bucjason
10-12-2009, 07:25 AM
There is no longer a need for an antiwar movement.

Didn't you get the Memo ?? The Nobel Peace Prize winner is our king now. Code Pink got the memo, apparently you didn't get the memo ????

wizardwatson
10-12-2010, 06:57 AM
We should be out there doing anti-war rallies, instead of letting the left paint us as greedy fundamentalist bigots, and to keep the right from co-opting the tea party.