PDA

View Full Version : Rand's Campaign Called

lx43
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
This is the second time I have recieved a call in regard to Rand--basically to raise money and not trying promote Rand within his state (I dont live in KY). Anyway, both times the people seemed to have a nasty attitude and one seemed barely able to read a simple script.

Damnit if you are calling someone as part of Rand Paul's campaign be nice, read the script but don't make it sound like you are, and act like your enthusastic about the message and the man.

Are these people campaign volunteers or an organization the campaign hired?

american.swan
10-06-2009, 05:51 PM
No one's called me, cause I'm in South Korea, but I sure agree with your assessment. BE NICE.

Cowlesy
10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Not good. The last thing we need are phonebankers being dickheads.

lx43
10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah if I was a newbie or someone just being introduced to the campaign it would have turned me off completely.

lx43
10-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I have to admit Rand's messaged sounded good, but I think it was a little too long winded.

angelatc
10-06-2009, 05:59 PM
We got a call too. The woman was pretty snobby - I thought she was a collection agency. Then she asked if she could play a recorded message, which went on for far too long.

MRoCkEd
10-06-2009, 06:01 PM
They must be using the same people C4L does.
Well.. It actually raised a lot for them.
Let's see what it does for Rand.

TruthisTreason
10-06-2009, 06:05 PM
It isn't me calling people...:p

TruthisTreason
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
This is the second time I have recieved a call in regard to Rand--basically to raise money and not trying promote Rand within his state (I dont live in KY). Anyway, both times the people seemed to have a nasty attitude and one seemed barely able to read a simple script.

Damnit if you are calling someone as part of Rand Paul's campaign be nice, read the script but don't make it sound like you are, and act like your enthusastic about the message and the man.

Are these people campaign volunteers or an organization the campaign hired?

What state do you live in?

Dionysus
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I've had CFL call me twice, both times the people on the call were borderline retarded before they connected me to the pre-recorded message. I didn't mind, they were nice, read from a script, doubt they knew who Ron Paul is, figured CFL is saving money.

lx43
10-06-2009, 06:31 PM
What state do you live in?

SC

lx43
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I've had CFL call me twice, both times the people on the call were borderline retarded before they connected me to the pre-recorded message. I didn't mind, they were nice, read from a script, doubt they knew who Ron Paul is, figured CFL is saving money.

Being nice but boderline retarded still doesn't look good for the campaign.

MRoCkEd
10-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Well.. John Tate responded to criticisms by saying "they work!"
In fact, those combined with the mailers have yielded C4L $4 million.
Hopefully they do good for Rand.

TruthisTreason
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
My apologies to anyone that these calls piss off..

I know when I get calls asking for money, the one thing that kills me the most is if .....the person doesn't speak good English. :p

Matt Collins
10-06-2009, 06:39 PM
They must be using the same people C4L does.
Well.. It actually raised a lot for them.
Let's see what it does for Rand.

Yeah, but they make the organization look bad in the process. :(

lx43
10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Just don't let these people call anyone in KY. lol

MRoCkEd
10-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Just don't let these people call anyone in KY. lol
Well yeah. Calling primary voters should be done by volunteers.

lx43
10-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Now that you mention it these people do sound like the same group calling on behalf of C4L. I refuse to give money to C4L because I don't like the way they sound on the phone and how they constantly pimp for money in every email.

Nathan Hale
10-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Had the same thing happen to me. C4L called my work (the number I gave them) twice and I got the monotone script "would you like to listen to a recorded message". In my opinion its a waste of time. That sort of approach is disingenuous by nature, so it likely wouldn't be very effective in pitching for donations from C4L-ers. I actually had to ask them to take me off the list - after all I donate when I want, not when I get a call from a borderline retard who links me to a recorded message (nothing says cheap automated crap like a recorded message).

Cowlesy
10-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Yeah I got a call today from a Shante to listen to the robo-call, so I listened, (way way too long) -- and then a "chris carter", also sounding half retarded, got on the phone. After explaining to him I had maxed out, he said he was sorry I wasn't able to give at this time but maybe i would consider in the future --- because listening takes skill, but would send me a pledge card or something in the mail

phonebanker fail.

angelatc
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Well yeah. Calling primary voters should be done by volunteers.

I agree, sort of. I am really torn on this. There is a positive thing about robocalls in that they allow the campaign to control the message. Having volunteers, especially untrained volunteers, speak for you may not always be the best way to win votes.

Yeah I got a call today from a Shante to listen to the robo-call, so I listened, (way way too long) -- and then a "chris carter", also sounding half retarded, got on the phone. After explaining to him I had maxed out, he said he was sorry I wasn't able to give at this time but maybe i would consider in the future --- because listening takes skill, but would send me a pledge card or something in the mail

phonebanker fail.

LOL! Maybe you should suggest that he send you a Russian bride.

Jeremy Tyler
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I'll volunteer to do it! My job is to be on the phones all the day for humana. Take calls from old folks. I developed my own script and it worked so well that the whole company adopted it. So know you read this forum hightower, if you guys want some help, I'm willing.

TruthisTreason
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I'll volunteer to do it! My job is to be on the phones all the day for humana. Take calls from old folks. I developed my own script and it worked so well that the whole company adopted it. So know you read this forum hightower, if you guys want some help, I'm willing.

You are hired.... :cool:

Bruno
10-07-2009, 04:02 PM

Patriot!! :)

angelatc
10-07-2009, 04:14 PM

So, assuming Rand's goal is two-fold (raising cash as well as votes) what would your script look like?

TruthisTreason
10-07-2009, 04:30 PM
So, assuming Rand's goal is two-fold (raising cash as well as votes) what would your script look like?

We will not be calling potential voters asking for money at this point; that would be a play out of the Gay Facin's playbook.

lx43
10-07-2009, 04:42 PM
We will not be calling potential voters asking for money at this point; that would be a play out of the Gay Facin's playbook.

Good I hope your not calling potential voters. With the way they sounded and acted its not a good idea.

How effective have this been? How much does Rand's campaign raise each day on average?

Jeremy Tyler
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Well depends on the goal of the call and what the main points of the call you want to have. At humana there are say 7 goals to meet. I just figured out how to hit all 7 goals by using the same the script I came up with (main thing i being able to control the call while hitting those goals all at the same time). Doing this at my job I have had 100% quality with the shortest talk time out of anyone.

So need to know what the campaign wants and I'll get on the phones for ya.

TruthisTreason
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
How effective have this been? How much does Rand's campaign raise each day on average?

No idea.

RyanRSheets
10-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Well depends on the goal of the call and what the main points of the call you want to have. At humana there are say 7 goals to meet. I just figured out how to hit all 7 goals by using the same the script I came up with (main thing i being able to control the call while hitting those goals all at the same time). Doing this at my job I have had 100% quality with the shortest talk time out of anyone.

One goal should be figuring out where the hell Grayson is lol

TruthisTreason
10-07-2009, 08:32 PM
One goal should be figuring out where the hell Grayson is lol

I heard he is hiding out due to lackluster fundraising numbers...

hillertexas
10-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Got the call yesterday. I donated $20 and then like an hour later I was checking my account to see if it had been taken out because the phone bank person sounded weird. Said she was in Virginia. Anyway...glad to know that I didn't give my credit card info to someone completely random.

hillertexas
10-12-2009, 09:28 PM
How long did it take for the charge to appear on your bank statement?

TruthisTreason
10-12-2009, 09:34 PM
How long did it take for the charge to appear on your bank statement?

Sent you a private message

StayTrue
10-12-2009, 09:52 PM
My Dad told me he got a call today from people calling about Ron Paul's sons campaign.

They asked him if he wanted to hear a message from Rand and he said ya but didn't have the time and asked them to call back. I don't think they ever did

Didn't have any problem with them, but he said it seemed like an agency doing the calling and not Rand's actual campaign.

He has never signed up for anything with Campaign for Liberty or Rand's campaign so the only way they could have got his number is from the Ron Paul list.

Note: We live in PA. I think they should call every Republican in Kentucky twice before calling anybody in PA

TruthisTreason
10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I think they should call every Republican in Kentucky twice before calling anybody in PA

I DON'T!

Ron only raised 200,000 here in KY.

StayTrue
10-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I DON'T!

Ron only raised 200,000 here in KY.

LOL, what has Rand raised in-state? And do you know the figure of what hes raised offline for the last Quarter?

I said that just because I want Rand to get voters in the state hes running in

TruthisTreason
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
LOL, what has Rand raised in-state? And do you know the figure of what hes raised offline for the last Quarter?

I said that just because I want Rand to get voters in the state hes running in

Calling every GOP voter in the state of KY TWICE asking for money won't help him get votes.;)

He raised over 200,000 offline.

I've never calculated how much is instate vs out of state, because I've never cared. Money is money....

StayTrue
10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Calling every GOP voter in the state of KY TWICE asking for money won't help him get votes.;)

He raised over 200,000 offline.

I've never calculated how much is instate vs out of state, because I've never cared. Money is money....

I wasn't really thinking about the money aspect of it because my Dad didnt say anything about them asking for money just asking if they could play him a message....

So thats why I made that comment

I didnt read this whole thread I just read how some people were complaining about how they were treated

TruthisTreason
10-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I just read how some people were complaining about how they were treated

That troubles me.. I don't see how it could be hard to be nice to someone on the phone, especially if you are being paid to do it.

I'd like to know the name of someone who has donated on these calls, so I can see if the donations are being processed.

PM me your name if you donated, please.

StayTrue
10-12-2009, 10:22 PM
That troubles me.. I don't see how it could be hard to be nice to someone on the phone, especially if you are being paid to do it.

I'd like to know the name of someone who has donated on these calls, so I can see if the donations are being processed.

PM me your name if you donated, please.

They called my Dad and didnt even get to the part about asking money, but I doubt he'll donate if they ask when/if they call back.

If I hadn't told him about Rand he probably would have been real confused by the call.

Do you guys in the office have the Ron Paul list of people that they are using?

TruthisTreason
10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Do you guys in the office have the Ron Paul list of people that they are using?

No, we don't have any lists of Ron Pauls.

The calls are not coming from KY.

StayTrue
10-12-2009, 10:25 PM
No, we don't have any lists of Ron Pauls.

The calls are not coming from KY.

Seems like you guys should have those names before any "agency"

TruthisTreason
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Seems like you guys should have those names before any "agency"

Think harder... the answer is there.

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/popup-light2.jpg

hueylong
10-12-2009, 11:27 PM
We've heard nothing but negative comments about these calls. Are they paid for and authorized by the campaign?

It doesn't matter how "cheap" such a company is. You get what you pay for, especially in politics.

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
We've heard nothing but negative comments about these calls.

Something I've noticed is the people who bitch are usually the people who give the least.

Are they paid for and authorized by the campaign?

To my knowledge: yes.

It doesn't matter how "cheap" such a company is. You get what you pay for, especially in politics.

To use the list that is being used, I don't believe you have many options. ;)

Matt Collins
10-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Something I've noticed is the people who bitch are usually the people who give the least.But that does not invalidate their points.

erowe1
10-13-2009, 08:38 AM
But that does not invalidate their points.

In fact, it highlights the importance of them.

What exactly is the mitigating factor? "Yeah, I know the agency that's making these calls is turning a lot of people off. But, hey, look at it this way, it's also resulting in fewer people donating money. So it all equals out."

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
In fact, it highlights the importance of them.

What exactly is the mitigating factor? "Yeah, I know the agency that's making these calls is turning a lot of people off. But, hey, look at it this way, it's also resulting in fewer people donating money. So it all equals out."

No one knows how much these calls are working or not working.

CFL used to mail me a letter once a month -- which just pissed me off.

However, others sent in millions. A few people complaining might not trump many people donating. "Might" being the key word.

angelatc
10-13-2009, 09:38 AM

I'm not connected with the campaign in any way other than donating a miniscule amount. I just was just speaking in general terms.

I very much like the approach.

Cowlesy
10-13-2009, 09:43 AM
No one knows how much these calls are working or not working.

CFL used to mail me a letter once a month -- which just pissed me off.

However, others sent in millions. A few people complaining might not trump many people donating. "Might" being the key word.

I'm the same way. Direct mail does not work on me. That is not to say it may not work on others who are not as plugged-in to the tubes as us.

angelatc
10-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Something I've noticed is the people who bitch are usually the people who give the least.

There's no need to get defensive. We're your friends, remember? I don't hate robo-calls, and I usually listen to all the political type calls just so I can give my .02 if nothing else.

I'd change 2 things: the lady who started the call should have introduced herself before asking to speak with my husband. Not because of my inferiority complex - he has a cell phone that I don't even know how to work, but because she sounded like a collection agent.

"Hi, this is Sally calling on behalf of Congressional Candidate Rand Paul! May I speak with John Smith please?" is so much nicer than a terse "John Smith, please."

And the recording was too long. That's just that.

Nothing to get up in arms about. We're on your side.

Matt Collins
10-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Nothing to get up in arms about. We're on your side....There's no need to get defensive. We're your friends, remember?
He seems to forget this :rolleyes:

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I'd change 2 things

I don't have any control over this!

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 10:21 AM

I'm going to put you in a headlock next time I see you and make you cry for mercy!;)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/jeansies/Image023-8.jpg

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm going to put you in a headlock next time I see you and make you cry for mercy!;)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/jeansies/Image023-8.jpg

Update:

We are going to have Rand's office worker put you in a headlock. :eek: You know the blonde that is twice your size.:eek:

MRoCkEd
10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Don't you have a campaign to donate to?
:p:p:p

lx43
10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=TruthisTreason;2364497]Something I've noticed is the people who bitch are usually the people who give the least.
QUOTE]

I don't think pointing out a potential issue is bitching. BTW that statement about giving the least is inaccurate too, at least for me. I have given a few $$$ bucks to both Adam and Rands campaign. Not to mention the $$$ I donated to Ron and purchasing campaign litaterure to pass out in my local community.

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
BTW that statement about giving the least is inaccurate too, at least for me. I have given a few $$$ bucks to both Adam and Rands campaign. Not to mention the $$$ I donated to Ron and purchasing campaign litaterure to pass out in my local community.

Are you bitching now? ;)
YouTube - Mr. T Dancing in I Pity the Fool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMibtjDJp0)

lx43
10-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Yep ;) Now I am. lol

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Yep ;) Now I am. lol

Rand to the Senate!!!!! :D

Matt Collins
10-13-2009, 09:42 PM
We are going to have Rand's office worker put you in a headlock. :eek: You know the blonde that is twice your size.:eek:I might like that ;) :D:p

Matt Collins
10-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Don't you have a campaign to donate to?
:p:p:pWhat part of "broke" do you not understand? :rolleyes:

TruthisTreason
10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
i might like that ;) :d:p

lmao! :d