PDA

View Full Version : Message from David Adams, Rand's Campaign Manager

Matt Collins
10-05-2009, 10:43 AM
David just sent this out to the Rand Paul Meetup Group/List:

"The Grayson campaign has no choice but to stay silent about how how poorly their whisper campaign against Rand Paul has fared. They badly miscalculated the wisdom of running a candidate with no discernable urgency for altering the status quo and are finding out that the people of Kentucky demand someone with a backbone and a plan. Rand Paul has been firm in his opposition to bailouts, even going so far as to refuse campaign donations from anyone in Congress who voted for one. Rand Paul has pledged to vote only for balanced budgets. His opponents can't do that because it would involve going cold turkey off America's hideous addiction to spending borrowed money. Rand supports term limits as a way to keep the professional politicians from gaining so much corrupting power. This race is shaping up as a battle between what caused the problem and what the commonsense solutions are. That's why every time Rand's opponents try to talk him down we keep seeing increased interest and support."

David Adams, campaign manager
Rand Paul for U.S. Senate

Matt Collins
10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Looks like we just fired the first shot, eh?

specsaregood
10-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Looks like we just fired the first shot, eh?

If it went to the Rand Paul group it wouldn't seem so. :) More like an inspirational speech.

Dreamofunity
10-05-2009, 11:01 AM
When will we find out Graysons 3rd quater funding? The 15th?

erowe1
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I like it.

Who is David Adams? What's his background?

amisspelledword
10-05-2009, 11:05 AM
David Adams is Paul's campaign manager if I'm not mistaken

I think we will find out how much Trey raised by the 15th or somewhere around mid-month.

erowe1
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM

I know that part. That's not what I mean. Has he run big campaigns before? If so, who?

Austin
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I wonder if Paul raised the most out of all candidates? He will not have the most cash on hand, but I would not be surprised if he gets more this quarter than Conway.

angelatc
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM

I think we will find out how much Trey raised by the 15th or somewhere around mid-month.

I thought this article meant that we won: http://www.smallgovtimes.com/2009/10/rand-paul-fundraising-exceeds-gop-opponent-in-third-quarter/

Matt Collins
10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I like it.

He is a well known blogger in KY. He has been involved with at least 1 congressional campaign before, although I don't remember which one.

specsaregood
10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I like it.

This thread has a bit more details:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=198393

This was his blog he suspended working on when he went to work Rand's campaign: http://kyprogress.blogspot.com/

Cowlesy
10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I thought this article meant that we won: http://www.smallgovtimes.com/2009/10/rand-paul-fundraising-exceeds-gop-opponent-in-third-quarter/

Hmm...interesting. I'd like to know who disclosed Grayson's fundraising totals as it hasn't been released on FEC.gov as of yet.

Austin
10-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Hmm...interesting. I'd like to know who disclosed Grayson's fundraising totals as it hasn't been released on FEC.gov as of yet.

Bad reporting, but it falls in our favor so shh...

;)

specsaregood
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM

;)

Unless he raised less in the 3rd quarter than they are erroneously reporting.... :D Then it would be in his favor, no?

Cowlesy
10-05-2009, 11:26 AM

;)

I'd rather deal in facts. Those who deal in speculation lose credibility very quickly if they aren't careful. The author should cite his source.

;)

erowe1
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I'd rather deal in facts. Those who deal in speculation lose credibility very quickly if they aren't careful. The author should cite his source.

;)

I assume that his source is the Dave Weigel Washington Independent piece that came out the day before and has been discussed in another thread. Dave Weigel does link his source in that one, and it's clear that he misinterpreted it.

TruthisTreason
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
He is a well known blogger in KY.

:p:p

MRoCkEd
10-05-2009, 11:46 AM
That would be embarrassing if it turns out Trey outraised Rand.

angelatc
10-05-2009, 11:48 AM

Absolutely.

itshappening
10-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I expect Trey to outraise him or be close, that GOP function would have brought him a lot of dough and they dont want Rand that's for sure so will make sure Grayson has everything he needs

erowe1
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I expect Trey to outraise him or be close, that GOP function would have brought him a lot of dough and they dont want Rand that's for sure so will make sure Grayson has everything he needs

How much do you think he raised there? 200k? That leaves over 800k he would have to have gotten from other donors. I don't see it happening. And his 3 emails on the last day of the quarter sure looked desperate.

steined
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
How much do you think he raised there? 200k? That leaves over 800k he would have to have gotten from other donors. I don't see it happening. And his 3 emails on the last day of the quarter sure looked desperate.

I've heard rumor that the number was $150K at the bailout ball...

erowe1
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I've heard rumor that the number was $150K at the bailout ball...

That rumor has been reported here before. I don't know how reliable it is. But if it's true, then it's hard for me to believe he outraised Rand.

Matt Collins
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah it's a legitimate concern. We should not say we are ahead until the FEC filings.

freedoms-light
10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Wasn't Dave Adams blogging for Huckleberry in 2007/2008?
Maybe in KY that is not so bad. Didn't they kind of like Huck there?
I remember him writing positively about Huck back then..
Just hope he can be trusted. I think his blog had garnered some converts from
among Huck's supporters.

Matt Collins
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
I think his blog had garnered some converts from
among Huck's supporters.Huck won KY.

We need Huck's supporters to help Rand win. :)

Imperial
10-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Was there a fundraising link in the message?

I hope not. A good campaign knows that every message can't be begging for money. Otherwise, your mailing lists start feeling used and like they aren't really worth much to you. Then they begin to ignore the emails.

Matt Collins
10-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Was there a fundraising link in the message?

I hope not. A good campaign knows that every message can't be begging for money. Otherwise, your mailing lists start feeling used and like they aren't really worth much to you. Then they begin to ignore the emails.
CFL please take note! :(

amisspelledword
10-05-2009, 03:27 PM
cfl please take note! :(

qft.

hueylong
10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Rand needs to define himself as a person before his opponent. Not Issues, Persona.

Bowling Green Eye Doctor, Kentucky Taxpayer's Union Founder, Family Man, reliable Republican and Conservative.

He needs to make a personal connection with Republican Primary Voters, and define who he is first, so that there will be a backlash when the smears come.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-05-2009, 07:38 PM
When will we find out Graysons 3rd quater funding? The 15th?

They have to report with the FEC by October 15th. So no later than the 15th.

erowe1
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Wasn't Dave Adams blogging for Huckleberry in 2007/2008?
Maybe in KY that is not so bad. Didn't they kind of like Huck there?
I remember him writing positively about Huck back then..
Just hope he can be trusted. I think his blog had garnered some converts from
among Huck's supporters.

I looked back through his blog earlier today when somebody gave the link and it looked like he avoided endorsing anyone. But he did have a pro-Fair Tax post, in which he credited both Ron Paul and Huckabee for supporting it, and he also had some negative things about Huckabee in other posts, along with stronger negative things about Romney and McCain. Maybe he ultimately did endorse Huckabee in some later post that I missed. But Adams is definitely more of a fiscal conservative than Huckabee is, that was clear from what I could see. All in all it looked like a good blog. He didn't come out and endorse RP I don't think, but he definitely looked closer to us than I would expect for any given Republican activist with his background in the party. He seems like an ideal guy to be heading up the campaign.