PDA

View Full Version : Yo Barack, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Yasser Arafat...

madcat033
10-09-2009, 03:21 PM
was the least deserving Nobel Peace Prize winner of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Hah, check out the Reddit thread I posted, let's see if we can get some discussion over there and make people realize that BO did not deserve this at all. They're drinking the Obama kool aid for sure.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/9sjkb/yo_barack_im_really_happy_for_you_man_ima_let_you/

erowe1
10-09-2009, 03:24 PM
was the least deserving Nobel Peace Prize winner of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Hah, check out the Reddit thread I posted, let's see if we can get some discussion over there and make people realize that BO did not deserve this at all. They're drinking the Obama kool aid for sure.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/9sjkb/yo_barack_im_really_happy_for_you_man_ima_let_you/

Are there actually people who think he did deserve it? Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't encountered any.

madcat033
10-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Are there actually people who think he did deserve it? Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't encountered any.

Check out how many downvotes my thing has gotten! BO currently has like 2 or 3 of the top articles right now.

rpfan2008
10-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I bet many people outside feel he deserves it...their interpretation of deserve is different from yours.

When words lose their meanings, people lose their liberties. --Confucius

thasre
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM
As much as I hate quoting a Star Wars movie as an example of serious intellectual debate, all I can think of when a man who's actively pursuing and expanding two wars wins a piece prize is:

"So this is how democracy dies: with thunderous applause."
Senator Amidala, The Revenge of the Sith

Because the fact is, even though Obama isn't exactly getting "thunderous applause", almost no one is even seriously understanding the irony of this. Almost all of the criticism is based on "well, he hasn't earned it YET." As if in a year or two it would make perfect sense... even though there's no reason to believe that it would.

JoshLowry
10-09-2009, 04:13 PM
"So this is how democracy dies: with thunderous applause."
Senator Amidala, The Revenge of the Sith

Correct quote is "how liberty dies"

Democracies suck anyways. :)

Dr.3D
10-09-2009, 04:22 PM

And from historical records, they don't last very long before burning themselves out.

Bucjason
10-09-2009, 04:44 PM

Mike Church actually plays this clip from Star Wars on his show everyday , but mixed in with the clip there is a crowd chanting "yes we can" in the background.

Pretty funny...sounds cool though....

Emporer: In order to form a more secure society , the Republic will be reformed into the 1st Galactic EMPIRE !

Crowd: [cheer] Yes we can , yes we can , yes we can !!

Queen : SO this is how liberty dies , to thunderous applause....

thasre
10-09-2009, 06:03 PM

Dang, I almost typed liberty, but I then I second-guessed myself.

Also, I 400% agree that democracy is the worst idea ever. I hate it when people talk our "democratic system". We're SUPPOSED to have a REPUBLICAN system of government. And people used to just be careless about drawing a distinction... but more and more people want actual democracy and not a republic.

Some conservative commentator just yesterday said "Everyone has a right to his or her principled position, but the majority has rights, too." Once the majority "has rights"... anyone who's not in the 50% + 1 camp is fucked. And that's democracy.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Dang, I almost typed liberty, but I then I second-guessed myself.

Also, I 400% agree that democracy is the worst idea ever. I hate it when people talk our "democratic system". We're SUPPOSED to have a REPUBLICAN system of government. And people used to just be careless about drawing a distinction... but more and more people want actual democracy and not a republic.

Some conservative commentator just yesterday said "Everyone has a right to his or her principled position, but the majority has rights, too." Once the majority "has rights"... anyone who's not in the 50% + 1 camp is fucked. And that's democracy.

We're actually supposed to be a Confederacy. The Civil War destroyed that though.

Socratic Method
10-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Check out how many downvotes my thing has gotten! BO currently has like 2 or 3 of the top articles right now.

I would imagine there are down votes because they were disapointed there was no pic. Like I was?

:p

SM.

Enzo
10-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Henry Kissinger was by far the least deserving Nobel Peace Prize winner of all time.

Bucjason
10-10-2009, 06:50 AM
We're actually supposed to be a Confederacy. The Civil War destroyed that though.

We're supposed to still have slaves also....darn, that would be nice, I'm tired of work...