PDA

View Full Version : Freerepublic as a RP barometer

rhexis
10-01-2007, 01:55 AM
I've noticed that RP threads at freerepublic.com had a growing amount of ridicule for RP, stupid little graphics and snarks and the like. Now with the news of 1.2 million dollars raised in 7 days the conversation had a lot less RP bashing. More thoughtful conversation even if many still didn't agree with him. It makes me wonder if this success is forcing people to consider his candidacy as something other than a joke.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Rhexis

hard@work
10-01-2007, 01:59 AM
It's good business to go where the people go. Whether the pundits who have made their livings and staked their entire beings into this war agree with us or not. And "us" is turning out to be the "U.S." fairly quickly. So either they amend their ways and repent for their sins against their own people, or new pundits arise to take advantage of the rising surge in New Republican spirit.

:)

Some will turn our way, some will fight to the death of their careers (to save face), and some lesser heard voices of sanity will rise up and take the place of those who we stop listening to.

wgadget
10-01-2007, 06:11 AM
I've noticed that RP threads at freerepublic.com had a growing amount of ridicule for RP, stupid little graphics and snarks and the like. Now with the news of 1.2 million dollars raised in 7 days the conversation had a lot less RP bashing. More thoughtful conversation even if many still didn't agree with him. It makes me wonder if this success is forcing people to consider his candidacy as something other than a joke.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Rhexis

That's the plan, that's the plan....

Johnnybags
10-01-2007, 06:35 AM
That's the plan, that's the plan....

They claimed Paul voters were keeping people away, they dropped Paul and now 200 people vote for Thompson. When Paul was in Fred was getting 800 to 1,000 or so votes? Thompson is gettiong 1/5 of what he got before? Gee, ya think its rigged?

perpetualstateofwar
10-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Who cares. FR is becoming irrelevant. Jimrob bans anyone he disagrees with. Nothing left over there except RNC hacks and Bushbots. They have fundraisers every quarter but the site looks the same as it did it 99. I wonder where all that money goes.

FrankRep
10-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Who cares. FR is becoming irrelevant. Jimrob bans anyone he disagrees with. Nothing left over there except RNC hacks and Bushbots. They have fundraisers every quarter but the site looks the same as it did it 99. I wonder where all that money goes.

It would be fun having him disable over a thousand of us. Overwhelm him.

erowe1
10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Just a couple weeks ago I signed up for FR for the first time and posted a few very polite comments that either supported RP or opposed Giuliani or Thompson. My account was suspended that day, obviously because of my Paul support.

I suspect that the initial observations in this thread are true and that Paul is starting slowly to be taken more seriously and that this will continue as his numbers gradually improve. I wouldn't be surprised if the time comes within the next couple months that they lift their ban on RP supporters in their forum. When and if they do, I hope we all remember to see that website as an opportunity to gain new supporters and not to let them draw us into argumentative, insubstantial rants. If we stay on message with the value of limited government and the fact that Paul clearly supports that and the others clearly don't, we'll find people there who can be won over, particularly when the argument that "he can't win" no longer has appeal.

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 08:15 AM
It's good business to go where the people go. Whether the pundits who have made their livings and staked their entire beings into this war agree with us or not. And "us" is turning out to be the "U.S." fairly quickly. So either they amend their ways and repent for their sins against their own people, or new pundits arise to take advantage of the rising surge in New Republican spirit.

:)

Some will turn our way, some will fight to the death of their careers (to save face), and some lesser heard voices of sanity will rise up and take the place of those who we stop listening to.

DJLOTI!