PDA

View Full Version : Should I laugh or cry?

Dianne
10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
This entire forum does not have enough room to post all the things going wrong with this country, as well as the names of all the crooks that have and are guiding us to the path of destruction. Luckily I live in a very pro-active community that will stop at nothing for justice !!! They are carrying the banner for America....

Note the e mail I just received from them:

Several homeowners have voiced their disappointment in Stallings Town Council's decision not to adopt a golf cart ordinance. This is a reminder that the next Town Council meeting will be held on Monday, October 12 at 7 PM at the Town Hall. Citizens should feel free to attend the meeting and speak about this or any other subject if they wish to do so.

Now do I laugh, or do I cry?

lester1/2jr
10-07-2009, 11:32 AM
when did that whole thing start, with town ordinances about like having siding on your house or grass length regulations?

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten the slightest bit of satisfaction from any of these things, besides the feeling of power from putting them in place

Elwar
10-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Fortunately I'm in an unincorporated town...though we have county ordinances, we aren't burdened by extra laws like the cities around us.

If there's ever a move to incorporate, I'll be on the front lines against it.

Reason
10-07-2009, 12:55 PM
golf cart ordinance > http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Civilradiant/Terror-Photos-Probed9nov02.jpg

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Fortunately I'm in an unincorporated town...though we have county ordinances, we aren't burdened by extra laws like the cities around us.

If there's ever a move to incorporate, I'll be on the front lines against it.

We're in one too. And everyone drives their Rhinos (and golf carts) around even though it's not "legal" and the cops don't care.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
This entire forum does not have enough room to post all the things going wrong with this country, as well as the names of all the crooks that have and are guiding us to the path of destruction. Luckily I live in a very pro-active community that will stop at nothing for justice !!! They are carrying the banner for America....

Note the e mail I just received from them:

Several homeowners have voiced their disappointment in Stallings Town Council's decision not to adopt a golf cart ordinance. This is a reminder that the next Town Council meeting will be held on Monday, October 12 at 7 PM at the Town Hall. Citizens should feel free to attend the meeting and speak about this or any other subject if they wish to do so.

Now do I laugh, or do I cry?

Homeowners Associations are a classic case in why government is to be avoided. Every petty complaint or "concern" results in a new rule being adopted or a whole lot of money being spent. Insider contractors and management associations make a killing on (often unnecessary) work. Why does that all sound familiar? They would probably start a war with the next neighborhood over if they could get away with it. "They made a lot of noise last weekend, and one of them said our neighborhood sucks. We need to decide whether to impose sanctions or bomb them". :rolleyes:

Civilradiant_palm_pre
10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Homeowners Associations are a classic case in why government is to be avoided. Every petty complaint or "concern" results in a new rule being adopted or a whole lot of money being spent. Insider contractors and management associations make a killing on (often unnecessary) work. Why does that all sound familiar? They would probably start a war with the next neighborhood over if they could get away with it. "They made a lot of noise last weekend, and one of them said our neighborhood sucks. We need to decide whether to impose sanctions or bomb them". :rolleyes:

lmao, love the comparison

SL89
10-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Man oh man! Glad I live in the sticks. I don't deal with them and they have no need to deal with me. At least not yet....:D

Dianne
10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
How many young men and woman died in Afghanistan today while my community upset because peeps driving their golf carts on the neighborhood streets. Gawwwwwwwd... blood pressure going skyhigh.

coyote_sprit
10-07-2009, 08:59 PM
How many young men and woman died in Afghanistan today while my community upset because peeps driving their golf carts on the neighborhood streets. Gawwwwwwwd... blood pressure going skyhigh.

The war in Afghanistan is still going?

Anti Federalist
10-07-2009, 10:18 PM

I understood your frustration.

Laugh and cry, it's the human condition.

I'm reminded of a picture, it was iconic and I can't seem to find it anywhere, it's of a shopkeeper in London during the "blitz" of WWII.

His shop, and indeed his entire street, has been reduced to mostly rubble in the background and yet here he is, on what's left of his front stoop, calmly sweeping up like he had for years every morning.

What to make of that?

Bravely showing contempt for his enemies by continuing his routine as if nothing happened?

Desperation manifesting itself in a desire to cling to routine?

Insanity?

As the country goes down the tubes, some folks still have the time to worry about a golf cart ordinance.