PDA

View Full Version : So it is a handout to crooks?

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Help me out here...
Did he really just say this on live television?

YouTube - Sen. Rockefeller Keith Olbermann (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BGVUWeM7SY&feature=player_embedded)

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Ok, I'm still tossing this around in my head here...
He wants to amend the Bill so that half of the money involved will be tossed to the evil insurance companies as a subsidy, then he calls them crooks?
Please respond.

moostraks
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I thought he was tossing them a bone of 10% for "administration" costs (see: blood money). The whole thing is assinine in that the insurance company merely inflates costs by adding a middle man. They have 2 pay schedules one for insured and one for uninsured. This cannot be solved by merely throwing a treat to insurance companies through the mandatory insurance clause as that will not solve the problem of unreasonable costs for healthcare.(such as a $10 aspirin they force you to take even when you tell them you don't want it...)

This issue is sooo foul I don't know where to start. I did see your point though when I listened to his stance.

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I thought he was tossing them a bone of 10% for "administration" costs (see: blood money). The whole thing is assinine in that the insurance company merely inflates costs by adding a middle man. They have 2 pay schedules one for insured and one for uninsured. This cannot be solved by merely throwing a treat to insurance companies through the mandatory insurance clause as that will not solve the problem of unreasonable costs for healthcare.(such as a $10 aspirin they force you to take even when you tell them you don't want it...)

This issue is sooo foul I don't know where to start. I did see your point though when I listened to his stance.

Thanks, I'm gonna listen to it one more time.
Its his amendment from what I understand.