PDA

View Full Version : GOP is absolutely hopeless.

Matthew Zak
10-06-2009, 10:49 AM
As long as people like Sean Hannity are given the opportunity to shove brainless rhetoric down the sheeple's throats we are screwed. He needs to be replaced. I'm serious. I was listening to his show yesterday out of curiosity, and he was trying to make a case against Obama and the democrats. This is how he did it.

First, he played a dozen or so clips of various democrats who were verbally chastising republicans for "celebrating" the fact that Obama was unable to get the Olympics to Chicago. My first thoughts on that are that it's actually pretty petty to celebrate such a thing. Regardless, he played the clips of Democrat's rhetoric which really made the republicans seem immature. He didn't even offer a counter argument or anything.

Second, he tried to make Obama seem like a hypocrite, by playing a few clips of his so-called "America-hating" speeches. The clips were short, and consisted of extremely Libertarian talking points (one clip even had obama talking specifically about protecting our liberties). If I knew nothing else about Obama then the clips Sean Hannity played I would vote for him in a heart beat and feel pretty damn good about it. It doesn't even make sense.

What the FUCK is going on?

Elwar
10-06-2009, 10:51 AM
The Sean Hannity show is The Obama Forum of the Republican Party.

Feenix566
10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
The Sean Hannity show is The Obama Forum of the Republican Party.

hahahahaha!! so true!

Seriously, though, you have to understand Hannity's listener base. They're through-and-through Republicans. They'll the kind of people who will vote for anyone with an "R" next to their name, regardless of the person's stances on any policy matters. They get their opinions on issues from Hannity, Limbough, O'Reilly, et al. They believe what they believe because the party believes it.

Their thought process goes in the opposite direction of ours. Ours goes like this:

1. Learn about the issues
2. Make up your mind
3. Support the candidate who takes the correct position

Theirs goes like this:

1. Listen to the Republican party
2. Believe what they tell you
3. Tell everyone else why the Republican party is right

Hannity listeners tune in every day for reinforcement. They already made up their minds a long time ago that Obama is wrong, because of the "D" next to his name. They tune in because Hannity tells them what they want to hear. They don't tune in to learn about issues or make up their minds. Their minds were made up a long time ago.

If Hannity were replaced by someone who took a less partisan approach to punditry, they'd stop listening in favor of someone who tells them what they want to hear. It's sad but true.

But look on the bright side: when Peter Schiff wins the Republican nomination for Senate in Connecticut, they'll be rooting for him because he has an "R".

LibertyWorker
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
The more hopeless the GOP & DNC are the less harm they can do to us.