PDA

View Full Version : GOP backing off scolding Alan Grayson over rhetoric

bobbyw24
10-06-2009, 10:08 AM
House Republicans are backing off an effort to reprimand a Florida congressman for saying the GOP's health care plans amount to wanting sick people to "die quickly."

Republicans led by Rep. Tom Price of Georgia drafted a resolution last week scolding Democrat Alan Grayson for his remarks. The measure mirrored a resolution that Democrats pushed through last month against Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., for shouting "You lie!" at President Barack Obama.

Price spokesman Brendan Buck said Tuesday the GOP still isn't ruling out pursuing the measure.

"But at this point the people of his district are probably in the best position to register their approval or disapproval of Mr. Graysons consistently embarrassing behavior," Buck said.

Buck also acknowledged that passing the measure could be difficult. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi last week declined to call for Grayson to apologize, saying Republicans have made similar criticisms of Democratic health care proposals and that there was no reason to single out Grayson. She also asked all lawmakers to tone down their rhetoric.

Grayson, a first-term congressman from Orlando known for being pugnacious, delivered his health care remarks on the House floor last week.

"If you get sick, America, the Republican health care plan is this: Die quickly," he said. "That's right. The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick."

He has refused to apologize, citing research

http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2009/10/06/gop_backing_off_scolding_democrat_over_rhetoric

Aratus
10-06-2009, 10:34 AM
i rest my case. methinks joe wilson and alan grayson are future presidential candidates.
the g.o.p knows this deep down, as sarah palin and barack obama do eye the landscape.

stu2002
10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Grayson, who is Jewish, did apologize to the Anti-Defamation League, however, for calling the health care crisis a holocaust, saying he regretted using the word.

Theocrat
10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
How petty are those guys in our Congress? They drafted a resolution just to sanction Grayson's remarks against Republicans?! Those guys will pass a law for anything, it seems. "You hurt our feelings, so now we're going to draft legislation against you." Give me a break.

And for the record, I find Grayson's comments against the Republicans' view on healthcare to be appalling and childish.

bobbyw24
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Hearing.

Flash
10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Grayson, who is Jewish, did apologize to the Anti-Defamation League, however, for calling the health care crisis a holocaust, saying he regretted using the word.

Jews did 9/11 (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/JEWS_DID_WTC).