PDA

View Full Version : Welfare stampede in Detroit (video)

denison
10-08-2009, 01:58 PM
YouTube - Welfare Stampede in Detroit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S4LAxBN3-w)

amy31416
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't care how bad it gets, I will pack up a tent and live in the woods before I subject myself to such things.

Jesus.

angelatc
10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
IS staying with your grandmother actually the same as being homeless?

I'm sure all the liberals who were upset at the lack of diversity in the Tea Party crowds will quickly condemn this on the same grounds. No?

"That's the problem with Detroit. Nobody wants to take accountability." Heh.

tremendoustie
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
IS staying with your grandmother actually the same as being homeless?

No.

denison
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm sure all the liberals who were upset at the lack of diversity in the Tea Party crowds will quickly condemn this on the same grounds. No?

haha. somehow i doubt it! :D

ramallamamama
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Lolz. Free money.

pcosmar
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I keep tellin' folks. "Get Out Of The Cities".
This is only going to get worse.

ravedown
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
wait - isnt this how detroit ended up in the condition begin with? -government dependency? surely these people are aware of what a cyclical mess they are contributing too. perhaps just a little more assistance will put the back on their feet to financial independence.

max
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Gotta love how the leeches complain about the crowds, and the reporter agrees with them!

They are getting MY money...and they bitch about the inconvenience of getting an application for it???

Dieseler
10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Does anyone believe that whoever planned this had no idea that this would be the result?
The fuse is lit.

Kludge
10-08-2009, 03:17 PM
"It ain't worth all this."

"thank you, Barack Obama, we love you."

Deserted island's looking more appealing every day. :D

PrairieQueen
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I know most everyone on here does not like Rush, but this is the only place I could find this:

YouTube - Rush Limbaugh: In Line For 'Obama Money' In Detroit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKb78kJhaMw)

denison
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Deserted island's looking more appealing every day. :D

please take me with you. :(

youngbuck
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Lol!

JeNNiF00F00
10-08-2009, 07:29 PM
cockroaches....all of em!

angelatc
10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I think I should say though - there aren't any jobs. The guy that owns a Subway on the fringe of the city told my husband he gets about 100 people every day asking to fill out applications, so even bitter cynical me isn't convinced that absolutely nobody there wants to work.

I just don't get why they don't migrate, which is the normal thing for populations to do.

JeNNiF00F00
10-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I think I should say though - there aren't any jobs. The guy that owns a Subway on the fringe of the city told my husband he gets about 100 people every day asking to fill out applications, so even bitter cynical me isn't convinced that absolutely nobody there wants to work.

I just don't get why they don't migrate, which is the normal thing for populations to do.

They aren't too smart.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-08-2009, 10:21 PM

You might as well ask them to define Federalism. :p

FSP-Rebel
10-08-2009, 10:54 PM

No one is trying to move to Mich, people are thinking bout moving to the NE to NH for the Free State Project. Freedom is better gotten at a lower age of life.

Kludge
10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Heh, they can never find enough employees in Jackson, MI paying ~$10/hour to be idle much of the time and which requires no education/experience.

kaleidescope eyes moved to MI because it's where her husband found work.

Anyway, if you're willing to learn and are fairly intelligent, there's a good bit to earn on the Internet if you know where to look.

EndDaFed
10-09-2009, 04:31 AM
This will get much worse over time. As the economy gets worse and more people become unempolyed, there is not much that can be done. This gets compounded by peak energy and a greater number of jobs becoming obsolete due to technology. The only areas that won't be affected are probably healthcare, criminal justice, and scientific research in terms of jobs.

angelatc
10-09-2009, 05:05 AM
Heh, they can never find enough employees in Jackson, MI paying ~$10/hour to be idle much of the time and which requires no education/experience.

kaleidescope eyes moved to MI because it's where her husband found work.

Anyway, if you're willing to learn and are fairly intelligent, there's a good bit to earn on the Internet if you know where to look.

We moved here last year for the same reason.

Feel free to email me your knowledge about making money on the internetz. I won't give you any money up front but I'll cut you in as a partner.

angelatc
10-09-2009, 05:09 AM
No one is trying to move to Mich, people are thinking bout moving to the NE to NH for the Free State Project. Freedom is better gotten at a lower age of life.

We would love to have moved to NH, but DH couldn't find a job doing what he does there.

I don't know that freedom is better at a lower age, but it's definitely easier.

My point wasn't why don't people move to MI, it was why don't people migrate out? Why isn't Detroit a ghost town?

Matt Collins
12-26-2009, 06:20 PM
YouTube - Detroit in RUINS! (Crowder goes Ghetto) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw)