PDA

View Full Version : Repub. Senate Leadership Survey

bkreigh
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
So i got home from work and i checked my mail and i got this Republican Senate Leadership Survey. I am curious if anybody else on here has received something similar.

In part nine they have a section for additional comments. They gave me a whole 3 lines. I have crap written in the columns and everything. i didnt answer about 4 questions and i have comments by about 15 other questions. The wording of the questions are horrendous and very vague.

Here are the questions they ask.

General Questions

1) In general are you pleased with the direction of our nation?

2) Which issues are most important for Republicans in the U.S. Senate to focus on this year?

Fighting tax increases - Very important, Somewhat, Not
Stopping passage of amnesty for illegal immigrants
Protecting local control of education
Scrutinizing Obama's judical nominees
Blocking union efforts to eliminate secret ballots
Bailing out the auto industry
Healthcare reform
Stopping expansion of federal welfare programs
Opening U.S. land for oil exploration and drilling

1) DO you believe the federal govt should continue to bail out failing business and banks with Billions of tax dollars?

2) Do you believe the that the Democrats $789 billion stimulus package is an effective and worthwhile use of your tax dollars

3) Do you support creation of an independent panel like the 9-11 commission to investigate the mortgage crisis and other factors that contributed to the economic crisis?

4) Should the federal govt act quickly to sell off the banks and other assets it took over as part of the bail out program

5) Do you support the federal govt buying up foreclosed homes to stabilize the housing market?

6) Which of the following is the most important economic priority? a) Creating good jobs, b) Balancing the Federal Budget, c) Keeping Taxes low, d) Increasing govt spending, e) helping unions organize, f) developing energy alternatives. -

Retirement Security

1) Are you in favor of raising the age o eligibility for social security? -

2) Should the Federal govt eliminate mandatory draw downs of IRAs for retirees over 65? -

3) Do you support exempting retirees from property tax increases on their primary residence?

Homeland Security

1) Is achieving energy independence from imported fossil fuel crucial to the long term security of our nation -

2) Do you support giving the US intelligence and law enforcement agencies the ability to covertly track and monitor communications of terrorists suspects within our borders, as needed, even if a court order has not been obtained

3) Should foreign terrorists caught in the future or currently being held in US detainment facilities be given the same legal rights and privileges as US citizens?

4) DO you agree the we should continue to insist on measurable progress in securing our borders and ports?

5) Are you in favor of unionizing positions within the dept of homeland security such as airports screeners who could endanger our national security or bring commerce and travel in the US to a standstill if they strike -

Comment - How about we just eliminate the Dept of Homeland Security?

Foreign Policy

1) Should we allow the Democrats in Congress to double the amount of humanitarian aid the US gives foreign countries?

2) Do you believe setting a timetable for withdrawal of US Troops from Iraq is in the best interests of our nation and its security

3) Should President Obama meet with the leaders of Cuba, Iran and N. Korea without preset conditions?

4) Do you believe the US should use any means necessary to stop Iran from developing and possessing nuclear weapons?

5) Do you believe Russia is a threat to the safety and security of the US?

6) Should the US put more pressure on Pakistan to rein in Islamic extremists who are training and living within its borders?

Family Agenda

1) Are you in favor of the creation of a new federal govt bureaucracy to oversee & administer healthcare insurance, set prices for health services and act as the 'single payer' of all healthcare expenses?

2) Should medical malpractice reform to stop frivolous lawsuits and ever-increasing insurance premiums be a priority of any healthcare reform legislation

3) Do you support reauthorization of 'No Child Left Behind' public school testing program designed to measure student progress based upon standards and then holds schools accountable? -

4) Do you believe public schools K - 12, should be funded by the federal govt?

5) Do you believe the federal govt should pay for unionized teachers to provide child care services (head start) for all pre-kindergarten children? -

Social Issues

1) Do you support a Constitutional Amendment to protect the traditional marriage between a man and a woman?

2) Do you support the ban on human cloning?

3) Do you support allowing scientists to 'manufacture' and destroy human embryos for the purpose of stem cell research?

4) Do you support the Democrats effort to wipe out all state laws regulating or restricting abortion?

Future of the Republican Party

1) Do you believe that voters have turned away from the principals and ideals of the Reagan Revolution - lower taxes, smaller govt and a strong proud America? -

2) Do Republicans in the US Senate have a responsibility to fight against liberal special interest hand outs, tax increase and massive new govt programs? -

3) Do you believe that the Republicans in Congress need to listen more closely to grassroots Republicans on issues as spending, ethics and immigration reform

4) Can the Republican Party hope to regain control of Congress without support of and activism of folks like you?

5) Will help build a strong foundation of Republican grassroots support to ensure the future of the Republican Party and the conservative ideals and principals we champion

Then they ask for money.

In part nine they have a section for additional comments. They gave me a whole 3 lines. I have crap written in the columns and everything. i didnt answer about 4 questions and i have comments by about 15 other questions. The wording of the questions are horrendous and very vague.

angelatc
10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Yes, I got 2. I write, in black marker, "Ron Paul speaks for me, and my donations speak to that"
across the survey and send it back.

I'm not interested in their silly questionnaires, but I'll happily send their garbage back to them at their expense.