PDA

View Full Version : SPLIT: Religious comments from Stephen Baldwin: "RP is nuts. And you can quote me."

denison
10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1666872.html

YouTube - Ron Paul debates Stephen Baldwin on Legalizing Marijuana on CNN Larry King 03/13/2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufekh_SwZd0)

Stephen Baldwin is a closet homosexual or a pedophile, born agains always are. They feel guilty about something and become uber-religious to make themselves feel better. Either that or or a near death experience. :rolleyes:

wizardwatson
10-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Stephen Baldwin is a closet homosexual or a pedophile, born agains always are. They feel guilty about something and become uber-religious to make themselves feel better. Either that or or a near death experience. :rolleyes:

The ironic thing about religion is that it is most useful to those who think they have no use for it. If sharp minded individuals would take an honest look at the question of "What is religion?", "Why do I need it?", I think we'd have less smart folks locked inside their own intellectual prison and more folks out there spreading the good word.

And I would also argue kind of the reverse of what you are saying. I would say people like yourself stay away from religion because they cannot reconcile their sense of compassion with even a general concept of God. But it is precisely this contradiction that should lead you to the next step and so on and so on. And I would argue that one isn't difficult to overcome with merely a little religious inquiry. The truth is hidden in the contradictions and paradoxes we perceive in our mind.

Here's a quote for you by a favorite philosopher of mine:

"Humanism was not wrong in thinking that truth, beauty, liberty, and equality are of infinite value, but in thinking that man can get them for himself without grace." - Simone Weil

I translate this to mean that people can't really achieve their ideals personally without submitting to the true self/spirit that drives them. But this goes deeper down the hole than I really want with this post.

JeNNiF00F00
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Collectivist much?

Todd
10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Stephen Baldwin is a closet homosexual or a pedophile, born agains always are.

:rolleyes:

lester1/2jr
10-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't know how many Stern fans are here but before Baldwin was "born again" he was a serious lowlife whose bachaelor party was apparently one of the craziest thigns that ever happened on the stern show.

I don't know the details of it but it was always refered to in this tone of like "oh man THAT was insane"

JeNNiF00F00
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't know how many Stern fans are here but before Baldwin was "born again" he was a serious lowlife whose bachaelor party was apparently one of the craziest thigns that ever happened on the stern show.

I don't know the details of it but it was always refered to in this tone of like "oh man THAT was insane"

So that makes someone a lowlife? Just curious.

lester1/2jr
10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
"JeNNiF00F00 "

I dind't mean to appear judgemental. I have nothing against vice as this would be quite hypocritical on my part. I just meant that his holier than thou, literally, attitude is quite contrary to who he actually is

Dieseler
10-07-2009, 11:05 AM

What does that make you?
A fucking Sociopath?
Fuck off!
A perfectly fine conversation and some asshole has to go and wreck it with a statement like that.
Reminds me why I quit coming here again and again.
I think I'll get a tattoo so I don't forget again you atheist piece of shit.