PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Closed Primary States! Register As A Republican Now!

orenbus
09-30-2007, 10:48 PM
!!!!!

INCOMMING NEW DEADLINES

Delaware: 10/31
Conneticutt: 11/06
Maryland: 11/19
Rhode Island: 12/05
Wyoming: 12/6
New Jersey: 12/17

!!!!!!!

Here is a link to see the deadline in your state
http://www.ronpaulnation.com/register/

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Many STATES have CLOSED Primaries!

What does this mean???

It means if you are NOT REGISTERED REPUBLICAN,
You will NOT be able to vote for Ron Paul in the PRIMARY election.

If Ron Paul Does NOT Win the Primary, he will NOT be running
for President.

So this is VERY IMPORTANT to understand, and I know many of you do, but I will explain anyway for those who are missing this point.

In NEW YORK for example, YOU NEED To CHANGE your
registration to REPUBLICAN by October 12, 2007, or you can’t vote in the Primary Election

Other states have different dates, but you must find out when that date is right away if you live in a Closed Primary State!
Don’t put this off people. This is the most important thing to focus on right now!

Call your county Board of Elections or just go there to change your registration.

If you are an independent, a Libratarian, a Constitution Party member or a Democrat, you must change to Republican right
away or you will NOT be able to vote in the Primary Election
if you are in a CLOSED Primary State.

Please get this word out to ALL who want to support Ron Paul.
And to anyone who you want to get to vote for Ron Paul.
After the Registration Deadlines it will be too late.

Re-register NOW! Do it Now! It should be the First Priority!

Check your state details for deadline:
http://www.ronpaulnation.com/register/

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks LibertyEagle, Paulitics and Moderators for helping to increase the priority on this issue. This is an insanely critical action item
all of us are starting to wrap our heads around, I'm happy to see we are focusing on this. We may still have a chance
to do something remarkable :)

orenbus
09-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Associated Press is reporting New Hampshire deadline has
been set to Oct. 12 for changing party registration for primary

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2007/09/29/oct_12_deadline_to_change_party_registration_for_p rimary/

guys we've run out of time, we need to move FAST!!!

orenbus
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Please everyone stop talking about stupid entertainment internet stuff that has little impact on this campaign's success.

We need to figure out how we can help New Hampshire in the next two weeks. Primarly I think we want to get as many obama supporters to switch as they are most likely candidates to come over.

Anyone have any ideas how we can help New Hampshire???

Our Alarm Bells should be going off right about now, please forward this new deadline information to everyone
seems they just announced it in the last few days and are trying to slip past everyones radar!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

0zzy
09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
what the hell
so gay.

Ron Paul Fan
09-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Huh? New Hampshire has always let indpendents vote in their primary. How do you think John McCain won in 2000? The article you posted says that independents can vote in either primary! Everyone, this is false info and if you are not registered with a party then you have nothing to worry about. If you're a registered Democrat in New Hampshire and want to vote in the Republican primary, then you better switch to Republican before October 12th.

orenbus
09-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Huh? New Hampshire has always let indpendents vote in their primary. How do you think John McCain won in 2000? The article you posted says that independents can vote in either primary! Everyone, this is false info and if you are not registered with a party then you have nothing to worry about. If you're a registered Democrat in New Hampshire and want to vote in the Republican primary, then you better switch to Republican before October 12th.

Yes, your correct but I think many people were under the assumption that there would be more time for anti-war democrats, etc. to consider changing party affiliation to vote republican (ie. Ron Paul). This is not true based on the following article that crossed over AP yesterday. New Hampshire is a critical state for us, we need to make every effort to win over as many votes as possible. This is critical. Secretary of State William Gardner just set the new date this past week!!!

CONCORD, N.H. --Registered voters who want to change party affiliation before New Hampshire's presidential primary have two weeks to do so.
Article Tools

Secretary of State William Gardner has set Oct. 12 as the last day to change affiliation. The voter checklist supervisors will meet that day to correct the voter list.

Gardner set the deadline last week when he moved up the filing period for candidates to run from Oct. 15 through Nov. 2.

New Hampshire allows same-day voter registration on election day, but people who want to switch affiliations must do so before the election. Independents can vote in either primary.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2007/09/29/oct_12_deadline_to_change_party_registration_for_p rimary/

BuddyRey
10-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Bump!

I'm from NC and FINALLY had my affiliation changed last week.

MicroBalrog
10-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Nevermind.

njjack
10-01-2007, 02:38 AM
!!!!NEW HAMPSHIRE IS ALSO AN OPEN PRIMARY!!!!!!

Hmm I assumed it was "Semi-Closed" or "Mixed"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_election

Can you provide a link stating it's a true Open Primary? Where a Democrat can cross over to vote for a Republican in
the primary without having to change affiliation.

MicroBalrog
10-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I appear to have been wrong.

http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm

I apologize for my mistake and will edit my post accoridngly.

orenbus
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
::bump::

CurtisLow
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
z-bump

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Since this is the case and we are flat running out of time to entice NH Democrats to change parties to vote for Paul in the primary, should we be considering pushing up the timeline to run TV ads in NH and maybe 1 or 2 radio and newspaper ads?

paulitics
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm pretty pissed. Over the last month or so, I've been talking about this deadline and how we need, as a national grassroots effort, to call up all libertarains to switch party identification, and to do a huge mailout to reach disenfranchised voters, which would include democrats. This was something that would have required the time and dedication of many of us, but it would have been worth it.

I was told to wait, that it wasn't urgent. To let headquarters or Nh take care of it. Newsflash: We can't win this thing without the libertarian or democrat vote. this little overlooked technicality could cost us the entire election.
All of this RP is a frontrunner BS, will ruin this campaign,with complacency.

Over half of us, think we can win the election while losing the most libertarian state in the country. These are the same people who argue against pulling our resources together and come up with a NH and Iowa plan. That tell us that headquarters or Nh meetup will take care of it. Unbelievably unrealistic.

There should be sticky threads right now dedicated to a NH and Iowa plan with thousands of views and input. I'm not seeing anything like that, not even close. Im sure there will be plenty in December, when it is too late.

So we have 12 days left. Scrap the mail out idea. Scrap any large idea. The only thing we can do is call libertarians and warn about the deadline ASAP. Anyone know how to obtain a list?

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Paulitics,

I don't know how to obtain the list you speak of. If you live in NH and have the number for the NH campaign office, please call them and either get the list from them, or ask them how to obtain it.

paulitics
10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Why did someone rate this thread 1 star? Rate it up everyone.

orenbus
10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty pissed. Over the last month or so, I've been talking about this deadline and how we need, as a national grassroots effort, to call up all libertarains to switch party identification, and to do a huge mailout to reach disenfranchised voters, which would include democrats. This was something that would have required the time and dedication of many of us, but it would have been worth it.

I was told to wait, that it wasn't urgent. To let headquarters or Nh take care of it. Newsflash: We can't win this thing without the libertarian or democrat vote. this little overlooked technicality could cost us the entire election.
All of this RP is a frontrunner BS, will ruin this campaign,with complacency.

Over half of us, think we can win the election while losing the most libertarian state in the country. These are the same people who argue against pulling our resources together and come up with a NH and Iowa plan. That tell us that headquarters or Nh meetup will take care of it. Unbelievably unrealistic.

There should be sticky threads right now dedicated to a NH and Iowa plan with thousands of views and input. I'm not seeing anything like that, not even close. Im sure there will be plenty in December, when it is too late.

So we have 12 days left. Scrap the mail out idea. Scrap any large idea. The only thing we can do is call libertarians and warn about the deadline ASAP. Anyone know how to obtain a list?

OMG!!!

THIS SUCKS!!! :mad:

Yea this is some real BULLSHIT! right here! (excuse my french but i'm pissed!) everything you said is dead on, we need to win NY & NH and we need every anti-war Democrat we can find to switch over to support Ron Paul. Please please please make this a stickY, if we don't win NH how do we expect to win this election? We need to start thinking about what we can put together in in the next few days to win the New Hampshire primary.

If I had known about this before I would have spread the message earlier, everyone please make videos on youtube, post myspace bulletins, post blogs about this, use your bullhorns, whatever it takes everyone needs to be aware of this deadline and we have to do something about it, FAST!!!

paulitics
10-01-2007, 09:35 AM
THIS SUCKS!!!

Yea this is some real BULLSHIT! right here! (excuse my french but i'm pissed!) everything you said is dead on, we need to win NH and we need every Libertarian and Democrat we can find to switch over to support Ron Paul. Please please please make this a stickY, if we don't win NH how do we expect to win this election? We need to start thinking about what we can put together in in the next few days to win the New Hampshire primary.

If I had known about this before I would have spread the message earlier, everyone please make videos on youtube, post myspace bulletins, post blogs about this, use your bullhorns, whatever it takes everyone needs to be aware of this deadline and we have to do something about it, FAST!!!

How is this ever going to be a sticky if someone rates it 1 star? Either people need to get their heads out of their asses today, or we will learn some painful lessons come January. I'm beginning to think a few of us are subverting the campaign, by rating an important thread 1 star, or pissing over any good, concrete ideas. More people cared about an Iowan straw poll and we learned fast that not enough of us cared. I remember the same heads in the clouds, unrealistic expectations of 1st place prior to the Iowa event, when Paul nor us, gave anything more than a late push of effort. The sad thing is, the message has been proven to win people over with a very high closing ratio. This election could be within or reach.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM
You are right. Let's get it done.

In my opinion, we need a subforum for early primaries/caucuses. Then, we need to make this our main focus. It's not too late to run ads, but we have to quickly find out what is available, or we have to construct one or two, really fast. To that end, I have sent a PM to Max, Skiingff and Lord Xar, as they seem to be some of the leaders in this area. (Note: I apologize if I inadvertently left someone out). We are going to need to raise money and raise money fast, if we do this and I know a lot of us are broke from donating to the campaign. I still think this can be done, however. There very well could be a variety of things in the works, of which I am not aware. I know a multitude of things have been discussed on here, but it's been unclear to me how far along they are, or if they have died on the vine.

It also seems to me that the New Hampshire Meetups should collaborate on how to best attack this issue. Maybe putting a call out to all surrounding states and asking them to come help? From what I have always understood, what appeals most to New Hampshire is the old tried and true approach of face to face campaigning. If that is true, I would hope that everyone is taking the initiative to go door-to-door and hand out campaign literature, DVDs, etc. If other states joined in to help, isn't it still possible to have a huge impact? I would think so. But, people are going to have to move.

Maybe there is something else lacking, of which I am not aware. Is the New Hampshire grassroots lacking more than manpower? Is it a money issue? If so, we can't help, if you don't tell us what you need. Because those of you who live in New Hampshire are going to be much more in tune with how best to approach your fellow citizens.

BillyDkid
10-01-2007, 09:57 AM
yes, I did it. I registered GOP and it made my skin crawl to do it.

ronpaulnation
10-01-2007, 10:02 AM
RonPaulNation.com and FreeMe.TV will keep this on the top of the site until the deadline, we're also spreading the word every way we can. We have to target NH at least until the deadline to make sure every Democrat that would like to, is registered to vote for Ron Paul. Let's do this people!

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Will everyone on this board, please add the state you live in to your profile? Especially if you live in one of the early Primary/Caucus states.

Thanks.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
bump

orenbus
10-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Anyway we can get this on daily paul?

Michael Nystrom (owner of dailypaul) is gone until october 15th!!! :eek:

anyone know of a blogger that has access to post an article about this??? :(

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2007, 11:36 AM
The ball has been dropped on this issue for a long time.

What will it take for this to be made a "sticky" and for it to be featured on the official "ronpaul2008" website?

I guess actually being registered and able to vote for Ron in the Primary is not a priority...

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
PLEASE MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY.

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have a link to that map of the US that showed whether States are "open primaries" or not?

Most States are not open, so I would advocate registering Republican today...don't wait for deadlines or you will miss them!

forsytjr
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
This is Jim, from RonPaulHQ.com. There is an article about this on dailypaul:
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/2575
There is no such thing as registering as a libertarian, constituional party, etc. You are either Democrat, Republican, or independent. R's and I's are all set (I's can switch when they vote). D's are the ones that need to change their party by Oct 12th. So get the word out, and please link to the daily paul article. There is a lot of misinformation going on about this. People should go double check what they are registered as, to be safe.

forsytjr
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
P.S. Keep in mind the percentages are 43% I’s, 26% D’s, and 31% R’s. So the deadline affects 26%, and most of those wouldn’t cross over. Still, we need to get as many dems as we can, every one counts.

TooConservative
10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
RP's campaign needs to get the message out to these forums and blogs on which states to concentrate on so we can register as many as possible. There may also be mailing lists or voter lists they have or could get that would help volunteers in the states.

paulitics
10-01-2007, 03:49 PM
There is no such thing as registering as a libertarian, constituional party, etc. You are either Democrat, Republican, or independent. R's and I's are all set (I's can switch when they vote). D's are the ones that need to change their party by Oct 12th. So get the word out, and please link to the daily paul article. There is a lot of misinformation going on about this. People should go double check what they are registered as, to be safe.

thanks for clearing that up Jim, i wrote you an email earlier. Is this normal for the deadline being so early in NH? Just to let you know, you have hundreds more people on this forum that want to help you guys. Please continue to keep us updated. And welcome to the forum.

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2007, 03:50 PM

You gotta be clear on this! You are only talking about New Hampshire in your post.

And to be more precise, in New Hampshire you can only register as Undeclared, Democrat or Republican.

And if you previously registered as "Undeclared", but voted on a party ballot in the past, you are now a member of that PARTY! You have to re-register as Undeclared or Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the Primary in New Hampshire. And the deadline is now (Oct 12)!

http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm:
"If you voted on a party ballot in the 2006 state primary, you are now a registered member of that party unless you filled out a card to return to undeclared status with the supervisors of the checklist."

This "Open/Closed/Modified/Mixed" Primary BS is so confused, it almost seems like a conspiracy. And misinformation is spreading faster than the truth.

This is the only fool-proof plan for all states:

Register or re-register as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the Primary. Simple.

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
P.S. Keep in mind the percentages are 43% I’s, 26% D’s, and 31% R’s. So the deadline affects 26%, and most of those wouldn’t cross over. Still, we need to get as many dems as we can, every one counts.

wrong wrong wrong! I have single handed have had 7 dems switch to vote for paul! and they went kicking and screaming to do it.

paulitics
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
You gotta be clear on this! You are only talking about New Hampshire in your post.

And to be more precise, in New Hampshire you can only register as Undeclared, Democrat or Republican.

And if you previously registered as "Undeclared", but voted on a party ballot in the past, you are now a member of that PARTY! You have to re-register as Undeclared or Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the Primary in New Hampshire. And the deadline is now (Oct 12)!

http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm:
"If you voted on a party ballot in the 2006 state primary, you are now a registered member of that party unless you filled out a card to return to undeclared status with the supervisors of the checklist."

This "Open/Closed/Modified/Mixed" Primary BS is so confused, it almost seems like a conspiracy. And misinformation is spreading faster than the truth.

This is the only fool-proof plan for all states:

Register or re-register as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the Primary. Simple.

ok, now Im confused. if someone voted libertarian in the past, do they have to change party identification. Jim just said there is no registered libertarians or constitutional party. Does this only affect democrats? We need to be 100% clear on this ASAP.

orenbus
10-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Someone make a phone call to the NH attorney general's office to get
the scoop on specifics. I would but I'm anti-social :D

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
ok, now Im confused. if someone voted libertarian in the past, do they have to change party identification. Jim just said there is no registered libertarians or constitutional party. Does this only affect democrats? We need to be 100% clear on this ASAP.

Sorry, this is confusing. Exactly like I said. There is no reason to attempt to figure out all of the legal mumbo-jumbo for each State.

Here's the simple rule:

Register or re-register as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the Primary.

But to answer your specific question, here is what the Official New Hampshire Secretary of State website says...

http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm

"When registering to vote, you will not be required to register as a member of a political party (republican or democratic) -- you may register as an undeclared voter. If you are registered as an undeclared voter and go to vote in a state primary election, you will be required to choose a party when accepting a ballot. Voters should be aware of their party status before a primary election. If you voted on a party ballot in the 2006 state primary, you are now a registered member of that party unless you filled out a card to return to undeclared status with the supervisors of the checklist."

They say (republican or democratic), but what they probably mean is (republican, democratic, etc.). But who knows? If you voted in a Libertarian primary in the past, they probably have registered you as a "Libertarian", and if you voted in a Democrat primary in the past, they probably have registered you as a Democrat. Either way, you would not be able to vote for Ron Paul in NH. Once again, no need to debate or hire lawyers to go through the law books and websites for each State.

Keep it simple:

Register as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the Primary.

PrimarilyPaul
10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Does anyone have a contact for the national campaign? I could email them but I'm guessing they are pretty backlogged, by the time they get it, it will be too late? Also:

New York has the same deadline too!

terlinguatx
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Does anyone have a contact for the national campaign? I could email them but I'm guessing they are pretty backlogged, by the time they get it, it will be too late? Also:

New York has the same deadline too!

And in New York you must register Republican...

parocks
10-02-2007, 01:10 AM
So, if you aren't registered at all (college students), when is the deadline?

Is the October 12 deadline only for Democrats who would switch, or is it for people who aren't registered to vote at all?

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 03:25 AM
So, if you aren't registered at all (college students), when is the deadline?

Is the October 12 deadline only for Democrats who would switch, or is it for people who aren't registered to vote at all?

Oct. 12 deadline to change party registration for primary

September 29, 2007

CONCORD, N.H. --Registered voters who want to change party affiliation before New Hampshire's presidential primary have two weeks to do so.
Article Tools

Secretary of State William Gardner has set Oct. 12 as the last day to change affiliation. The voter checklist supervisors will meet that day to correct the voter list.

Gardner set the deadline last week when he moved up the filing period for candidates to run from Oct. 15 through Nov. 2.

New Hampshire allows same-day voter registration on election day, but people who want to switch affiliations must do so before the election. Independents can vote in either primary.

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 03:32 AM
It makes me wonder if the campaign is on top of it, because in this video of the NH walk, one of Ron Paul's sons is telling a resident of NH that NH has an open primary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C_SezJm948

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 08:21 AM
here, http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm

This is what I found out...

There are only 3 things you can be registered as, in New Hampshire.
1. Republican
2. Democrat
3. Undeclared

That's it. Nothing else. There is no declaration for Libertarian or anything else. I specifically asked about them. In those cases, you would be an "undeclared".

Both Republicans and undeclareds can vote in the primary. Of course the undeclareds would have to declare on that date.

The only importance the date of October 12 is to us is with regard to getting Democrats to change parties to Republican. Because 10/12 is the last date they can do that and still vote in the Republican primary.

Note: I just called back again to make absolutely sure. Someone who is not registered can still vote in the primary. When they show up to vote, they will then have to register and pick a party. In this case, Republican, and then they will be allowed to vote in the Republican primary.

PrimarilyPaul
10-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I wrote a post explaining New York's party registration law: http://www.primarilypaul.com/2007/10/02/new-yorks-screwy-party-registration-laws-and-how-it-screws-ron-paul-supporters/

Eli
10-03-2007, 01:12 AM
they never even sent out that myspace bulletin about the 1mill donation, which would of demolished the goal. I wouldn't bet your last penny that they'll get around to sending out that email....sad but true. But thats why the grassroots are here. We pick up that slack and kick ass in their name. :)

We can't wait around for them. If we do it'll never happen. Lets start the communication.

Artemus
10-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Get this news out ASAP especially on places like Youtube.

orenbus
10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Guys if they can move up deadlines and "close" what used
to be "open" primaries, they can do this anywhere. :eek:

Forget about getting some type of warning or heads up through
an announcement they will put out the info after the deadline has already passed!
I just called NH and the lady who picked up the phone says the Secretary
of State is talking to reporters now and that by Friday all the media will have
the info. BY FRIDAY?!!? WHAT THE HELL HAS HE BEEN DOING THE LAST FEW DAYS
IN HIS OFFICE, PICKING HIS ASS??? HE MADE THE DECISION LAST WEEK. :mad:

If you know any Democrats, Libertarians, Constitution Party, Green Party, every party under the sun and other Independants that are leaning
towards Ron Paul DO NOT WAIT, have them register nowwwwwwwww!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ronpaulnation
10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Jive has put together a video on this, please redistribute everywhere!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAktowrDUKg

ronpaulnation
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Please Digg this, we are running out of time!!!

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/URGENT_Party_Affiliation_Change

Razmear
10-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Other states to be aware of:
Delaware: 10/13

Source:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/

njjack
10-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Other states to be aware of:
Delaware: 10/13

Source:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/

Where are you getting Deleware 10/13 from? I'm seeing Nov 1 for Deleware on the official site and primarily paul;

http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

Paul4Prez
10-04-2007, 01:22 PM
The campaign site lists Delaware as 10/13, but it's actually 10/31 at 4:30 PM for changing party registration.

Does anyone here know the deadline for Pennsylvania? I've heard it could be as early as 10/9....

orenbus
10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
The campaign site lists Delaware as 10/13, but it's actually 10/31 at 4:30 PM for changing party registration.

Does anyone here know the deadline for Pennsylvania? I've heard it could be as early as 10/9....

Pennsy deadline is 30 days before the primary for party affiliation change.

The 10/9 date is for local elections that will be happening this November '07.

PrimarilyPaul
10-04-2007, 08:40 PM

It is actually March 23rd. All the question marks in my table, with the exception of DC and territories, will be filled in this weekend. The person who emailed me said March 24th but I believe they are mistaken and meant March 23rd.

I'm not sure where Ron Paul's website is getting their deadline for Delaware because Delaware's official site (http://elections.delaware.gov/events.shtml) makes it pretty clear the deadline is Nov 1.

Subject: RE: Voter Registration questions and information
Date: October 3, 2007 1:14:20 PM GMT-04:00
To: Mark

Mark,
The deadline for changing political affiliations before the 2008 presidential primary is currently March 24th; however, this date is tentative, due to the possibility of a passage of amendatory legislation by the General Assembly, which would essentially change the date. A list of important election dates can be accessed on our website at: http://www.dos.state.pa.us/elections/lib/elections/030_important_dates/importantdatesupcoming.pdf. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact our office. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 12:23 PM
To: Pennsylvania
Subject: Voter Registration questions and information

Hello, can you confirm how much advance notice is required for a
registered voter in Pennslyvania to change their party affiliation?
Specifically, if a Pennsylvania state resident wants to participate
in the upcoming presidential primary election as a Republican, and is
currently a registered Democrat, what is the last day for them to
change their party affiliation for that election?

Thanks,
Mark

Thunderbolt
10-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Hey, now that the deadline has passed for NY and NH, can we get rid of those posts and move these newer dates to the top?

orenbus
10-14-2007, 06:22 AM
I edited the first post with the new dates