PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul interview (transcript)

bunklocoempire
10-06-2009, 03:45 AM
This audio was posted previously. I bring up part of the transcript because I feel it is extremely useful when talking to the McCain or Obama voter. For the McCain voter it’s got the “Beck”, China, debt/dollar, and Iran –it gets ‘em like Pavlovs bell.

For the Obama voter it has China, debt/dollar, and questions why Obama hasn’t removed us from the Mid East.

I've used it with good results, a great way to talk Federal Reserve/insane foreign policy.

I think we can all use this and point ‘em the right direction. And if/when any of this comes to pass, the newly informed Obama McCain voter facing hardship will have a clue. And they will pass it on.

Thanks to whoever posted the audio.:)

And thanks to Ron Paul for giving me a straight answer.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/31281/

Part of the transcript from September 30, 2009.

...GLENN: What happens when Israel strikes Iran or Iran has the Earth rays and we know that they now have a nuclear weapon, what happens to our financial system at that point?

RON PAUL: I think the Chinese take over. If there's a real panic and oil shoots up to a couple of hundred bucks, the Chinese will dump their dollars. Chinese are maneuvering for this. The more we threaten Iran, the stronger the Chinese influence gets because they're using the dollars that they have earned from us and saved, they have a trillion, and they are starting to buy up assets in Iran and build plants and get involved in their energy. So the whole thing is back firing on us. We're getting ready to put tougher sanctions on the Iranians and that will make things that much worse. It won't help the dissidents in Iran. It's going to cost us a lot of money, and there will be a bombing and that will be a big, big event. I think it will crash the dollar is what I think it would do.

GLENN: What does America look like after a crashed dollar?

RON PAUL: Not like it looks today. We think it was bad with the financial crisis. When you have a dollar crisis, the whole thing quits functioning. The checks bounce and literally the federal government's checks bounce if you have -- if inflation goes up --

GLENN: Wait, wait, wait, wait. Does that mean that all of your friends in Washington then just go away?

RON PAUL: Yeah, that might be a good part of it.

GLENN: That might be a good idea! I say we crash the dollar today if that's the effect!

RON PAUL: I think we're going to have a de facto Tenth Amendment, secession. People are just going to ignore the federal government because they won't -- and there's, you know, a total loss of credibility. You know, this idea that Obama says that we're going to have all this new medical care, we're going to take care of everybody and it's not going to cost us anything and we're going to balance the budget and actually cut the deficit by giving people more services, all that does is build, you know, the lack of credibility and people just say that's not believable. But no, it will continue that way. And the checks will keep coming. People will get their Social Security checks. But like this year, even though there's been a lot of inflation that they don't admit to, there's no cost of living increases in the Social Security check. So the people who are dependent on fixed incomes or Social Security, their standard of living is going down right now and it will continue to go down. It will go down rapidly in the midst of a dollar crisis.

GLENN: John -- I mean, Congressman Paul, the media and even Patrick Kennedy said this, we heard this from two people, Muammar Gaddafi and I believe the other one was Ahmadinejad that both spoke last week and they -- we're hearing it all the time that there's going to be violence here in America, that people are targeting. Basically everyone is going to blame this on the right, any kind of violence. They are setting up any violence on those who are from the right or, you know, from the tea party movement. Are you concerned about this and what is happening in Washington where Nancy Pelosi comes out and says -- you know, she starts to cry and, you know, says that she's seen it before and we're going to see it again?

RON PAUL: I think that there will be violence. I hope we don't have to go through, you know, a very violent period of time, but that's what happens too often when the government runs out of money and runs out of wealth, the people argue over, you know, a shrinking pie and, of course, the people who have to produce are sick and tired of producing.

GLENN: But I think what they're saying is there would be -- violence would come first.

RON PAUL: I think it will come after a dollar crisis. I think you are always going to have some violence but, you know, I lived through the Sixties and I was in the military during that time, and I know the Sixties were very rough and there was a lot of violence there. I don't think next month we're going to have anything like the violence we had in the Sixties, but potentially if we do have a dollar crisis and the whole system comes unglued, then I think there's going to be a lot more violence, especially in the inner cities…..

Bunkloco