PDA

View Full Version : House To Vote To Oust Rangel

angelatc
10-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Not from the House, but from the Ways and Means committee. Rangel cheated on his taxes for 10 years, yet Chairs the committee that decides how much we little people have to pay.

If ya'll aren't too busy dreamily envisioning peaceful anarchy, you should call your rep and make sure that they know you're on board.

Here's the source: http://carter.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=40&sectiontree=6,40&itemid=1048

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Anyone who EVER gets arrested for tax evasion from this point forward should have this a$$hole's history in HAND.

I will make the call. Thanks Angel.

angelatc
10-07-2009, 11:44 AM
This just in: Maxine Waters is an idiot.

Waters: [QUOTE""I want to tell you, there are many members who, if you go back over all of their records, over all of the years, you're going to find that there were disclosures that were not made,"[/QUOTE]

Note to Congress - audit Waters. She's already under indictment for the bank scam, so maybe you should crack open her books open as wide as her mouth.

Dianne
10-07-2009, 11:58 AM
It will never happen. We're assuming there is an honest body making an honest decision. We all know honesty is something this Congress is lacking.

Dianne
10-07-2009, 12:15 PM

Waters: [QUOTE""I want to tell you, there are many members who, if you go back over all of their records, over all of the years, you're going to find that there were disclosures that were not made,"

Note to Congress - audit Waters. She's already under indictment for the bank scam, so maybe you should crack open her books open as wide as her mouth.[/QUOTE]

And that comment you gotta love...Between the Congress and ACORN; I think we have a strong case against paying our taxes.

frasu
10-07-2009, 12:59 PM
It will never happen. We're assuming there is an honest body making an honest decision. We all know honesty is something this Congress is lacking.

Indeed:

Democrats defeat GOP attempt to remove Rangel (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9B6DRT82&show_article=1)

fletcher
10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Why did Ron vote against this?

penguin
10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Sent to commitee http://cspan.org/pdf/Rangel_Resolution_100709.pdf

angelatc
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Why did Ron vote against this?

I think he voted against sending it to committee, meaning he wanted to vote on it now.

I'd like to know which GOPers voted Yes!

KramerDSP
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
The chatter online suggests a huge misunderstanding about RP's no vote. Hopefully we can clarify this pronto.

Chieftain1776
10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
The chatter online suggests a huge misunderstanding about RP's no vote. Hopefully we can clarify this pronto.

I wouldn't be so sure. RP has been pretty much against the body censuring its members without a due process. The Joe Wilson thing, the Nancy Pelosi/CIA thing, etc. .

I think he voted that way b/c he wanted to give the process its due. Even a partisan Neocon (well in foreign policy) like Dana Rohrabacher voted against it.

I'm also hesitant to give the whole body of the House control over the constitutional representation of district. It leads to kowtowing to the House leadership and not the district you represent.

sarahgop
10-07-2009, 03:07 PM
democrats will always protect their own

cheapseats
10-07-2009, 03:10 PM
democrats will always protect their own

Republicans and Libertarians don't?

How does Peter Schiff's EXCLUSIVE with the Perth Mint square with the principles of a free and competitive market?

mport1
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I support everybody that evades taxes except for the people who choose to levy them on us.

cheapseats
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM

I think . . .

I think . . .

Howzabout Ron Paul and other candidates do their own clarifying?

There is a lot of attributing virtue to people by association rather than by demonstration goin' around.

cheapseats
10-07-2009, 03:16 PM
l

CHARLIE RANGEL IS A CROOK AND A CHARLATAN.

L

angelatc
10-07-2009, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. RP has been pretty much against the body censuring its members without a due process. The Joe Wilson thing, the Nancy Pelosi/CIA thing, etc. .

I think he voted that way b/c he wanted to give the process its due. Even a partisan Neocon (well in foreign policy) like Dana Rohrabacher voted against it.

I'm also hesitant to give the whole body of the House control over the constitutional representation of district. It leads to kowtowing to the House leadership and not the district you represent.

I was right. Ron Paul voted against sending the bill into committee hell. The 3 idiots who joined the Democratic Tax Cheat Protection Team were King (NY), Rohrbacher & Young (AK).

This had nothing to do with representation of the district. The vote was to oust Rangel from his seat because he cheats on his taxes. That's not an allegation - that's a fact. His tax returns were changed as a result of him getting caught.

angelatc
10-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Howzabout Ron Paul and other candidates do their own clarifying?

There is a lot of attributing virtue to people by association rather than by demonstration goin' around.

I was right.

Neener neener neener.

Chieftain1776
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I was right.

Neener neener neener.

I stand corrected.

devil21
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
The term "sacrificial lamb" comes to mind. Harrass and punish one guy in an effort to keep the people "satisfied" with the outcome, nevermind that 3/4 of Congress is involved in the same fraud, theft, and evasion.

KramerDSP
10-07-2009, 06:47 PM
I was right. Ron Paul voted against sending the bill into committee hell. The 3 idiots who joined the Democratic Tax Cheat Protection Team were King (NY), Rohrbacher & Young (AK).

This had nothing to do with representation of the district. The vote was to oust Rangel from his seat because he cheats on his taxes. That's not an allegation - that's a fact. His tax returns were changed as a result of him getting caught.

I'm still confused. Do I have this right?

Ron Paul joined 5 other republicans in voting towards ending the debate on the bill to oust Rangel from his seat because he cheats on his taxes (fact). Why didn't all of the other republicans also vote towards ending the debate on the bill and only 6 republicans? Did they feel there was more convincing to do, and to Ron it was just open and shut?

Then in the proposal towards referring it to "committee hell", he votes with all the other republicans against this. All but three of the republicans, that is. And almost the entire group of democrats and the three republicans vote aye in order to send this to "committee hell"?

Is that right? :confused: If not, please correct me.

angelatc
10-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm still confused. Do I have this right?

Ron Paul joined 5 other republicans in voting towards ending the debate on the bill to oust Rangel from his seat because he cheats on his taxes (fact). Why didn't all of the other republicans also vote towards ending the debate on the bill and only 6 republicans? Did they feel there was more convincing to do, and to Ron it was just open and shut?

Then in the proposal towards referring it to "committee hell", he votes with all the other republicans against this. All but three of the republicans, that is. And almost the entire group of democrats and the three republicans vote aye in order to send this to "committee hell"?

Is that right? :confused: If not, please correct me.

Bradley In DC.

Paging Bradley in DC.

Reason
10-07-2009, 08:42 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-25187-Houston-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m10d7-Ron-Paul-votes-to-protect-tax-cheat-Rangel

erowe1
10-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Let's suppose Rangel did pay his taxes. Then the federal government would have more money. We all at least agree that that would be a bad thing. Right?

Cheating on his taxes just may be the most patriotic thing Rangel has ever done.

Dianne
10-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Once these crooks punish one of the larger crooks, Rangel... well then it sets a precedent for their affairs to be looked into as well. As Maxine states... the vast majority of them are guilty of tax fraud... nice, isn't it? Just the scum I want to run my country starting from the President down, maggots.

bobbyw24
10-08-2009, 05:08 AM

Waters: [QUOTE""I want to tell you, there are many members who, if you go back over all of their records, over all of the years, you're going to find that there were disclosures that were not made,"

Note to Congress - audit Waters. She's already under indictment for the bank scam, so maybe you should crack open her books open as wide as her mouth.[/QUOTE]

Story on Waters' Quote:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/62009-waters-many-members-suffer-from-problems-like-rangels#

Reason
10-08-2009, 12:17 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/08/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5371465.shtml

yokna7
10-08-2009, 12:25 PM

That's always been in.