PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Baldwin: "Ron Paul is nuts. And you can quote me."

RonPaulFanInGA
10-07-2009, 05:33 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1666872.html

Actor Stephen Baldwin, a speaker at Armey’s Sept. 12 Washington rally, leaves no doubt.

"Mike Huckabee is a knight in shining armor," Baldwin said this week in Dallas, talking about the once-and-maybe-future Republican presidential candidate from Arkansas and a former Fort Worth seminary student and resident of North Richland Hills.

"This is a guy who’s humble enough and smart enough to take the criticism from both sides," Baldwin said. "He knows what he stands for."

It’s no surprise that Baldwin, the youngest of the acting brothers and the evangelist in the family, would prefer Huckabee, a former Southern Baptist pastor.

But some of the most vociferous Tea Party protesters are on a different team.

"I know," Baldwin said, shaking his head over lunch at a Dallas restaurant.

"Ron Paul is nuts. And you can quote me."

YouTube - Ron Paul debates Stephen Baldwin on Legalizing Marijuana on CNN Larry King 03/13/2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufekh_SwZd0)

pacelli
10-07-2009, 05:44 AM
"Mike Huckabee is a knight in shining armor,"

Delusion, in everyday language, is a fixed belief that is either false, fanciful, or derived from deception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Time for Change
10-07-2009, 05:58 AM
as if the baldwin family matters.

Oh yeah...they play smart people on tv...nevermind

fisharmor
10-07-2009, 06:11 AM
"This is a guy who’s humble enough and smart enough to take the criticism from both sides," Baldwin said. "He knows what he stands for."

See sig line.

brandon
10-07-2009, 06:14 AM
Strong argument

sluggo
10-07-2009, 06:38 AM
"Stephen Baldwin is a moron. And you can quote me."

-- sluggo

BillyDkid
10-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Did you see that Vince Vaughn had Ron Paul at the premier of his new movie??? I'm thinking one Vince Vaughn equals about 27 Stephen Baldwins.

Anti Federalist
10-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Did you see that Vince Vaughn had Ron Paul at the premier of his new movie??? I'm thinking one Vince Vaughn equals about 27 Stephen Baldwins.

That^^

ctiger2
10-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Stephen Baldwin = Paris Hilton

Truth-Bringer
10-07-2009, 08:05 AM
"Mike Huckabee is a knight in shining armor,"

Mike Suckabee raised more taxes in Arkansas than Bill Clinton. That's a fact. He would be a big spending Neocon just like Bush. The man is a total fraud.

Elwar
10-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Huckabee is a knight in shining armor that will come to America wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.

Truth-Bringer
10-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Huckabee is a knight in shining armor that will come to America wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.

Good point. He's another "feel good" Republican that the evangelicals will be fooled into believing is righteous, but who, if elected, would place future generations in greater debt, continue to erode the value of the dollar via the printing press, and continue the "war on terror" for another 8 years.

LibertyEagle
10-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Another Man From Hope
Who is Mike Huckabee?

Friday, October 26, 2007 12:01 A.M. EDT

Republicans have won five of the last seven presidential elections by running candidates who broadly fit the Ronald Reagan model--fiscally conservative, and firmly but not harshly conservative on social issues. The wide-open race for the 2008 GOP nomination has generated two new approaches.

Rudy Giuliani, for example, isn't running away from his socially liberal views, although he has modified them. But he is campaigning as a staunch, even acerbic economic conservative. Should he win the nomination, conventional wisdom has it he may balance the ticket by picking former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as a running mate.

Mr. Huckabee, on the other hand, is running hard right on social issues but liberal-populist on some economic issues. This may help explain why the affable, golden-tongued Baptist minister was the clear favorite at the pro-life Family Research Council's national forum last Saturday. And why Mr. Huckabee's praises have been sung by liberal columnists such as Gail Collins of the New York Times and Jonathan Alter of Newsweek.

Mr. Huckabee attributes his support to the fact he is a "hardworking, consistent conservative with some authenticity about those convictions." He is certainly qualified for national office, having served nearly 11 years as a chief executive. I have known and liked him for years; on the stump he often tells the story of how we first met outside his boarded-up office in the state Capitol, which had been sealed by Arkansas Democrats who refused to accept he had won an upset election for lieutenant governor in 1993. But I also know he is not the "consistent conservative" he now claims to be.

Nor am I alone. Betsy Hagan, Arkansas director of the conservative Eagle Forum and a key backer of his early runs for office, was once "his No. 1 fan." She was bitterly disappointed with his record. "He was pro-life and pro-gun, but otherwise a liberal," she says. "Just like Bill Clinton he will charm you, but don't be surprised if he takes a completely different turn in office."

Phyllis Schlafly, president of the national Eagle Forum, is even more blunt. "He destroyed the conservative movement in Arkansas, and left the Republican Party a shambles," she says. "Yet some of the same evangelicals who sold us on George W. Bush as a 'compassionate conservative' are now trying to sell us on Mike Huckabee."

The business community in Arkansas is split. Some praise Mr. Huckabee's efforts to raise taxes to repair roads and work with an overwhelmingly Democratic legislature. Free-market advocates are skeptical. "He has zero intellectual underpinnings in the conservative movement," says Blant Hurt, a former part owner of, and columnist for, Arkansas Business magazine. "He's hostile to free trade, hiked sales and grocery taxes, backed sales taxes on Internet purchases, and presided over state spending going up more than twice the inflation rate."

Mr. Huckabee told me yesterday he also cut some taxes, and has taken the Americans for Tax Reform no-tax pledge. Former GOP state Rep. Randy Minton is not impressed. In 1999, he was urged by the governor to back a gas-tax increase. "I'd taken a pledge against higher taxes, but he sniffed that my constituents didn't understand what we have to do in state government to make it work," Mr. Minton says. "His support for taxes split the Republican Party, and damaged our name brand." The Club for Growth notes that only a handful of the 33 current GOP state legislators back their former governor.

Governors who served with him praise Mr. Huckabee for his ability to work with others, but say he was clearly a moderate. "He fought my efforts to reform the National Governors Association and always took fiscal positions to my left," former Colorado Gov. Bill Owens, a supporter of Mitt Romney, told me.

Rick Scarborough, a pastor who heads Vision America, attended seminary with Mr. Huckabee and is a strong backer. But, he acknowledges, "Mike has always sought the validation of elites." When conservatives took over the Southern Baptist Convention after a bitter fight in the 1980s, Mr. Huckabee sided with the ruling moderates. Paul Pressler, a former Texas judge who led the conservative Southern Baptist revolt, told me, "I know of no conservative he appointed while he headed the Arkansas Baptist Convention."

For the rest:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110010782

AdamT
10-07-2009, 08:40 AM
LOL how ridiculous.

MRoCkEd
10-07-2009, 08:50 AM
He's still sore from when Dr. Paul ripped him a new one on Larry King.

angelatc
10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Stephen Baldwin is a closet homosexual or a pedophile, born agains always are. They feel guilty about something and become uber-religious to make themselves feel better. Either that or or a near death experience. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on making the stupidest post of the day.

catdd
10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
"But some of the most vociferous Tea Party protesters are on a different team."

This must be part II of the Great Republican Tea Party Heist - first they claim it is theirs then they try to eliminate us.

lester1/2jr
10-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Wow first Alan Keyes, now Stephen Baldwin. how is Ron Paul going to weather this storm?

who's next, Screech?

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Wow first Alan Keyes, now Stephen Baldwin. how is Ron Paul going to weather this storm?

who's next, Screech?

This a serious question? He's been in DC for 30+ years. I think he's been weathering the storm just fine. :D

ARealConservative
10-07-2009, 10:08 AM
This a serious question? He's been in DC for 30+ years. I think he's been weathering the storm just fine. :D

I'm pretty sure this was a rhetorical question, and not serious at all.

RCA
10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Admin, please bring back the "Bad Media Reporting" section. I'm sick of reading these headlines.

nobody's_hero
10-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I don't know how many more knights in shining armor our nation can suffer.

ClayTrainor
10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Who gives a shit? Why did CNN even set up Ron Paul to debate this guy? Seriously, a shitty, low-level actor who is only famous because of his brother, who is a far better actor.

Of course he's going to insult Ron Paul and call him "nuts". If you watch that CNN debate, it's quite clear that his best arguments got trampled all over, and he basically sat and listened because he had nothing else to say. He's insecure about his own knowledge, and he must inflate his ego by insulting ron paul.

awake
10-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Stephen who? Wait a minute, wasn't he in ...oh whats the name of it.... Oh yea, NOTHING.

ClayTrainor
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
stephen who? Wait a minute, wasn't he in ...whats the name of it.... Oh yea, nothing.

exactly!

emazur
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Stephen Baldwin sucks nuts. And you can quote me.

ClayTrainor
10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Stephen Baldwin sucks nuts. And you can quote me.

done! :)

catdd
10-07-2009, 10:52 AM
A guy like that is afraid of freedom and liberty because they don't trust themselves to be free. They need rules and laws to keep them in line so that they can't corrupt themselves.
And reformed substance abusers do tend to be the worst of the worst.

Natalie
10-07-2009, 10:58 AM
He's still sore from when Dr. Paul ripped him a new one on Larry King.

Exactly. :D

ClayTrainor
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
A guy like that is afraid of freedom and liberty because they don't trust themselves to be free. They need rules and laws to keep them in line so that they can't corrupt themselves.
And reformed substance abusers do tend to be the worst of the worst.

So much truth to this. The funny thing about reformed substance abusers, is that there are substances that can actually teach them that they do not need to abuse substances to be peaceful, happy and respectful of others. However, since 1 or 2 substances fucked them over, and they have an addictive personality, they conflate everything labeled as drugs into the same category. Then they pay some Rehab business to "cure" them, until their next relapse, as they enter the vicious cycle.

It's pathetic.

Theocrat
10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1666872.html

YouTube - Ron Paul debates Stephen Baldwin on Legalizing Marijuana on CNN Larry King 03/13/2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufekh_SwZd0)

What Stephen Baldwin has expressed above is the average sentiment amongst Republicans about Congressman Paul. They don't want libertarian ideals to take over the party. They are stuck in their own neocon mode of thinking. Those who are prominent within the GOP have already dismissed Dr. Paul as a kook or an outsider to the party, even as Stephen Baldwin has mentioned himself. Their hope is not in constitutional government. They, like the Democrats, just crave power.

pacelli
10-07-2009, 11:28 AM
The establishment just wants to make sure that all the voters remember their propaganda surrounding Ron Paul during the campaign. This way, if he runs again, the mind control follows him. If he doesn't run again, they've set the bar for "crazy" positions. I.E., You're not one of those RON PAUL people, are you!?!?!

Son of Detroit
10-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Alec and Stephen Baldwin need to be sent to the moon.

Brian in Maryland
10-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Stephen Baldwin is a closet homosexual or a pedophile, born agains always are. They feel guilty about something and become uber-religious to make themselves feel better. Either that or or a near death experience. :rolleyes:

Not true. A true born again Christian would not be calling someone nuts. A true born again Christian would not be a war mongering neo-con. A true born again Christian would profess that our unalienable rights, as espoused in The Declaration of Independence, are endowed upon us by our creator.

haaaylee
10-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh, the least talented of the Baldwin's who stars in Lifetime movies has a political opinion with no clear argument? Surprise, Surprise.

haaaylee
10-07-2009, 01:11 PM
and, also, why the fuck was Stephen Baldwin speaking at a Tea Party?

akforme
10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
What does that make you?
A fucking Sociopath?
Fuck off!
A perfectly fine conversation and some asshole has to go and wreck it with a statement like that.
Reminds me why I quit coming here again and again.
I think I'll get a tattoo so I don't forget again you atheist piece of shit.

And your an open hearted loving christian right?

I can feel it in the way you talk to others...

Dieseler
10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
And your an open hearted loving christian right?

I can feel it in the way you talk to others...

Yeah, I'm a sinner to.
Admittedly, with feelings of my own.
Not Holier than thou at all like the ass throwing the first stone.
And I do throw back.
Ron Paul is a Christian also by the way.

anaconda
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Well Vince Vaugn crushes S. Baldwin as a professional actor. So the smart Hollywood money is on RP.

Freedom 4 all
10-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't say born again Christians are gay but I WOULD say that someone who would describe Huckabee as a "knight in shining armor" probably does his jousting in the closet.

Pauliana
10-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Who gives a shit? Why did CNN even set up Ron Paul to debate this guy? Seriously, a shitty, low-level actor who is only famous because of his brother, who is a far better actor.

Of course he's going to insult Ron Paul and call him "nuts". If you watch that CNN debate, it's quite clear that his best arguments got trampled all over, and he basically sat and listened because he had nothing else to say. He's insecure about his own knowledge, and he must inflate his ego by insulting ron paul.

Who can you find these days to argue FOR the drug war? He was probably the best they could come up with. :rolleyes:

Pauliana
10-07-2009, 02:52 PM
And yup. We have Vince Vaughn. FTW!

KenInMontiMN
10-07-2009, 03:19 PM
TeaPartiers: if you're looking for a real Baldwin, the first name is Chuck, or his son Timothy. Lose these Hollywood imitators.

coyote_sprit
10-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I think a man who is millions in debt and has a Hannah Montana tattoo should keep his opinions out of politics.

SimpleName
10-07-2009, 07:03 PM

Which of course the media nailed Paul for saying despite the fact that he didn't see Huck's ad. Good memories though.

Baldwin needs to go back to abusing drugs and alcohol. :p He might've supported Paul. Then again, he was probably an a-hole looking for handouts. Oh well. Point is, why does anybody care what he thinks?

Plus, Alec is far superior. Great actor. Scummy father, but great actor.

Bruno
10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I think a man who is millions in debt and has a Hannah Montana tattoo should keep his opinions out of politics.

he has a HM tattoo?

Imperial
10-07-2009, 07:31 PM
"Stephen Baldwin is nuts. And you can quote me."

LibertyEagle
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Religious comments from this thread have been moved to the Religion subforum, here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=213725

Please keep the religious discussions in the Religion subforum.

Thanks.

james1906
10-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I think RP has a better chance of being invited as a guest on 30 Rock than Stephen Baldwin.

jkr
10-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Stephen,
Christians are not permitted to call people "fool or anything else"-and you can quote GOD on that.
right steve?

coyote_sprit
10-07-2009, 08:36 PM
he has a HM tattoo?

http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/11/stephen-baldwin-the-gospel-according-to-miley/

coyote_sprit
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Let's look at some dashing reviews for Baldwin's made for TV movies...

I had to stay up with my young son last night and thought Dark Storm looked vaguely interesting compared to the other pap on offer.

No.

It was the aura of car crash TV that kept me watching. A fat Stephen Baldwin acting worse than my armchair does. My word, I've never seen anyone so bad in a film.

His scientist sidekick and the villain at least were professional and I could believe they were actors, but Mr. Baldwin gave the standout worst "acting performance" I have ever had the misfortune of sitting in front of. Whatever you do, do not waste an hour or two of your precious life on this utter shower of *&^%. Spend the time more fruitfully in staring at a blank wall, or cutting your toenails. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758740/usercomments)

Someone at the Sci-Fi Channel must have thought making a movie about a giant, five-headed snake in the Amazon would make for a nifty monster movie. It probably could have if it hadn't been for the fact that the giant, five-headed snake is so huge that we generally only see one, two, or three heads on the screen at any given time. That is until the climax of the movie when all five are finally shown, albeit briefly, and even then you never really get a full body view of the creature to figure out how everything is interconnected. The movie establishes that the snake has a tail so they can't use the excuse of it having heads at both ends. I want to know where the hell the fourth and fifth heads disappeared to for the first three quarters of the movie. Were they on a smoke break? Were they given conscientious objector status for refusing to take part in the killing if innocent people? Were they off auditioning for a role in Python 3?

Oh, but wait, there are still more problems with the giant, five-headed snake. Despite the fact that it appears to be big enough to give Godzilla a heck of a fight, this colossal, multi-headed snake is still able to hide undetected in the jungle brush until it's too late. The noise it makes when slithering through the jungle is minimal and keep in mind we are talking about an enormous monster with five-heads, each at least the size of an automobile. If it wasn't constantly roaring (This snake doesn't hiss. It roars.), then it would barely generate any noise at all. People are constantly running away before coming to a stop and looking up just in time for one of the heads to lurch down and nab them. Despite being gigantic it still consistently managed to not only move around unseen, it actually sneaks up on people.

And if that wasn't enough, there are some serious continuity issues regarding the giant, five-headed snakes' size. It appears to suffer from Deep Star Six syndrome, and by that I mean its size changes depending on what is required of it in the scene. This is highlighted in the climax set inside its lair where it seems to shrink and enlarge at random. Each head is the size of an automobile and its cave entrance only appears big enough to fit one head and neck at a time so we don't even get an explanation as to how the thing even manages to get inside this cave chamber to begin with. Heck, at one point, this gargantuan serpent even manages to hide underwater in a small river just waiting to spring out and surprise someone. Good grief!

These are just the problems with the monster. And don't argue suspension of disbelief because there is a huge difference between suspension of disbelief and insulting one's intelligence. Worst of all, the CGI used to bring the giant, five-headed snake is some of the least convincing I've ever seen in a Sci-Fi Channel movie, and believe me, that is really saying something.

The fact that the monster turned out to be such a conceptual catastrophe is kind of a good thing because I'd hate to see a potentially cool movie monster wasted on a production as lame, formulaic, and downright dull as this stinker was. A complete waste of time and energy. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454953/usercomments)

If you want the rest of this great actor's great filmography go here (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000286/)...

The only good thing he was ever in that comes to mind was the Usual Suspects and a bit of irony for you is that he starred in Half Baked...

ClayTrainor
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/11/stephen-baldwin-the-gospel-according-to-miley/

LOL!

He asked to be on her show. HE ASKED! What a great actor he must be.

When they arrived, we're told Stephen showed off his "HM" tat and asked if he could cameo on her show, at which point Miley (reluctantly?) agreed.

BlackTerrel
10-07-2009, 10:16 PM

Vince Vaughn is actually famous. Stephen Baldwin has a famous brother.

BlackTerrel
10-07-2009, 10:19 PM
YouTube - Bio Dome Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxWbinhcNa8)

rawful
10-07-2009, 10:58 PM

who's next, Screech?

KITT from Knight Rider hates his foreign policy.