PDA

View Full Version : Do Vaccines Cause Autism? Correlation vs. Causation

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
YouTube - (1/2) Do Vaccines Cause Autism? Correlation vs. Causation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW1IEqKuf6s)
YouTube - (2/2) Do Vaccines Cause Autism? Correlation vs. Causation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tl3tUQng9Q)

squarepusher
10-06-2009, 07:32 PM
mercury is safe and healthy.

vaccines are good for you.

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
mercury is safe and healthy.

vaccines are good for you.

There is no elemental mercury in vaccines.

squarepusher
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM

of course not, mercury is healthy. the 1100% rise in autism rate in the past 10 years is genetic.

dannno
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
"Those who advocate ending vaccination programs..."

I stopped the video after hearing this statement.

What does he mean by "program" and what does he mean by "end"?

Is he implying that there are groups advocating ending vaccinations altogether? I don't know of any.

This is propaganda designed to scare people into thinking that we have to support vaccines otherwise we will lose them, because apparently there are groups out there who want to ban vaccines.

The free market will always provide vaccines as long as their is a demand.

I don't choose to partake in anymore vaccines from the current medical establishment, but that doesn't mean that I would never consider getting one, if, say, they were to make a vaccine that I felt was safe and effective... However, by forcing people to get vaccinated (for schooling, leaving the country, etc..), there is no incentive in the market to make people feel that they are BOTH safe and effective beyond telling them in the media. If they had the market to answer to, there would be a lot more interest in the subject as people would then be able to decide which vaccines were worth spending their money on.

dannno
10-06-2009, 07:50 PM

H1N1

Not in the nasal version, though, that one contains live virus.

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM

Is he implying that there are groups advocating ending vaccinations altogether? I don't know of any.

This is propaganda designed to scare people into thinking that we have to support vaccines otherwise we will lose them, because apparently there are groups out there who want to ban vaccines.

I don't choose to partake in anymore vaccines from the current medical establishment, but that doesn't mean that I would never consider getting one, if, say, they were to make a vaccine that I felt was safe and effective... However, by forcing people to get vaccinated (for schooling, leaving the country, etc..), there is no incentive in the market to make people feel that they are BOTH safe and effective beyond telling them in the media. If they had the market to answer to, there would be a lot more interest in the subject as people would then be able to decide which vaccines were worth spending their money on.

By spreading nonsense that vaccines cause autism and no one should take them you are playing into the hands of those who want mandatory vaccination.

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
of course not, mercury is healthy. the 1100% rise in autism rate in the past 10 years is genetic.

Again provide evidence that there is elemental mercury in vaccinations.

dannno
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM

Thimerosal-free vaccines have been slowly becoming the norm, but it is still often difficult for most parents to find reliable current data on what vaccines still contain thimerosal (which contains ethylmercury). Updated January 28, 2008, a Table Showing Which Vaccines Contain Thimerosal (Thimerosal Content in Some U.S. Licensed Vaccines), still notes (in fine print), that a number of these products "...should be considered considered equivalent to thimerosal-free products. This vaccine may [ still ] contain trace amounts (<0.3 mcg) of mercury left after post-production thimerosal removal" — and goes on to assert that "these amounts have no biological effect" [according to JAMA 1999;282(18) and JAMA 2000;283(16)].

:confused:

cradle2graveconservative
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Edit

Epic
10-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't think some people understand that when people say correlation doesn't equal causation, that doesn't mean that it necessarily disproves causation.

It's pretty clear by now that vaccines serve as triggers in many instances.

Epic
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
3) In regards to your statement specfically "Data did not support an association
between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism in Denmark and Sweden where exposure to thimerosal was eliminated in 1992 and where autism rates continued to increase” (Stehr-Green et al., 2003, p. 106).

I don't think that thimerosal is necessarily the culprit, but that test data was so manufactured: http://putchildrenfirst.org/chapter5.html

dannno
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
1) Thimersol (the organomercury compound used as a preservative in many vaccines) is no longer used in recommended vaccines for children under 6 as of 2001 except for certain influenza vaccines. All shots are available thimersol-free upon request.

2) Several papers have been published finding no link between thimersol and any neurological disorder.

3) In regards to your statement specfically "Data did not support an association
between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism in Denmark and Sweden where exposure to thimerosal was eliminated in 1992 and where autism rates continued to increase” (Stehr-Green et al., 2003, p. 106).

4) Thimersol has been shown to be metabolized (into ethylmercury and thiosalicylate) and disposed of in through the body's normal functions without side effect.

So do you believe government statistics on inflation and unemployment?

awake
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
The typical childhood vaccination schedule has increased from 6 before the age of 6 in 1970's; to 36 before the age of 6 today. The US and Canada lead the world in numerical terms. All of this has come to be under heavy government influence and borderline coercive methods. These same methods are being used to force the H1N1 vaccine.

There are adverse reactions and damage happening, but like every entity that has government protection, it feels not the consequences of its actions. If vaccines were distributed at Walmart on an annual basis how many would actually purchase it?...likely not many, and so it fails the market test. This is why they (Big Pharma) rely on government force and the medical establishment to push the stuff - government is the force, medical doctors the credibility...the good can never be seen or proven by empirical methods. Not one person can be presented as a bonified case where the flu shot prevented the flu and or saved his or her life as a result - not one! Instead there are government funded studies that back the government and pharmaceutical companies position and general statements like "hundreds are saved every year'.

And the final point is this: I am a firm believer that flu vaccination leads to the reverse of what is intended; lowering the immune system in a critical period and helping spread the real virus. Ultimately culminating in a weakened immune system robbed of its natural and capable means of bodily protection. Repeated and over-vaccination can not be discounted, especially from a environmental standpoint.

Alawn
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
It definitely drastically increases the likelihood of autism when given to small children.

cradle2graveconservative
10-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Edit

Working Poor
10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I guess who ever made that video works for big pharma nice hypnotic quality to the voice of the commentator...

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't think some people understand that when people say correlation doesn't equal causation, that doesn't mean that it necessarily disproves causation.

It's pretty clear by now that vaccines serve as triggers in many instances.

If you want to show that the causation exists you need to form a hypothesis on the mechanism and then make predictions based on that hypothesis. The truth is that there is not even a correlation between autism and thimerosal. Thimerosal has been pulled from the routine vaccination schedule for years yet there is no change in the number of added cases of autism each year. Which means that thimerosal causing autism is a failed hypothesis.

Epic
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
If you want to show that the causation exists you need to form a hypothesis on the mechanism and then make predictions based on that hypothesis. The truth is that there is not even a correlation between autism and thimerosal. Thimerosal has been pulled from the routine vaccination schedule for years yet there is no change in the number of added cases of autism each year. Which means that thimerosal causing autism is a failed hypothesis.

I said above that I didn't think thimerosal is a big deal, so you are agreeing with me.

I don't think that thimerosal is necessarily the culprit

It's more just the vaccine itself. They are designed to provoke immune systems. Double-edged sword.

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
:confused:

Thimerosal is not equal to mercury. Learn the difference between a compound and an element and why the properties can be vastly different when elements are in compounds. This is very basic chemistry. Claiming that the vaccines have "mercury" in them is a false claim because the term refers to elemental mercury.

Dojo
10-06-2009, 08:29 PM
He needs to explain this push to vaccinate PREGNANT women, knowing that mercury crosses the placenta and Fetuses can't possibly metabolize and eliminate it. Where are the studies concluding that ANY vaccine is safe for the unborn, vaccines have always been contraindicated in pregnant women, this is going to be a castastrophy.

Stating Vaccinations causes declines in diseases is actually Correlation vs. Causation

awake
10-06-2009, 08:31 PM
There is a HUGE difference between government-determined and government-funded.

I wasn't able to find a funding source in the paper I'm citing from, but there's a chance it was indeed a Federal grant. I too, am payed on a Federal research grant. That doesn't mean the government tells me what I should and should not do, or should and should not report.

It may not affect your judgments and study, but think of it this way; Your customer is the Government, if you are constantly finding unusable outcomes then funding is placed at jeopardy to those who find more valued research that builds the case for government purposes.

Global warming is about the best example: It is literally a gravy train of funding to find and prove the governments case for intervention. Albeit not everyone sings for their supper, but most do know the hand that feeds them.

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 08:36 PM
It may not affect your judgments and study, but think of it this way; Your customer is the Government, if you are constantly finding unusable outcomes then funding is placed at jeopardy to those who find more valued research that builds the case for government purposes.

Global warming is about the best example: It is literally a gravy train of funding to find and prove the governments case for intervention. Albeit not everyone sings for their supper, but most do know the hand that feeds them.

Your customer is a tobacco company. They don't want to show that tobacco is a dangerous substance. The same thing applies. The problem with falsifying research data is that in order for ANYTHING to be accepted in the scientific community it has to be independently verified. If anything, proving a fellow scientist's research wrong is a healthy accepted norm in the community.

dannno
10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
There is a HUGE difference between government-determined and government-funded.

I wasn't able to find a funding source in the paper I'm citing from, but there's a chance it was indeed a Federal grant. I too, am payed on a Federal research grant. That doesn't mean the government tells me what I should and should not do, or should and should not report.

That's because you aren't doing any controversial research (specifically, research that they find 'controversial').

EndDaFed
10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
That's because you aren't doing any controversial research (specifically, research that they find controversial).

Yes, because scientists and governments the world over are all in on this huge conspiracy to deny autism vaccine correlation, because that is what it would take to control the outcome. ;):D Who is they?

specsaregood
10-06-2009, 10:30 PM

Speaking of propaganda, I watched season 10 of Law and Order SVU on netflix the other day and was disgusted by an episode titled: "Selfish" where they put a mother on trial for murder because she didn't get her kid vaccinated, the child got the measles and infected another child at a park. That other child died from it.....so they put the 1st mother on trial.......pure propaganda. Lesson: don't get your kid vaccinated and if gets sick and infects another child you will go to jail!

dannno
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes, because scientists and governments the world over are all in on this huge conspiracy to deny autism vaccine correlation, because that is what it would take to control the outcome. ;):D Who is they?

No, see, that's not what inferred by that statement at all.

What was inferred was that any scientist who performs 'controversial' research is effectively assassinated or outcast from the industry by the governing bodies such as the CDC and AMA.

Any scientist who performs work to the contrary is rewarded with federal funds.

Many scientists who perform work that is irrelevent to controversial issues are funded as well. It's really that simple, all the elite have to do is take over those organizations.. Once they have control they can appoint their own people and control the entire industry. But if you do just a little bit of research, you'll find out that they started many of those types of organizations.

Sandman33
10-07-2009, 12:19 AM

BINGO! In comes Danno with common sense and the ability to see through propaganda bullshit.

Baptist
10-07-2009, 01:12 AM
1) Thimersol (the organomercury compound used as a preservative in many vaccines) is no longer used in recommended vaccines for children under 6 as of 2001 except for certain influenza vaccines. All shots are available thimersol-free upon request.

2) Several papers have been published finding no link between thimersol and any neurological disorder.

4) Thimersol has been shown to be metabolized (into ethylmercury and thiosalicylate) and disposed of in through the body's normal functions without side effect.

Edit- I will agree with Dannno that vaccinations should not be mandatory.

1.) According to mainstream news, they stopped manufacturing these vaccines with Thimerosal. However, they did not recall or pull them off the shelves, out of hospitals, and out of doctor offices.

2.) Thimerosal in vaccines is just one issue out of many. See my vaccination videos thread and watch the movie "Beyond Thimerosal" where he talks about aluminum.

3. & 4.) Again, Thimerosal or mercury is just one issue among many. What about these same pharmaceutical companies knowingly injecting people with HIV? What about them not telling us that there were 40+ viruses in the polio vaccines, including the potential cancer-causing SV40? What about the fact that last year live bird flu ended up in Baxter's regular influenza vaccination product? What about the fact that some of us don't like injecting aborted humans inside of us? What about those of us who don't want to inject chicken eggs or monkey cells inside of us? What about the fact that government, the CDC, and the pharmaceutical companies are in bed too close to each other? What about GBS? What about the fact that pharmaceutical companies spend lots of advertising money to our "watchdog" media?

They claim that routine child vaccinations are not longer being MANUFACTURED with Thimerosal. According to mainstream news reports linked to in my "vaccination videos" thread, routine child vaccinations containing Thimerosal were never recalled or pulled off the shelves. So there is no way to tell how long it took to get rid of them (if they are even gone at all). So we won't be able to say that Thimerosal has no effect on autism rates for quite some time.

[edit] Even if vaccines do not contribute to autism, they are still bogus.

American Idol
10-07-2009, 09:08 AM

You realize that Big Pharma is by far the most powerful lobby in the United States?

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know what the statistics of autism are among children who never get vaccinated?

American Idol
10-07-2009, 09:35 AM
You realize that Big Pharma is by far the most powerful lobby in the United States?

...actually it's probably the most powerful lobby in the world...

awake
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know what the statistics of autism are among children who never get vaccinated?

There is no tracking done or money to fund it. Besides, it would 'send the wrong message' as they say. Research is expensive and the only people who can afford it are bureaucrats or government protected industries.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Just about everyone does get vaccinated (or has in the recent past). Which makes it so hard to prove anything related to vaccinations.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
On vaccinations: The invention and use of vaccinations is a modern miracle, and has saved countless lives and prevented a lot of misery. That being said, some brand new vaccination that some big (or little) pharma just whipped up has no guarantee at all of being safe. "Vaccination" does not equal "safe". There is no correlation... ;)

Krugerrand
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Just about everyone does get vaccinated (or has in the recent past). Which makes it so hard to prove anything related to vaccinations.

Add to that the number of vaccines. Even if just 2 or three of them are bad ... it would really hard to pinpoint that.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
On the cause of an increase in autism: My theory, based on some facts...Autism is a spectrum disorder. Many brilliant people are "functioning" autistics (otherwise known as nerds or absent minded professors). It is a recessive gene. Why an increase in "disabling" autism? America and many parts of the world have gone through a transition where men and women are now both participating (together) at college and the workplace. Within programs and careers that are populated by the "functioning" but intelligent autistics, we now have far more opportunity for two recessive people to get together, and procreate. Thus we have more dual recessive autistic parents, resulting in more disabled autistics.

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM

My grandson has never been vaccinated. Granted he's only 2 years old, but I know for a fact there is a growing number of children who aren't being vaccinated in the home-school communities.

I would really like to know what the stats are.....I'm curious now.

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 11:09 AM
On the cause of an increase in autism: My theory, based on some facts...Autism is a spectrum disorder. Many brilliant people are "functioning" autistics (otherwise known as nerds or absent minded professors). It is a recessive gene. Why an increase in "disabling" autism? America and many parts of the world have gone through a transition where men and women are now both participating (together) at college and the workplace. Within programs and careers that are populated by the "functioning" but intelligent autistics, we now have far more opportunity for two recessive people to get together, and procreate. Thus we have more dual recessive autistic parents, resulting in more disabled autistics.

But to go from 1 in 2500 15 years ago to 1 in 100 doesn't add up.

ScoutsHonor
10-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Here's an interesting look at the stats for autism among the Amish.

[/URL][url]http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.com/2005/06/autism-rate-us-1166-amish-115000.html (http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.com/2005/06/autism-rate-us-1166-amish-115000.html)

tmosley
10-07-2009, 11:27 AM
ITT all our children die of whooping cough.

Excellent. My evil plan to stop vaccinations and subject the children of the United States to archaic diseases is proceeding apace.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also, other things than vaccines could cause autism, but there is only one way to get whooping cough (amongst other deadly diseases). It's a question of weighing risk. When people go nuts trying to protect from one risk that isn't necessarily that risky, they ignore other risks that are more deadly.

I certainly hope the people who don't get their children vaccinated let them swim in lakes, rivers, or other "swimming holes" that are non-chlorinated. They've got a good chance of getting polio, like my great aunt. She's lived her whole life in pain because of it.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 11:32 AM

[/URL][url]http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.com/2005/06/autism-rate-us-1166-amish-115000.html (http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.com/2005/06/autism-rate-us-1166-amish-115000.html)

Yep, interesting article. Not scientific though. No one can rule out vaccinations playing a role as cause or trigger. Nor can you rule out peanut butter.

From the genetic standpoint, if the Amish don't have the recessive trait, and isolate themselves, they will not have very much autism, if at all. How much sickle cell anemia is in the Amish community?

The Amish are prone to genetic disorders because of their isolated gene pool.

And the case of Autism in the Amish community was an adopted Chinese child?

The question arose because in Pennsylvania the Amish-Mennonite mother described what she said was a vaccine link to the cases. She suspects that her adopted daughter, who received immunizations both in China and again after arriving in the Unites States, became autistic because of the shots.

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Good info, but kind of vague. Some good links in the comment section, like this one: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/38784.php which states that autism went down after mercury was removed. And this:

I want to know when they'll wake up and do a study on methanol mercury used as a preservative in seeds stored in warehouses even today. Methanol mercury is a highly lethal counterpart of ethanol mercury which was and still is used in vaccines. Methylmercury is an organic form of mercury that has been used to preserve seed grain. http://www.healthcentral.com/ency/408/001651.html

Why aren't they going after seed manufactures and demanding it's removal, especially when it's considered a lethal component. What affect does it have on our bodies and the bodies of our unborn. Could the levels of methylmercury along with the levels of ethylmercury in vaccines have contributed to the epidemic of neurological disorders in children and young adults today? Could the methylmercury in the seeds have contributed to all sorts of problems in humans today such as obesity, cancer, attention deficit, hyperactivity disorders, autism, stroke, heart attack, heart disease, liver functionality, kidney disease, diabetes, infertility, asthma, arthritis, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Also, other things than vaccines could cause autism, but there is only one way to get whooping cough ...

At the gym? :D :mad:

People don't realize that Whooping cough vaccination wears off by around 10 years old. It's almost epidemic among teenagers and adults in the US, yet no one talks about it. I caught it a few years ago, and it's miserable. If you were a baby or elderly person, I can see how it would kill you.

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 11:38 AM

Excellent. My evil plan to stop vaccinations and subject the children of the United States to archaic diseases is proceeding apace.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also, other things than vaccines could cause autism, but there is only one way to get whooping cough (amongst other deadly diseases). It's a question of weighing risk. When people go nuts trying to protect from one risk that isn't necessarily that risky, they ignore other risks that are more deadly.

I certainly hope the people who don't get their children vaccinated let them swim in lakes, rivers, or other "swimming holes" that are non-chlorinated. They've got a good chance of getting polio, like my great aunt. She's lived her whole life in pain because of it.

My daughters are waiting until their children are of school age before they get them innoculated. One daughter is pregnant with her first and the other daughter is pregnant with her second.

It also occurs to me that mercury is in food and can be passed through breast milk.

I've also read that the main reason mercury is so dangerous is because it attaches to testosterone and lingers in the body much longer.

moostraks
10-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Regarding Amish isolation being a genetic issue does not correlate to the extensive growth in numbers of a vast group of unrelated individuals in such a short duration. Furthermore the Amish are not an exclusive gene pool, as they do accept outsiders, just not extensively as in an open society.

The one factor that seems to be a substantial issue is that which big Pharma wishes us to ignore, autism is increasing along with their obscene amount of preventive shots with which they insist upon assaulting an immature system.

I won't sit through a p.r. piece for these guys right now, but more is not neccessarily better.

And for the previous poster who thinks that the research is unbiased, it is extremely naive of you to believe such. In order to get the right answer all you have to do is figure out how to ask the right question....Subsequent business is rewarded to those who play the game correctly.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Regarding Amish isolation being a genetic issue does not correlate to the extensive growth in numbers of a vast group of unrelated individuals in such a short duration.

If the isolated genetic pool of the Amish does not carry the trait, then they will not have it. That does not mean that it is not a common genetic trait throughout the rest of the world, and in many diverse groups ("unrelated" individuals). And the trend toward mixing of the sexes and concentrating certain types in particular fields has taken place recently in many (if not most) societies in the world.

Furthermore the Amish are not an exclusive gene pool, as they do accept outsiders, just not extensively as in an open society.

Like the adopted Chinese child in the story, who happened to be the only one with Autism...

The one factor that seems to be a substantial issue is that which big Pharma wishes us to ignore, ...
that the research is unbiased, it is extremely naive of you to believe such.

Yes, it is naive to believe without question anyone who is trying to sell you something.

tmosley
10-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Also, come to think of it, you can neutralize the deleterious effects of mercury by taking selenium supplements. The selenium complexes with mercury (and other heavy metal poisons) and forms an insoluble salt, which is washed out of your bloodstream with no toxic effects.

I would suggest yeast sourced selenium, as it is in its biologically active form, which will strengthen your immune system as well.

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Also, come to think of it, you can neutralize the deleterious effects of mercury by taking selenium supplements. The selenium complexes with mercury (and other heavy metal poisons) and forms an insoluble salt, which is washed out of your bloodstream with no toxic effects.

I would suggest yeast sourced selenium, as it is in its biologically active form, which will strengthen your immune system as well.

Interesting. One of the comments on that Amish blog was a complaint about candida and thinks IT may be the culprit. I've read that yeast can cause ADD symptoms in sensitive people. Your thoughts?

awake
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Do vaccines cause autism? Who can say for sure; the Federal Reserve causes inflation and war, thus death. And it is all justified by experts and misguided 'geo political science', there is an army of people who stand ready to defend the latter example based on what was taught to them in institutions of higher learning and so they never question that the system they hold so dear. That it may be the very source of our problems to begin with. Look at the economic disaster humans have created from bad ideas legitimized by experts and self serving intellectual cronyism; tell me that it could not happen with government meddling in health matters.Tell me that that the Legal drug deaths that outstrip illegal drug deaths is something we should just accept as a price for protecting the healthcare apparatus. The solution to Healthcare needs to involve placing it at the full mercy of a free market... Vaccines would need to be proven up or face the market and its brutal clearing mechanisms.

PatriotOne
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Infant Monkeys Given Standard Doses of Vaccines Develop Autism Symptoms

ATLANTA, GA -Findings released today showed that infant monkeys given vaccines officially recommended by the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) exhibited autism-like symptoms. Lead investigator Laura Hewitson of the University of Pittsburgh and colleagues presented study results at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) in London. Safety studies of medicines are typically conducted in monkeys prior to use in humans, yet such basic research on the current childhood vaccination regimen has never before been done.

The abstracts presented at IMFAR, the world's top autism science conference, describe biological changes and altered behavior in vaccinated macaques that are similar to those observed in children with autism. Unvaccinated animals showed no such adverse outcomes. The vaccines given were those recommended for U.S. infants in the 1990s, including several with the mercury preservative thimerosal and the Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine. Rates of autism spectrum disorder among children born in the 1990s surged dramatically, from about 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 150 children.

Rest here:

http://www.safeminds.org/news/2008/05-2008-1.html

PatriotOne
10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
"It’s The Vaccines Stupid!"

September 5, 2009

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=15074

Part I: Evidence Linking Autism Rise in Children to Vaccinations

by F. William Engdahl

Global Research, September 5, 2009

The WHO and US Government CDC are escalating a public psychological conditioning to create hysteria and panic among an uninformed public about an alleged “virus” H1N1 Influenza A, aka Swine Flu, whose alleged effects to date appear comparable with a common cold. Before people line up in the streets demanding their vaccinations for their children and themselves, it would be wise to remember, to paraphrase a 1992 campaign statement of Bill Clinton to George H.W. Bush: “It’s the vaccination, Stupid!”

By countless scientific accounts, far more dangerous to human health than any reported incidences of Swine Flu are the dangers of severe health issues including paralysis, brain damage and even death arising from what is added to vaccines by virtually every major vaccine maker. Almost without exception, all commercial vaccines today contain various substances known as adjuvants designed to make the vaccine “work.” These adjuvants are the source of horrendous and sometimes deadly damage.

It has been speculated for some time that there might be a link in the alarming rise in cases of autism among tiny infants and children and massive multiple vaccinations today given routinely to infants and children from the first hours of birth. There is clear and shocking evidence of the link between the two. If you do not have a strong constitution, you are advised not to read further.

A new study shows a direct link between standard childhood vaccination series, MMR, and autism-like symptoms in monkeys. The principal scientist involved in the study, Dr. Laura Hewitson of the University of Pittsburgh, presented the alarming conclusions as an abstract pending publication at the International Meeting for Autism Research. It has been presented at scientific conferences in both London and Seattle, USA.

The study compared vaccinated macaque monkeys with non-vaccinated macaques. No major flaws in the study have been revealed by any attending scientist. The vaccines included the popular MMR series. The study found a marked increase in “gastrointestinal tissue gene expression” and “inflammation issues” with those monkeys which received vaccinations. They are a common symptom of children with regressive autism.

The study also found marked behavior changes and development differences in those monkeys given the vaccines versus those who were not. "Compared with unexposed animals, significant neuro-developmental deficits were evident for exposed animals in survival reflexes, tests of color discrimination and reversal, and learning sets," the study`s authors reported. "Differences in behaviors were observed between exposed and unexposed animals and within the exposed group before and after MMR vaccination."

US Government-mandated research approved by Congress was to begin this year, but the funds were rescinded in early January. Claiming "conflict of interest" because of ongoing court cases, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a long-time supporter of infant vaccinations, withdrew the research plans.

The most shocking of all is the recent and now common medical practice, reinforced by an aggressive pharmaceutical industry, of giving multiple vaccines, often virtually within hours of birth, to infants despite the fact that no study including all of the vaccine series commonly given to children in the US and UK, about 30 in all, has been conducted until now. The practice of newborn multiple vaccinations has become widespread in Germany and other EU countries over the past decade. Significantly there have surfaced reports of dramatically increased instances of autism in newborn and infants in various German hospitals over the past decade, precisely the period multiple vaccinations of newborn and infants has become routine.

US Government coverup

Tragically, the US Government agency theoretically entrusted with guarding public health, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as with the case of health dangers of GMO foods, as well with the dramatic evidence of the link between autism and adjuvants used in typical vaccines, is accepting the argument of big and politically powerful Pharmaceutical companies.

The Food and Drug Administration considers vaccines safe but, just as with GMO, they have done no studies into the effects of multiple vaccinations as given in the common childhood series which started in the 1990s in the USA and spread to the UK and now across the EU.

According to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., son of the late Attorney General and an attorney active in campaigning to expose mercury (Thimerosal) and other toxicity dangers in vaccines, recently stated, “as autism is a behavioral affliction rather than a precisely defined biological injury -- epidemiological studies are critical to establishing its causation. But the greatest source of epidemiological data is the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) -- the government maintained medical records of hundreds of thousands of vaccinated children -- which Health and Human Services Department has gone to great lengths to keep out of the hands of plaintiffs' attorneys and independent scientists…The raw data collected in the VSD would undoubtedly provide the epidemiological evidence needed to understand the relationship between vaccines and autism. The absence of such studies makes it easy for judges to say to plaintiffs they have not met their burden of proving causation.”

Autism was virtually unknown in the United States until 1943 when it was diagnosed and identified eleven months after Thimerosal, a mercury-based vaccine “adjuvant” was first added to baby vaccines along with various aluminium compounds in the United States. Thimerosal is often used to stem fungi and bacterial growth in vaccines despite massive evidence of its severe effects as a potent neurotoxin. Following independent studies, Russia, Japan, Austria, Denmark, Sweden and Britain have banned Thimersol from childrens’ vaccines. Germany to date has no such ban. The toxin was developed in 1930 by Eli Lilly. Tragically in 1991, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary the US Government’s Center for Disease Control (CDC), the same agency fuelling the current hysteria over the non-proven H1N1 Swine Flu virus danger, recommended that infants be injected with a series of mercury-containing vaccines in some cases within 24 hours of birth for Hepatitis B and two months for diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis.

Before 1989 US pre-school children received eleven vaccinations—polio, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, measles-mumps-rubella (MMR). By 1999, because of the various CDC recommendations, the number of vaccinations was twenty two before first grade of school. Parallel with this explosive rise in vaccinations of the very young in the United States, according to Kennedy, the rate of autism among children. The state of Iowa reported a 700% increase in autism in children beginning in the 1990’s and along with California has banned mercury in vaccines. Despite evidence, however the US FDA continues to allow drug makers to include Thimerosal in numerous over-the-counter non-prescription medications as well as steroids and injected collagen. The US Government ships vaccines preserved with Thimerosal to numerous developing countries as well, where some are reporting sudden explosion of autism rates as well. In China, where autism was unknown before introduction of Thimerosal by US drug makers in 1999, press reports indicate there are almost two million autistic children.

Instances of autism in the US exploded as some 40 million children were injected during the 1990’s with Thimersol-based vaccines, giving them unprecedented accumulations of mercury poison. The level of ethylmercury in a vaccine routinely given then to children of two months age was 99 times greater than the US Government’s daily limit for exposure. As with the current WHO pandemic declaration around H1N1 Swine Flu, the CDC Vaccine Advisory Committee is filled with scientists with close ties to the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Sam Katz, chairman of the committee was a paid consultant to most companies producing the vaccines he “recommended.”

The aluminium danger remains

While vaccines available in the US today exist with no Thimerosal (50% mercury), virtually all vaccines still contain aluminum, which has been linked to impaired neurological development in children. Aluminum has not replaced thimerosal as a vaccine preservative; it has always been used in vaccines.

In the recent past, most US chioldren got exposed to both thimerosal and aluminum simultaneously with the hepatitis B, Hib, DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) and pneumococcal vaccines. Combining mercury with aluminum increases the likelihood that the mercury will damage human tissue.

According to a recent report by Michael Wagnitz, an American chemist, “Currently eight childhood vaccines that contain aluminum ranging from 125 to 850 micrograms (mcg). These vaccines are administered 17 times in the first 18 months of life, an almost six-fold increase compared to the vaccine schedule of the 1980s.”

Wagnitz adds, “According to the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, based on IV feeding solutions, a child should not exceed a maximum daily dose of 5 mcg of aluminum per kilogram of weight per day. That means if a child weighs 11 pounds, the child should not exceed 25 mcg in a day. This level was determined to be the maximum safety limit based on a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine titled "Aluminum Neurotoxicity in Preterm Infants Receiving Intravenous Feeding Solutions."

The hepatitis B vaccine, administered at birth, contains 250 mcg.

In a 1996 policy statement, "Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children," the American Academy of Pediatrics states, "Aluminum can cause neurological harm. People with kidney disease who build up bloodstream levels of aluminum greater than 100 mcg per liter are at risk of toxicity. The toxic threshold of aluminum in the bloodstream may be lower than 100 mcg per liter." What level of aluminium toxicity is contained in vaccines routinely given German, French and other children n the EU is not known. It might be time for a public demand for such information to be disclosed, and before governments launch mass vaccination campaigns for untested vaccines against a non-proven H1N1 Swine Flu threat.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.safeminds.org/news/2008/05-2008-1.html

Interesting. I would like to see the final results when they are published.

"The full implications of this primate study await publication of the research in a scientific journal," noted Theresa Wrangham, president of SafeMinds.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Increased awareness and new definitions of autism spectrum disorder will also result in an increase in diagnoses.

Is Autism Genetic?
We know for sure that autism runs in families. Siblings of autistic people are more likely to be autistic, and twins are extremely likely to share autistic traits. This means there is almost certainly a genetic component to autism.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that a single gene is reponsible, or that genetics is the only risk factor for autism. In fact, most researchers believe that a combination of several genetic differences, PLUS some form of environmental "insult," may lead to autism.

Many Autisms, Many Genes?
Even more confusing, many researchers believe that different autistic people can trace their autism to different causes. That's because, as a "spectrum disorder," autism can present with such very different symptoms.

Some people with autism have co-existing conditions such as epilepsy, mental illness (bi-polar disorder is fairly common among autistic people), gastrointestinal issues and sleep disorders. Others have no such conditions, but do present with sensory sensitivities. Yet others are hyperactive.

http://autism.about.com/od/causesofautism/a/genetics.htm

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Increased awareness and new definitions of autism spectrum disorder will also result in an increase in diagnoses.

You bring up a good point. In the 90s there was a frenzy over ADD and ADHD, with kids being over diagnosed and over medicated. Seems autism is the new ADD.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Genetics certainly have an effect:

Twin studies, however, have provided powerful evidence for the role of genetics in autism:

* One study showed that the likelihood that the identical twin of an autistic child also would be autistic was 82 percent, whereas the equivalent rate for fraternal twins was only 10 percent.
* With sophisticated statistical techniques and numerous twin studies, behavioral geneticists now believe that as much as 90 percent of the behavioral phenotype of autism is related to inherited genes.

http://www.actionbioscience.org/genomic/dougherty.html

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2009, 02:14 PM
You bring up a good point. In the 90s there was a frenzy over ADD and ADHD, with kids being over diagnosed and over medicated. Seems autism is the new ADD.

Ironically, ADD and ADHD may be the only symptoms of mild autistic spectrum disorder...those in particular are over-diagnosed and over-medicated for children, yet at the same time under-reported and under-treated for adults.

ScoutsHonor
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Good info, but kind of vague. Some good links in the comment section, like this one: [/URL]http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/38784.php (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/38784.php) which states that autism went down after mercury was removed. And this:

I was really surprised by the paucity of information on this subject. So I did a little digging and found this (which is certainly NOT skimpy;)), for any hardy souls that seek support re the toxicity (including autism) of early vaccination chemical "packages" for our infants (like MMR,+):

[url]http://www.healthymuslim.com/assets/docs/blaylock-truth-behind-vaccines.pdf (http://www.healthymuslim.com/assets/docs/blaylock-truth-behind-vaccines.pdf)

Be warned, though: it's a lengthy read. :rolleyes:

ScoutsHonor
10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Regarding Amish isolation being a genetic issue does not correlate to the extensive growth in numbers of a vast group of unrelated individuals in such a short duration. Furthermore the Amish are not an exclusive gene pool, as they do accept outsiders, just not extensively as in an open society.

The one factor that seems to be a substantial issue is that which big Pharma wishes us to ignore, autism is increasing along with their obscene amount of preventive shots with which they insist upon assaulting an immature system.

I won't sit through a p.r. piece for these guys right now, but more is not neccessarily better.

And for the previous poster who thinks that the research is unbiased, it is extremely naive of you to believe such. In order to get the right answer all you have to do is figure out how to ask the right question....Subsequent business is rewarded to those who play the game correctly.

This is what I am more and more convinced is the true cause of the autism, and related disorders. Common sense tells me that this barrage of toxic chemicals is far too much for a new-born baby to tolerate. If this is so, it's a situation crying for investigation. but it's unlikely Big Pharma would allow that to happen.

ScoutsHonor
10-07-2009, 05:08 PM
"It’s The Vaccines Stupid!"

September 5, 2009

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=15074 (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=15074)

Part I: Evidence Linking Autism Rise in Children to Vaccinations

by F. William Engdahl

Global Research, September 5, 2009

The WHO and US Government CDC are escalating a public psychological conditioning to create hysteria and panic among an uninformed public about an alleged “virus” H1N1 Influenza A, aka Swine Flu, whose alleged effects to date appear comparable with a common cold. Before people line up in the streets demanding their vaccinations for their children and themselves, it would be wise to remember, to paraphrase a 1992 campaign statement of Bill Clinton to George H.W. Bush: “It’s the vaccination, Stupid!”

By countless scientific accounts, far more dangerous to human health than any reported incidences of Swine Flu are the dangers of severe health issues including paralysis, brain damage and even death arising from what is added to vaccines by virtually every major vaccine maker. Almost without exception, all commercial vaccines today contain various substances known as adjuvants designed to make the vaccine “work.” These adjuvants are the source of horrendous and sometimes deadly damage.

It has been speculated for some time that there might be a link in the alarming rise in cases of autism among tiny infants and children and massive multiple vaccinations today given routinely to infants and children from the first hours of birth. There is clear and shocking evidence of the link between the two. If you do not have a strong constitution, you are advised not to read further.

A new study shows a direct link between standard childhood vaccination series, MMR, and autism-like symptoms in monkeys. The principal scientist involved in the study, Dr. Laura Hewitson of the University of Pittsburgh, presented the alarming conclusions as an abstract pending publication at the International Meeting for Autism Research. It has been presented at scientific conferences in both London and Seattle, USA.

The study compared vaccinated macaque monkeys with non-vaccinated macaques. No major flaws in the study have been revealed by any attending scientist. The vaccines included the popular MMR series. The study found a marked increase in “gastrointestinal tissue gene expression” and “inflammation issues” with those monkeys which received vaccinations. They are a common symptom of children with regressive autism.

The study also found marked behavior changes and development differences in those monkeys given the vaccines versus those who were not. "Compared with unexposed animals, significant neuro-developmental deficits were evident for exposed animals in survival reflexes, tests of color discrimination and reversal, and learning sets," the study`s authors reported. "Differences in behaviors were observed between exposed and unexposed animals and within the exposed group before and after MMR vaccination."

US Government-mandated research approved by Congress was to begin this year, but the funds were rescinded in early January. Claiming "conflict of interest" because of ongoing court cases, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a long-time supporter of infant vaccinations, withdrew the research plans.

The most shocking of all is the recent and now common medical practice, reinforced by an aggressive pharmaceutical industry, of giving multiple vaccines, often virtually within hours of birth, to infants despite the fact that no study including all of the vaccine series commonly given to children in the US and UK, about 30 in all, has been conducted until now. The practice of newborn multiple vaccinations has become widespread in Germany and other EU countries over the past decade. Significantly there have surfaced reports of dramatically increased instances of autism in newborn and infants in various German hospitals over the past decade, precisely the period multiple vaccinations of newborn and infants has become routine.

US Government coverup

Tragically, the US Government agency theoretically entrusted with guarding public health, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as with the case of health dangers of GMO foods, as well with the dramatic evidence of the link between autism and adjuvants used in typical vaccines, is accepting the argument of big and politically powerful Pharmaceutical companies.

The Food and Drug Administration considers vaccines safe but, just as with GMO, they have done no studies into the effects of multiple vaccinations as given in the common childhood series which started in the 1990s in the USA and spread to the UK and now across the EU.

According to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., son of the late Attorney General and an attorney active in campaigning to expose mercury (Thimerosal) and other toxicity dangers in vaccines, recently stated, “as autism is a behavioral affliction rather than a precisely defined biological injury -- epidemiological studies are critical to establishing its causation. But the greatest source of epidemiological data is the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) -- the government maintained medical records of hundreds of thousands of vaccinated children -- which Health and Human Services Department has gone to great lengths to keep out of the hands of plaintiffs' attorneys and independent scientists…The raw data collected in the VSD would undoubtedly provide the epidemiological evidence needed to understand the relationship between vaccines and autism. The absence of such studies makes it easy for judges to say to plaintiffs they have not met their burden of proving causation.”

Autism was virtually unknown in the United States until 1943 when it was diagnosed and identified eleven months after Thimerosal, a mercury-based vaccine “adjuvant” was first added to baby vaccines along with various aluminium compounds in the United States. Thimerosal is often used to stem fungi and bacterial growth in vaccines despite massive evidence of its severe effects as a potent neurotoxin. Following independent studies, Russia, Japan, Austria, Denmark, Sweden and Britain have banned Thimersol from childrens’ vaccines. Germany to date has no such ban. The toxin was developed in 1930 by Eli Lilly. Tragically in 1991, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary the US Government’s Center for Disease Control (CDC), the same agency fuelling the current hysteria over the non-proven H1N1 Swine Flu virus danger, recommended that infants be injected with a series of mercury-containing vaccines in some cases within 24 hours of birth for Hepatitis B and two months for diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis.

Before 1989 US pre-school children received eleven vaccinations—polio, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, measles-mumps-rubella (MMR). By 1999, because of the various CDC recommendations, the number of vaccinations was twenty two before first grade of school. Parallel with this explosive rise in vaccinations of the very young in the United States, according to Kennedy, the rate of autism among children. The state of Iowa reported a 700% increase in autism in children beginning in the 1990’s and along with California has banned mercury in vaccines. Despite evidence, however the US FDA continues to allow drug makers to include Thimerosal in numerous over-the-counter non-prescription medications as well as steroids and injected collagen. The US Government ships vaccines preserved with Thimerosal to numerous developing countries as well, where some are reporting sudden explosion of autism rates as well. In China, where autism was unknown before introduction of Thimerosal by US drug makers in 1999, press reports indicate there are almost two million autistic children.

Instances of autism in the US exploded as some 40 million children were injected during the 1990’s with Thimersol-based vaccines, giving them unprecedented accumulations of mercury poison. The level of ethylmercury in a vaccine routinely given then to children of two months age was 99 times greater than the US Government’s daily limit for exposure. As with the current WHO pandemic declaration around H1N1 Swine Flu, the CDC Vaccine Advisory Committee is filled with scientists with close ties to the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Sam Katz, chairman of the committee was a paid consultant to most companies producing the vaccines he “recommended.”

The aluminium danger remains

While vaccines available in the US today exist with no Thimerosal (50% mercury), virtually all vaccines still contain aluminum, which has been linked to impaired neurological development in children. Aluminum has not replaced thimerosal as a vaccine preservative; it has always been used in vaccines.

In the recent past, most US chioldren got exposed to both thimerosal and aluminum simultaneously with the hepatitis B, Hib, DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) and pneumococcal vaccines. Combining mercury with aluminum increases the likelihood that the mercury will damage human tissue.

According to a recent report by Michael Wagnitz, an American chemist, “Currently eight childhood vaccines that contain aluminum ranging from 125 to 850 micrograms (mcg). These vaccines are administered 17 times in the first 18 months of life, an almost six-fold increase compared to the vaccine schedule of the 1980s.”

Wagnitz adds, “According to the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, based on IV feeding solutions, a child should not exceed a maximum daily dose of 5 mcg of aluminum per kilogram of weight per day. That means if a child weighs 11 pounds, the child should not exceed 25 mcg in a day. This level was determined to be the maximum safety limit based on a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine titled "Aluminum Neurotoxicity in Preterm Infants Receiving Intravenous Feeding Solutions."

The hepatitis B vaccine, administered at birth, contains 250 mcg.

In a 1996 policy statement, "Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children," the American Academy of Pediatrics states, "Aluminum can cause neurological harm. People with kidney disease who build up bloodstream levels of aluminum greater than 100 mcg per liter are at risk of toxicity. The toxic threshold of aluminum in the bloodstream may be lower than 100 mcg per liter." What level of aluminium toxicity is contained in vaccines routinely given German, French and other children n the EU is not known. It might be time for a public demand for such information to be disclosed, and before governments launch mass vaccination campaigns for untested vaccines against a non-proven H1N1 Swine Flu threat.

Very powerful stuff! Thanks for posting.

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I was really surprised by the paucity of information on this subject. So I did a little digging and found this (which is certainly NOT skimpy;)), for any hardy souls that seek support re the toxicity (including autism) of early vaccination chemical "packages" for our infants (like MMR,+):

[/URL][url]http://www.healthymuslim.com/assets/docs/blaylock-truth-behind-vaccines.pdf (http://www.healthymuslim.com/assets/docs/blaylock-truth-behind-vaccines.pdf)

Be warned, though: it's a lengthy read. :rolleyes:

Great find! Am printing it up now. Will be giving it to my daughters. UNBELIEVABLE that they use this crap and admit they don't know enough about its affects.

Thank you! Really good find.

ScoutsHonor
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Great find! Am printing it up now. Will be giving it to my daughters. UNBELIEVABLE that they use this crap and admit they don't know enough about its affects.

Thank you! Really good find.

You're welcome.:)

You are a quick reader, Deborah!;)

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
You're welcome.:)

You are a quick reader, Deborah!;)

Didn't read it thoroughly just skimmed it. Will add it to my bedtime reading. :)

ScoutsHonor
10-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Here is to my mind *outrageous* confirmation that the chemical packages inflicted on new-born infants are destroying their health!

OTOH, that we have finally found out what's going on is a great Blessing!

Link to Mercola article:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/08/Hepatitis-B-Vaccine-Triples-the-Risk-of-Autism-in-Infant-Boys.aspx

davesxj
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
http://dprogram.net/2009/08/05/the-danger-of-excessive-vaccination-during-brain-development/

Long read but very worthwhile if you are interested or expectant.

ScoutsHonor
10-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Glad you found it worthwhile :)

squarepusher
10-14-2009, 03:30 AM
heres some info on mercury and you

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6W81-4WR19XX-3&_user=10&_coverDate=09%2F30%2F2009&_alid=1045523416&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=browse&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=1e5948824e1ff52fc9c82e46dff332a7
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2004/09/22/blaylock-vaccine-coverup-part-one.aspx
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/01/27/mercury-in-vaccines-was-replaced-with-something-even-more-toxic.aspx
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/pages/vaccines-depression-and-neurodegeneration-after-age-50.aspx
http://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2009/10/01/Washington-Health-Department-Suspends-Mercury-Restrictions-for-Swine-Flu-Vaccine.aspx