PDA

View Full Version : The Philly Rally Website is LIVE!!!

Sematary
09-30-2007, 11:39 PM
I know ALOT of people have been waiting to hear about this and I can finally announce it - the campaign has agreed to the date (previously announced) and the venue (YAY!!!). The Rally will go on AS PLANNED on November 10, 2007 at Independence Mall. The program is still in the works but we're rolling out the website right now and will soon be taking donations to help cover event costs. Naturally, Ron Paul will be the keynote speaker and other speakers will be there as well. I have to RE-contact Jacob Hornberger and Lew Rockwell to let them know that the good Dr. will be there and to accept their commitment to the event. This is AWESOME news. Independence mall - veterans weekend, thousands upon thousands of Ron Paul supporters AND, the campaign is rolling out a new initiative on that day (no, I'm not going to give it away). PLUS, there will be a veterans group putting on something in the lot right next to us so this promises to be a KICK ASS day!! Make your plans now and be ready to invade Philadelphia and let freedom ring!!!!

:D

The rally website: http://philly.ronpaulrally.org/

abstrusezincate
09-30-2007, 11:58 PM
We're going to be putting on a hell of an event. The details are being worked out this week, but we envision putting on the biggest primary event of the season. This will be at least three times larger than anything else attempted by any campaign.

I believe we have the supporters to make this something spectacular, but we will seriously need everyone's help. We'll need you to help us promote this, and also those of you on the east coast to attend! We are hoping to draw well over 5,000 people and create an event that simply cannot be ignored.

We need that sort of coverage, and this rally will be where it starts.

Lord Xar
10-01-2007, 12:48 AM
AWESOME! -- You know that we are with you.. when you are ready, just holler!!

inibo
10-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Woohoo! I'll be there.

BTW: You need to fix the My Space link. Right now it just goes to the .gif

Oh, and get a donation link on there pronto. I've got a paycheck coming and I'm dying to prime this pump.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I'd like to attend

MicroBalrog
10-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Is there a way to know how many people have promised to attend?

Sematary
10-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Is there a way to know how many people have promised to attend?

not right now

Sematary
10-01-2007, 05:56 AM
bump

M.Bellmore
10-01-2007, 07:11 AM
I know ALOT of people have been waiting to hear about this and I can finally announce it - the campaign has agreed to the date (previously announced) and the venue (YAY!!!). The Rally will go on AS PLANNED on November 10, 2007 at Independence Mall. The program is still in the works but we're rolling out the website right now and will soon be taking donations to help cover event costs. Naturally, Ron Paul will be the keynote speaker and other speakers will be there as well. I have to RE-contact Jacob Hornberger and Lew Rockwell to let them know that the good Dr. will be there and to accept their commitment to the event. This is AWESOME news. Independence mall - veterans weekend, thousands upon thousands of Ron Paul supporters AND, the campaign is rolling out a new initiative on that day (no, I'm not going to give it away). PLUS, there will be a veterans group putting on something in the lot right next to us so this promises to be a KICK ASS day!! Make your plans now and be ready to invade Philadelphia and let freedom ring!!!!

Since you will have a veterans group next door, perhaps gathering a "veterans for Ron Paul" delegation in your gathering (and singling them out somehow) would be a good idea (you've probably thought of that already :D )

Spirit of '76
10-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Awesome news!

I was just telling my wife about this rally over the weekend. I'll be there.

brandon
10-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Since you will have a veterans group next door, perhaps gathering a "veterans for Ron Paul" delegation in your gathering (and singling them out somehow) would be a good idea (you've probably thought of that already :D )

I was at the planning meeting this weekend, and from my understanding this is the plan. The verterans will be speakng.

We are going to need around 40,000$ to set this event up. Donations can be funnelled through the "veterans for ron paul" group, so those maxed out donating to RP can still help fund this event.

Sematary
10-01-2007, 07:59 AM
I was at the planning meeting this weekend, and from my understanding this is the plan. The verterans will be speakng.

We are going to need around 40,000$ to set this event up. Donations can be funnelled through the "veterans for ron paul" group, so those maxed out donating to RP can still help fund this event.

Has that already been set up? Tom didn't say that was ready to go yet (to me, at least).

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 08:07 AM

Wow! This event has HUGE potential. I'm so impressed with the hard work you've all put into it. I'll be watching the website.

abstrusezincate
10-01-2007, 08:29 AM
We're waiting for approval from the campaign for how we are going to route the funding. Once that is settled, we'll be able to take in donations, and we will certainly need your help.

Our hope is to have the major details fleshed out within a week. That said, this will be big and we need to make it a major success. Having been down there not two days ago, I can tell you this will be fantastic venue.

Sematary
10-01-2007, 08:42 AM
We're waiting for approval from the campaign for how we are going to route the funding. Once that is settled, we'll be able to take in donations, and we will certainly need your help.

Our hope is to have the major details fleshed out within a week. That said, this will be big and we need to make it a major success. Having been down there not two days ago, I can tell you this will be fantastic venue.

It appears that the speakers are beginning to come into line as well. I am waiting for responses from Lew Rockwell and Karen Kwaitkowski and Jacob Hornberger (whom I spoke to moments ago) has agreed to attend. :-)

Eric21ND
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Is Michael Badnarik still going to speak?

How many speakers all together?

Any word on bands/entertainment?

What's the avg temp around that time of year I've never been there before?

Can foreign supporters help fund this event?

Sounds like a great idea!

Sematary
10-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Is Michael Badnarik still going to speak?

How many speakers all together?

Any word on bands/entertainment?

What's the avg temp around that time of year I've never been there before?

Can foreign supporters help fund this event?

Sounds like a great idea!

Unfortunately, at this time, I have none of the answers you seek. There WILL be news coming and hopefully, we can get 5000 people to Philadelphia (or more) on November 10. Pass the date and venue along - Nov 10 - Independence Mall. More to come. ....

werdd
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
site is down

American
10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
LOL,

This website has been taken down until further notice at the request of the Rally Organizer.

Check back for updates.

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
They took down the site

Sematary
10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
They took down the site

The campaign has decided that they want to be in complete control of the rally (speakers, etc...) so we were asked to take that website down.