PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh team coins new term "Twown Hall"

ronpaulhawaii
10-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Editing in update for next twown hall on twitter:

Adam Kokesh - The next Kokesh for Congress #twownhall is set for Nov 18, 6-7pm MST. Tweet your questions to @adamkokesh now or during the event. #k4c

http://kokeshforcongress.com/sites/kokesh.netboots.net/files/images/features/TwownHall2Feature.jpg

:D

Original post below:

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News/Kokesh-taps-Twitter-for--twown--hall-talk

Kokesh taps Twitter for 'twown' hall talk

Congressional candidate looks to connect to community

Kate Nash | The New Mexican
10/7/2009 - 10/8/09
The Republican candidate in next year's race for the state's 3rd Congressional District is trying something new to connect with voters.

On Oct. 19, Adam Kokesh will hold a twown hall.

Yes, that looks like a typo. But it's not. It's a Twitter town hall — an online-only, real-time question and answer period with the candidate.

The campaign said it was looking to tap into the large community of those who use the popular, instantly updatable microblogging program.

"Twitter is revolutionizing communication, from the way news is reported to how friends stay in touch," Kokesh communications director Andrew Sharp said in an e-mail.

"Since the world first witnessed the power of Twitter during the elections in Iran, more and more people are beginning to think twice about dismissing it. Especially for those in the field of public service, utilizing new methods of communication like Twitter to stay connected will become increasingly vital in the future," Sharp said.

Here's how it works: Twitter users can send questions to Kokesh by posting an update to their account with the words @AdamKokesh somewhere in the message. Questions are accepted up to and during the event. Kokesh then will answer them during the twown hall, which is from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Twitter users will be able to search for questions and answers from the meeting after the event.

Kokesh's presumed Democratic opponent, U.S. Rep. Ben Ray Luján, has held telephone town halls in the past as a way to keep in touch virtually with voters, as have other members of Congress.

Kokesh, 27, served in Iraq as a Marine reservist, and most recently has earned a living as a graphic designer, public speaker and organizer.

Luján is a former member of the state Public Regulation Commission who was elected to Congress last year.

Although the general election is more than a year away, both campaigns are busy raising money in the heavily Democratic district.

For the third quarter of this year, Kokesh raised more than $80,000 while Luján raised more than $70,000. Luján, however, is leading in cash raised for the election cycle overall. Both campaigns will file a report Oct. 15.

disorderlyvision
10-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Adam Kokesh to host Twown Hall

I know it looks like I can't spell, but turns out Adam Kokesh is holding a twown hall Oct. 19. (That's a Twitter town hall, ya'll.)

Here's how it works:

Kokesh, a Republican running for the 3rd Congressional District, will respond to questions in real time using his twitter account.

Twitter users can tweet questions to Kokesh before and/or during the event, which is from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
The campaign says Twitter users should post an update using "@AdamKokesh" somewhere in the message. There also is a hashtag for the Kokesh campaign, #k4c, if you want to search all the questions that will be asked.

Andrew Sharp, the campaign's communications director, said the campaign wants to tap into the Twitter community.

"Twitter is revolutionizing communication, from the way news is reported to how friends stay in touch. Since the world first witnessed the power of twitter during the elections in Iran, more and more people are beginning to think twice about dismissing it," he said in a statement. "Especially for those in the field of public service, utilizing new methods of communication like Twitter to stay connected will become increasingly vital in the future. That's why we've decided to host this event."

Kokesh, who announced his campaign in July, has started strong with fundraising, most of it on the Internet. Read the story I did on that for today's paper here.

He is seeking the GOP nomination in the race against U.S. Rep. Ben Ray Lujan. The election is Nov. 2, 2010.

http://greenchilechatter.blogspot.com/2009/10/adam-kokesh-to-host-twown-hall.html

ronpaulhawaii
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Bump

ClayTrainor
10-09-2009, 12:02 PM
It could catch on, if successful.

We are trend setters :cool:

Brett
10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I mentioned a possible twitter bomb somewhere on the forums. Although I totally like Kokesh's take on it better.

We need to ask him questions and get him on the "trending topics" on the side.

LittleLightShining
10-09-2009, 01:58 PM
What a great idea!

ronpaulhawaii
10-12-2009, 11:36 AM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 12:36 PM
This event is today, can send in your questions now...

You can't say Twown without the WOW!

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
From the #k4c blog "How to Attend the #TwownHall" http://bit.ly/twownhall #tcot #tlot #nmgop #c4l #yal #yoy #clcs #liberty #r3publican (RT!)

georgiaboy
10-19-2009, 01:44 PM
cool. add it to urbandictionary.com.

Kevin_Kennedy
10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
I tweeted in my question. :D

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I tweeted in my question. :D

So did I :)

http://media.abcmontana.com/images/softball2.gif

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
looking like there will be a scoop revealed on the twown hall tonight... - hehe :D

not to be missed

dannno
10-19-2009, 04:41 PM
It could catch on, if successful.

We are trend setters :cool:

You mean twend settehs??

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
You mean twend settehs??

^ that comment just made the entire room bust up :D

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
>10 minutes till it starts, tweet in your questions :)

lx43
10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Town hall on twitter has started. Wish I new how to work the damn thing.

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Town hall on twitter has started. Wish I new how to work the damn thing.

In the search box you can search @adamkokesh and watch the whole thing

Here is an example of a question:

@adamkokesh - Do you have any innovations ready for fundraising? #k4c

Here is a detailed instructions

enjoy

Kevin_Kennedy
10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
My question was: What committees do you hope to serve on when elected to the House of Representatives?

Adam's answer: Armed Svcs, Vets Affairs, Def Approp Sub, Fin Svcs, Energy & Com, Foreign Affairs, Ways & Means, & that's quite a wish list!

Get your questions in folks!

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2009, 06:40 PM
@AdamKokesh really put the "wow" in #twownhall tonight! 44 answers in 60 minutes!! thanks everyone who participated! #k4c

ronpaulhawaii
10-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Any feedback on the event? Pros and cons?

Kevin_Kennedy
10-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Any feedback on the event? Pros and cons?

Well if nothing else it generated some news on Kokesh, and that's a good thing. It also prompted me to create a Twitter which I'm happy I finally did. As for the event itself, I thought it was great. An open forum for people to hear his position on issues important to them without ever having to leave their house. This is especially good for those who are kind of nervous in crowds and wouldn't want to go to a town hall and ask a question in front of a lot of people.

ronpaulhawaii
10-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Well if nothing else it generated some news on Kokesh, and that's a good thing. It also prompted me to create a Twitter which I'm happy I finally did. As for the event itself, I thought it was great. An open forum for people to hear his position on issues important to them without ever having to leave their house. This is especially good for those who are kind of nervous in crowds and wouldn't want to go to a town hall and ask a question in front of a lot of people.

Were you able to follow the Q&A?, some people said they couldn't really tell what q he was a'ing - have to figure how to deal with that. Was also too many questions for an hour and will have to look at that as well. glad you enjoyed it, :)

Kevin_Kennedy
10-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Were you able to follow the Q&A?, some people said they couldn't really tell what q he was a'ing - have to figure how to deal with that. Was also too many questions for an hour and will have to look at that as well. glad you enjoyed it, :)

Yeah for the most part. I mostly just refreshed his page to see the answers and was able to infer what was asked by his answer. The "Real Money" bomb threw me for a loop until I came here and saw your post about it, but other than that I was able to follow fine.

I was wondering how many questions came from voters in the district? Is there any way for you guys to follow that? I know both my questions got answered and I'm obviously not in the district, so I hope I didn't bump anybody who is in the district out

ronpaulhawaii
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Adam Kokesh The next Kokesh for Congress #twownhall is set for Nov 18, 6-7pm MST. Tweet your questions to @adamkokesh now or during the event. #k4c

http://kokeshforcongress.com/sites/kokesh.netboots.net/files/images/features/TwownHall2Feature.jpg

updated OP