PDA

View Full Version : Jake Towne - PA 15th District

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Why are we not rallying and supporting this man?

http://towneforcongress.com/

You have to read his essay on the FED, Bernanke, Gold Standard, and Great Depression deception.

http://towneforcongress.com/economy/bernankes-great-lie-the-gold-standard-and-the-great-depression

We need to immediately support this candidate with all haste. I'm unsure of his current polling, but at this juncture we need to support every candidate who exposes our views.

We missed his money bomb on the 20th of last month and as far as I'm aware of. I think this guy deserves a sub-forum. He is in a very winnable district (Heavily GOP), along with the likes of RJ and Kokesh. Also, it takes much less funds to win a house seat. We need to send Dr. Paul all the help he can get and with another Austrian on the hill we have more hope for the future!

Charlie Dent the incumbent:

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9121

I think he deserves a sub-forum. Wondering what everyone else thinks?

As an aside; I'm not sure how smart it is to run as an Independant, but I think it's a winnable seat. Thoughts?

bobbyw24
10-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Jake Towne for US Congress, Eastern PA-15th District
Global
Basic Info
Name:
Jake Towne for US Congress, Eastern PA-15th District
Category:
Organizations - Political Organizations
Description:
I have been personally outraged by what Congress, our Presidents, and the Federal Reserve has done over the last few decades and I deem their collective actions as oppressive and tyrannical.

As there is no hope for my concerns and grievances to be addressed by the current government, I've decided to make myself available and talk and discuss ideas with whoever wants to consider me to represent them in my district.

TowneForCongress.com is the main campaign website, check out the novel discussion features!! The site is still being updated as of July 2009.

My campaign has three major planks (downloadable from http://www.scribd.com/doc/15909415/Jake-Towne-for-US-Congress-PA15-May-2009)

1. Government Accountability and Transparency. I will create a novel forum-like system I've nicknamed the "Open Office" if elected.

2. Prosperity through Monetary Policy Change. This is the reason I am running for federal Congress as the Constitution endows this branch of the government with this responsibility, which has been grossly abused.

3. Bring fresh, new ideas to the U.S. Congress. Please refer to my presentation for some examples!

My campaign's principles are:

1. Government exists to protect liberty, not to redistribute wealth, nor to grant special privileges, nor to interfere with the lives of individuals and their actions. The government of a free country, properly speaking, rests not in its elected officials but in its laws.

2. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Therefore, transfer of American sovereignty to supranational organizations, even if “benign,” is not permissible without a constitutional amendment.

3. The United States Constitution was written under the principle of "positive grant." This means the federal government is authorized to exercise only the powers which are specifically given to it by the Constitution, and nothing more.

4. Each individual is fundamentally equal under the law with all other individuals. The rule of law's framework of liberty ensures the greatest opportunity for individuals to explore their strengths and surmount obstacles.

5. A limited and decentralized government with inherent checks and balances results in more self-rule by local communities, and hence providing local diversity and overall greater satisfaction for individuals. Individuals can always vote with their feet, and move to areas not affected by laws they strongly disagree with.

6. Individuals have the right to live their own lives in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal rights of others.

7. The only legitimate use of force is in defense of individual rights — life, liberty, and justly acquired property — against aggression.

8. Rights belong to individuals, not groups.

9. Rights are not privileges, they are derived from the natural state of being human.

10. The Constitution merely acts to forbid the infringement of the federal government upon these rights.

11. The government's monetary role is to mint money and maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not to commit fraud by debasement or to substitute counterfeits of paper for the constitutionally-specified forms of lawful money, coins of gold and silver.

12. However, individuals should be free to trade and exchange as money any mutually agreeable commodity or item as they wish.

13. Property should be owned by people, not government.

14. The free market is feared by many who do not understand it. Those who do realize the free market is the most just, most humane economic system, and remains the greatest engine of prosperity and liberty the world has ever known.

15. Freedom is an indivisible whole. It includes not only economic liberties but personal liberties as well.
Contact Info
Email:
http://towneforcongress.com/
Towne For Congress, PO Box 22542, Lehigh Valley, PA 18002
Nazareth, PA

brandon
10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
He is in a very winnable district (Heavily GOP), along with the likes of RJ and Kokesh.

As an aside; I'm not sure how smart it is to run as an Independant, but I think it's a winnable seat. Thoughts?

If the district is heavily GOP, and he's not in the GOP, why do you think the race is very winnable?

I think the race is very unwinnable, which is why I'm not going to go out of my way to support him.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
If the district is heavily GOP, and he's not in the GOP, why do you think the race is very winnable?

I think the race is very unwinnable, which is why I'm not going to go out of my way to support him.

I think some of the votes of the incumbent put him at a disadvantage. It's much easier to win a GOP held seat with our views, than in a D held seat. The fact he is running as an Independant does put him at a slight disadvantage, but I think in this climate it isn't as much as it would be otherwise. It doesn't have the stigma of Constitutionalist or Libertarian Party. Bernie Sander's won a Senate race as an Independant and Jesse Ventura won a Governorship as an Independant.

Jake Towne
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
My district is close to 30% G.O.P. I have a solid strategy to win, and the campaign is picking up more and more steam everyday. That said, I am the underdog for sure.

With economic unrest, you have political change. I have a very strong message that appeals to all citizens called the Open Office. Its pretty popular, the only challenge is getting the word out. Even if you dont support my campaign, feel free to snatch its ideas. In liberty, Jake

http://towneforcongress.com/platform-issues/our-open-office

brandon
10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
My district is close to 30% G.O.P. I have a solid strategy to win, and the campaign is picking up more and more steam everyday. That said, I am the underdog for sure.

With economic unrest, you have political change. I have a very strong message that appeals to all citizens called the Open Office. Its pretty popular, the only challenge is getting the word out. Even if you dont support my campaign, feel free to snatch its ideas. In liberty, Jake

http://towneforcongress.com/platform-issues/our-open-office

Best of luck Jake....you certainly do have the right ideas.