PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul : Stop Dreaming - 500,000+ views

Bryan
09-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Amazing. Congrats to Aravoth!

This is my favorite Ron Paul video, with half a million views and counting one has to wonder its impact on the campaign and world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

rinkuhero
09-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't want to be discouraging, but unfortunately although RP has the most videos no one video of his has much more than half a million views, whereas a few videos for the other candidates have several million views (like the Hillary-as-Big-Brother video and the Obama Girl video). I'd like to see a Ron Paul video top a million views.

Ibgamer
09-30-2007, 10:51 PM
That was great!

AstroSamurai
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
I really like that one too and "When in the course of human events..." even though it's not quite as informative.

richard1984
09-30-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't want to be discouraging, but unfortunately although RP has the most videos no one video of his has much more than half a million views, whereas a few videos for the other candidates have several million views (like the Hillary-as-Big-Brother video and the Obama Girl video). I'd like to see a Ron Paul video top a million views.

You're no fun. :rolleyes:

And besides, we're not competing against the Democrats yet. That's after Ron Paul gets the nomination. We're competing against the other Republicans in the primaries. So we're winning. :cool:

Bryan
09-30-2007, 10:58 PM
I would humbly state however that there is a big difference between Stop Dream and these others in that those others offer no real political substance. Stop Dreaming lays out some of the best of Dr. Paul over the last decade (with the quotes, etc). Those other video are popular for being good videos not for really doing anything to promote a candidates position, not like Stop Dreaming.

Still, I'd love to see some million view Ron Paul videos too.

aravoth
09-30-2007, 11:00 PM

We'll get there. All of the other canidate video's are built around mindless entertainment. Some hot chick flaunting herself about her crush has nothing to do with american politics. It may garner votes for sure, but we arn't fighting the democrats yet. The nice thing about it though... Look at the highest rated, news and politics of all time. It is full of RP videos. No other canidates are even on the top page. We're making great progress. But we are also changing the way people think, and that always takes time.

Thanks for the sentiment Bryan. I never thought for one second that it would go as far as it has. To me it's a milestone, 500k on a video that is all about taxes, and foreign policy. Those subjects are so boring to most americans, frankly I'm amazed it got passed 10k, let alone 500k.

AstroSamurai
09-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, and of course Obama Girl was even played on CNN :rolleyes:

Hope
09-30-2007, 11:03 PM
We need to get the Strippers for Ron Paul to make a video.

Bryan
09-30-2007, 11:06 PM
500k on a video that is all about taxes, and foreign policy. Those subjects are so boring to most americans,
:D LOL! Freaking that is so true. Looks like we gave rinkuhero two different versions of the same message at about the same time. :)

You're welcome BTW. Well deserved- and it is a milestone, one worth celebrating here on RonPaulForums.com :)

inibo
09-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Amazing. Congrats to Aravoth!

This is my favorite Ron Paul video, with half a million views and counting one has to wonder its impact on the campaign and world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

Well, it won over another person this evening in time to get $100 more in for Q3. I was visiting a woman whom I date from time to time. I had sent her some links a month or so ago and told her why I'm supporting Ron Paul. Back then she told me she liked him, but the word Republican scarred her and she looking at Edwards and Obama. She is currently registered as a Democrat. Tonight, when I pointed out neither was unwilling to commit to having all US troops out of Iraq by 2013, she sort of sighed and said "I know, and the more I listen to them the more I realize they are not talking about any issues that really matter." We talked for a while longer about the Constitution, the idea of the rule of law, taxes and the Federal Reserve. Eventually we were on you tube watching "Stop Dreaming." Around 10:30 PM she was at https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate with her credit card. I reminded her that November 19th was the deadline to change her registration to vote for him in the Maryland Republican primary. She asked me to e-mail her the form. It's on it's way.

aravoth
09-30-2007, 11:19 PM
By the way, I'm currently working on a video along the same lines as stop dreaming, but more drected towards the Fed, and econ in general. Before it goes live on Youtube, I was hoping to get a few people here that have a good understanding of economics to review it before the masses see it.

I don't expect it to be popular, but as with all the other video's I've done, They are meant to be short video essay's. so that grassroots people can show them to potential converts randomly. Still working on highdef versions of the other video's I've made, but I'm still missing a few high quality interviews. One of the guys in my oregon meet-up group hookedme up with a ton of high quality Ron Paul video, so I'll be working on that soon. There's a bar down the street that my buddy owns. We're going to run those during halftime on big game days.

aravoth
09-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, it won over another person this evening in time to get $100 more in for Q3. I was visiting a woman whom I date from time to time. I had sent her some links a month or so ago and told her why I'm supporting Ron Paul. Back then she told me she liked him, but the word Republican scarred her and she looking at Edwards and Obama. She is currently registered as a Democrat. Tonight, when I pointed out neither was unwilling to commit to having all US troops out of Iraq by 2013, she sort of sighed and said "I know, and the more I listen to them the more I realize they are not talking about any issues that really matter." We talked for a while longer about the Constitution, the idea of the rule of law, taxes and the Federal Reserve. Eventually we were on you tube watching "Stop Dreaming." Around 10:30 PM she was at https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate with her credit card. I reminded her that November 19th was the deadline to change her registration to vote for him in the Maryland Republican primary. She asked me to e-mail her the form. It's on it's way.

Out freakin standing.

Bryan
09-30-2007, 11:29 PM
By the way, I'm currently working on a video along the same lines as stop dreaming, but more drected towards the Fed, and econ in general. Before it goes live on Youtube, I was hoping to get a few people here that have a good understanding of economics to review it before the masses see it.
Be sure to get it to Bradley in DC, he is a master. G-khan runs http://goldismoney.info. I wouldn't turn my nose away to an invite either, some in my meet-up call on me for Fed info. :) There are more here too...

richard1984
09-30-2007, 11:31 PM

I don't expect it to be popular, but as with all the other video's I've done, They are meant to be short video essay's. so that grassroots people can show them to potential converts randomly. Still working on highdef versions of the other video's I've made, but I'm still missing a few high quality interviews. One of the guys in my oregon meet-up group hookedme up with a ton of high quality Ron Paul video, so I'll be working on that soon. There's a bar down the street that my buddy owns. We're going to run those during halftime on big game days.

I can't wait!!!! :D :D

I have a quick question that I've been wondering a while: what sort of software do you use to make your videos (or can one use)? I'm interested in making a Ron Paul video to Damian Marley's "We're Gonna Make It" (it's a very uplifting, encouraging song--fitting for the occasion), but this would be my first time, so I guess I need something pretty simple/basic. Anyway, any sort of recommendation would be appreciated.

syborius
09-30-2007, 11:37 PM

I think econ/war need to be focused on the most. That is what will win over more people, especially war mongers who have no idea what this is doing to the dollar.

I would love to see an advanced copy of anything you put out. I think you're videos are excellent.:) :D

Shatterhand
09-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Congratulations and thank you, aravoth. I'm always amazed with the creativity of the Ron Paul supporters. I can only imagine all the creative ideas that will be flowing in the next couple of months.

:)

Pistis
10-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Hey aravoth, check out this thread for some talking points on the economic aspect:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21210

lisajames96
10-01-2007, 07:19 AM
This is one of my favorites(along with the RP@ google vid). I am going to show it to my mom tonight.