PDA

View Full Version : How to entrap a citizen K.G.B. style

Meatwasp
10-09-2009, 12:43 PM
I was reading on another thread how to prepare yourselves for an emergency I remembered many many years ago I read an article about some confessions of a k.G.B. agent. He said a couple of guys would go and casually get acquainted with a ring leader of a group. "We would laugh and tell this person that we feel the same way and can we help?" "We had already studied him and knew how he felt. Soon we become friends and say "hey lets go to the coffee shop and discuss this more" And they would of course take him in their car and that would be the last anyone would see of him"
That stick in my head for a long time but never thought it would happen here. But now I wonder. What do you guys feel you could do? Be over causes of everyone or what?

Meatwasp
10-09-2009, 12:55 PM
no comment?

olehounddog
10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Or take him and get a conversation started, get him to say something incriminating, record, and edit to suit purpose.

Deborah K
10-09-2009, 01:12 PM
My mother always told me not to get into cars with strangers......

Meatwasp
10-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Or take him and get a conversation started, get him to say something incriminating, record, and edit to suit purpose.

Yep that would more likely happen.

Gideon
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
What if the KGB agents disappeared first?

Meatwasp
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
My mother always told me not to get into cars with strangers......

Yes but they were supposingly acting as friends.
The only solution I see if someon planned this was to take a couple of friends with you. Especially ones with guns. Ha!

Zippyjuan
10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I thought they used hookers and vodka. Why make your source "disappear" when he could continue to provide you with useful information in the future? Check out John LeCarre novels.

Meatwasp
10-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I thought they used hookers and vodka. Why make your source "disappear" when he could continue to provide you with useful information in the future? Check out John LeCarre novels.

Didn't people in Argentina disappear too? It would cost too much for Vodka and hookers or even coming in your house in the early morning. They would have to confront other family members.
I never read Lecarre novels

Zippyjuan
10-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Seen any of the Bourne series of movies with Matt Damon? He wrote the books they took that from as well as quite a few others. The Argentine disapperances were done by the government there.

Or was it UFOs?
YouTube - miller explains the wierdness goin on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4QKiYar9pI)

Dieseler
10-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Don't go for coffee with strangers?

Meatwasp
10-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Don't go for coffee with strangers?

It's scary when you can't trust anyone anymore. I expect those agents were pretty darn savvy on how to make friends. An unsuspecting person could fall into that trap.

manny229
10-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Not so sure about communist countries but my father grew up in a Fascist country (Spain) and over there the government would simply encourge citizens to spy on one another. I'm sure there were also infiltration operations as well. I don't think the government would have wasted money on coffee. People disapeared but they were too cautious to ask questions.

Meatwasp
10-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Not so sure about communist countries but my father grew up in a Fascist country (Spain) and over there the government would simply encourge citizens to spy on one another. I'm sure there were also infiltration operations as well. I don't think the government would have wasted money on coffee. People disapeared but they were too cautious to ask questions.

I guess we will all have to be alert now in this country.
In communist Russia kids told the authorities what their parents were doing. It was awful. My mother fled the Bolsheviks.

pcosmar
10-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Trust No One

http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/images/lone_gunmen.jpg

Mini-Me
10-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Trust No One

http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/images/lone_gunmen.jpg

God, I used to love that show when I was a kid. :)

kpitcher
10-11-2009, 02:22 PM
The latest Law and Order show had this as a plot point. If the police supply bomb making parts in a sting to catch bombers and it goes off, are they liable? I have to give it to the writers this season, some interesting 'what ifs'.