PDA

View Full Version : CFL at CPAC - will you be there?

Matt Collins
10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Sent to me from a FaceBook Cause

Cause Announcement from Campaign for Liberty (http://apps.facebook.com/causes/93500?m=7b4d538d)

The next CPAC will be held February 18-20, 2010 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington D.C.

The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) is THE premiere event for conservative activists. Each year, the power players in the conservative movement gather in D.C. for a three-day conference.

Campaign for Liberty represents the traditional conservative viewpoints of Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater. Our goal is to change hearts and minds at this conference, not through confrontation or arguments, but rather spreading our message in a friendly, respectful manner.

Volunteering at CPAC is an extremely rewarding experience. This event helps to create leaders in the movement as people develop and show their full potential. It is a great opportunity to work beside and meet with the Campaign for Liberty National Staff, as well as make numerous new contacts from across the country (and even some great friends)!

Volunteers are asked to help out approximately 4 hours each day they are at the conference. We will do our best to make schedules that allow each volunteer to attend whatever events or activities they have planned for their time in D.C. (i.e. - sightseeing time for those of you who have never been to the city before). If volunteers wish to register for the events at CPAC, you can do so at http://www.cpac.org/registration.html

We have reserved 200 beds at the National 4-H Dorms at the cost of $35/night per person. We are paying up front for this housing so please send in checks made out to "Campaign for Liberty" to 5211 Port Royal Road, Suite 310, Springfield, VA 22151. Be sure to write C/O Allison in the memo space.

Please send me an email to get on our volunteer list so that we can notify you of all future instructions.

Yours in liberty,
Donna Holt
Interim VA State Coordinator
donna.holt@campaignforliberty.com

MRoCkEd
10-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I might

lx43
10-07-2009, 07:53 PM
If anyone is coming threw SC going to this event I'd be happy to split the car trip with you. :)

Havax
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I will be there. Hopefully I will have the YAL @ The University of Maryland established by then and can bring a bunch of us to the event.

specsaregood
10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
We have reserved 200 beds at the National 4-H Dorms at the cost of $35/night per person. We are paying up front for this housing so please send in checks made out to "Campaign for Liberty" to 5211 Port Royal Road, Suite 310, Springfield, VA 22151. Be sure to write C/O Allison in the memo space.

Way to plan ahead and limit the biggest obstacle for many without lots of funds to blow! Smart.

Anybody know if the strawpoll is held on Saturday?
Saturday-Only Pass
Admittance to the general session and the Exhibit Hall for Saturday, February 20. Check-in is only open on Saturday

I might be able to swing that...but the whole 3 day event is out of the question.

Austin
10-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Strawpoll is Friday, I believe.

Matt Collins
10-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I hear there are beautiful girls there.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-07-2009, 10:45 PM
I hear there are beautiful girls there.

Count me in! I heard Conservatives generally love a man in uniform :D

Matt Collins
10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Count me in! I heard Conservatives generally love a man in uniform :D
It's still a sausage fest of course, but search through the Flickr/Photobucket images of CPAC last year and you'll see that most of the girls there are hot. I've noticed that actually that DC tends to be filled with beautiful women.

rp08orbust
10-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Way to plan ahead and limit the biggest obstacle for many without lots of funds to blow! Smart.

Anybody know if the strawpoll is held on Saturday?

No, straw poll voting is only open on Thursday and Friday, which requires the $175 registration for non-students or $25 registration for students.

It isn't clear whether C4L volunteers are automatically registered. Does anyone know?

Winning the straw poll for Ron Paul would be a huge boon for both Ron Paul (drawing more media attention to him and legitimizing his message in the eyes of the sheople) and other pro-liberty candidates that Ron Paul might endorse.

Epic
10-07-2009, 11:39 PM
It's still a sausage fest of course, but search through the Flickr/Photobucket images of CPAC last year and you'll see that most of the girls there are hot. I've noticed that actually that DC tends to be filled with beautiful women.

Libertarians need to, ah, make some baby libertarians.

specsaregood
10-07-2009, 11:42 PM
No, straw poll voting is only open on Thursday and Friday, which requires the $175 registration for non-students or $25 registration for students.

So clearly they are not interested in the opinion of conservatives with jobs.

Matt Collins
10-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Libertarians need to, ah, make some baby libertarians.Libertarian females are rare. And all of them that exist are taken. :mad: