PDA

View Full Version : We Need Your Help In Hardin, MT! - NOW!

disorderlyvision
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/109369

I just received this in an email...it's as current as one can get on this. Please contact the people listed below...phone numbers and email addresses are provided. THANK YOU!

This is an urgent message regarding our field trip to Hardin yesterday. It is imperative that we call the numbers indicated to demand answers about this situation. Our freedom and sovereignty depend on it. Dan and Mona along with Red Beckman will be interviewed tonight on the Patriots Hearts Network at 7:00pm Montana time. This is the link http://www.blogtalkradio..... Be sure to call in with your questions or comments.
Thank you,
(names removed)

Subject: Our Field Trip to Hardin

Go ahead and ask a question in town about the jail. You will find out shortly that the majority of these citizens have bought the story from American Police Forces hook line and sinker. They are selling bunny rabbits and rainbows. The word on the street is that APF has offered three Mercedes Black SUVs to the town of Hardin if they break the contract with the local sheriff's department. Then they only need to hire their own local city law enforcement. There is only one problem with this idea. They can't afford to hire these city police officers. In fact the town is so broke they haven't paid the sheriff's department in some time. APF to the rescue again, they will provide the funding. So if they really cared for the city why aren't they just paying the bill to the sheriff's dept.? Maybe because they can't control them. I think they are trying to buy the local city police force. Think about it?
Go check out the last three issues of the local paper The Big Horn news. We were set straight in there as soon as we mentioned the word APF. They are definitely not neutral on this issue. This newspaper seems to really be trying hard to debunk everything about APF.
APF has apparently gone door to door down town. They are enticing all the business owners with a homeless shelter, new jobs, animal shelters, $5 per prisoner per day, Free Mercedes police vehicles etc.
If you ask a question in town like, "where are the prisoners coming from?" It will no doubt elicit a response like, "they are going to provide 200 jobs and 80% will be locally hired". You can hardly believe the answers you will get. It is like everyone in town is a PR person for APF.
We went over to city hall and got the draft meeting minutes from the meeting where they voted 6-0 to stop the contract with the sheriff's dept. In these meeting minutes it clearly says that Two Rivers Authority signed a contract with APF. The minutes go on to state that they are going to amend the contract and re-sign it. Then it will be available for public viewing. Once the bond holders have signed as well. The Two Rivers Authority was created by the city of Hardin in 2004. So it is under Hardin City. When we requested the document from the city and Larry Vandersloot who is on the board of Two Rivers Authority we were denied.

We advised them of the Montana State Constitution Article II section 9

Section 9. Right to know. No person shall be deprived of the right to examine documents or to observe the deliberations of all public bodies or agencise of state government and its subdivisions.

They said to talk to their lawyers. Of course none of their lawyers are answering their phones. We then proceeded to the sheriff's office to file a complaint against Larry Vandersloot and the City. We were advised by the county attorney that we had a right to see the contract as soon as the bond holders had signed it. Why are they all hiding this document?

Look at Montana State Constitution Article II section 33

Section 33. Importation of armed persons. No armed person or persons shall be brought into this state for the preservation of peace, or the suppression of domestic violence, except upon the application of the legislature, or of the governor when the legislature cannot be convened.

This contract was signed by Two Rivers Authority in California with APF a California corporation. This was a huge blunder. They only want us to see the amended version, because they broke the Constitution by signing the first contract with a CA corporation. APF has filed with the Secretary of State to become a Montana corporation. That is in my opinion why they are waiting for a new amended version. They need the APF to be a Montana corporation before the contract is legal. We need to call the Secretary of State and ask her not to certify this corporation. They are doing everything they can to clean this thing up. Like taking the illegal Hardin City Police logos off of the Mercedes SUVs. Why weren't they arrested for impersonating police officers?

They seem to be breaking Montana State Constitution Article II section 8

Section 8. Right of participation. The public has the right to expect governmental agencies to afford such reasonable opportunity for citizen participation in the operation of the agencies prior to the final decision as may be provided by law.

How can we be told that we can only see the contract after it has been signed? That doesn't seem to uphold the Montana Constitution. There is no citizen participation in the contract process. Why hide it? If these guys are who they say they are, we have no problems right? If this contract is in the best interest of the citizens of Montana let us review it first.

We must act please call, write, email or visit these people and get that contract. Not the amended version, but the original. It's our Constitutional right to see those documents. Before they are finalized.

Thanks in advance for your participation

Al Peterson VP TRA
406-665-5304

Becky Shay Spokesperson for APF
406-665-7356

Larry Vandersloot Board Member TRA
Public Works Director

TRA Atty. Becky Convery
406-370-1682

Robert Snively
City Attorney
406-665-9275

Hardin City Hall
406-665-9292
406-655-9293

Big Horn County Attorney
406-665-9710

Big Horn County Sheriff
406-665-9780

Secretary of State
Linda McCulloch
406-444-2034

P.S. We did get a picture of one of the black Mercedes SUVs. The logo was removed. It is being driven around town without licensing or a dealer plate. No police enforcement on that either. It still has all the dealership info on it. House of Imports in CA. The prison is in town next to the IGA. The city and prison are outside of the reservation so regular state laws apply.

Also, the seriousness conveyed in the Missoulian article, http://www.missoulian.com..., is just the tip of the iceberg. You must contact these legislators immediately.

Here is a list of interim committee members. These folks need to be buried with calls/emails asking for a full investigation into the Hardin debacle and an explanation of why the committee has failed to tackle the issue at the last meeting when the subject was brought up by Rep. Ebinger and Senator Hinkle.

http://leg.mt.gov/css/Com...

Members emails:

Rep. Shannon Augare, Chair, shannonjaugare@aol.com
Rep. Ron Stoker, V. Chair, stoker@montana.com
Rep. David Howard, d.howard@usadig.com
Rep. Mike Menahan, mike@mikemenahan.com
Rep. Ken Peterson, kenneth59@bresnan.net
Rep. Bob Ebinger, buffalojump@imt.net
Senator John Esp, johnesp2001@yahoo.com
Senator Carol Juneau, csjuneau@3rivers.net
Senator Jesse Laslovich, jesselaz@yahoo.com
Senator Lynda Moss, lyndamoss@imt.net
Senator Jim Shockley, (406) 643-3817
Senator Greg Hinkle, ghinklesd7@gmail.com

output

More info:
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/109269

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/109124

tpreitzel
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Interesting ... I'll do some contacting via e-mail tonight and telephone tomorrow.

The e-mails are done for tonight ... Do you think Montana's constitution (rule of law) might actually take precedence over the wishes of the local mob, i.e. democracy at its finest? ;)

angelatc
10-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Even if the guy is a con man of immense proportions....if the people of Hardin want him to run the jail in their town, why should we fight against it? It is their town, isn't it?

justinc.1089
10-05-2009, 03:13 AM
I don't get what is going on with this lol! Can someone PLEEEEEEEEASE sum it up for me? Please?

kahless
10-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Granted, I do not know the details and looks like something that needs to be investigated. I however ask how important is this compared to political action against the health care mandate?

Maybe I missed it but this looks to be the first time in the forums that I see organized political action in Montana posted in these forums. Meanwhile Montana is the home of Max Baucus that is pushing mandatory health care with stiff penalities if you fail to participate. The guy has 10 offices there but no political action on something that effects everyone in the country?

Is this a diversion from that? As justin said, maybe someone needs to sum it up for us.

lynnf
10-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Even if the guy is a con man of immense proportions....if the people of Hardin want him to run the jail in their town, why should we fight against it? It is their town, isn't it?

because if someone has the proverbial wool pulled over their eyes, they at least deserve for someone like us to pull the wool up so they can at least see their fleecing

lynn

pcosmar
10-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Granted, I do not know the details and looks like something that needs to be investigated. I however ask how important is this compared to political action against the health care mandate?

Maybe I missed it but this looks to be the first time in the forums that I see organized political action in Montana posted in these forums. Meanwhile Montana is the home of Max Baucus that is pushing mandatory health care with stiff penalities if you fail to participate. The guy has 10 offices there but no political action on something that effects everyone in the country?

Is this a diversion from that? As justin said, maybe someone needs to sum it up for us.

I have seen stuff posted about Montana. 10th amendment issues and 2nd amendment freedom, they have been having some successes.
This is why I find this interesting. Why was a prison built??? A small town with little crime needs a large prison complex for what? It was unneeded and has been empty.
And it needs filling??? Who WANTS to fill a prison?? (possible FEMA,,possible Gitmo)
I would say that in itself is a Civil Liberties issue.
Now a private Police Force made up of Mercenaries is another question. History is full of stories of abuse by these agencies. In a Police State we really don't need more.

Razmear
10-05-2009, 07:55 AM
because if someone has the proverbial wool pulled over their eyes, they at least deserve for someone like us to pull the wool up so they can at least see their fleecing

lynn

These folks in Hardin are the same ones who thought it would be a brilliant idea to build a prison in order to stimulate the local economy, even tho they had no way to fill it, kinda 'Field of Dreams' meets 'Rendition' in their logic, so I have little pity for them if they get rooked by a con artist.

They should have taken 1/10th of the $27mill they wasted and built a giant plastic goat or something instead.

eb

constituent
10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
lol, paytriot radio.

i love the tone of these "updates." they're turning something that would make for good discussion into this complete dipshit hype. AND YOU'RE BUYING IT!!!!!

lol, "pharaoh" has entered the building.

constituent
10-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't get what is going on with this lol! Can someone PLEEEEEEEEASE sum it up for me? Please?

apparently "pharaoh" has arrived in Hardin, MT. apparently it's the beginning of the "end of days" all these clowns have been preaching about on AM radio for the last decade or so...

anyway, they're really invested in some spooky shit goin' down, and all the paranoia and the "known unknowns" make for great ratings.... so, here we are, still.

same story, nothing new.

same style of media hype we see on t.v., just a different spin (sorta).

pcosmar
10-05-2009, 09:33 AM
AND YOU'RE BUYING IT!!!!!

I use other sources.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1894373,00.html

The Montana Town That Wanted to Be Gitmo
By Pat Dawson / Hardin Sunday, May. 03, 2009
Two Rivers Detention Center

The coils of razor wire glint in the prairie sun like silver tumbleweeds piled against the tall chain-link perimeter fences of the forlorn Two Rivers Detention Facility in Hardin, Montana. Two years ago, the town (pop. 3,600) celebrated the completion of the state-of-the-art private jail capable of holding 464 inmates. Convinced that it would provide steady employment for over 100 locals, as well as accompanying economic benefits, the residents financed it through the sale of revenue bonds and turned it over to a for-profit prison-management corporation. On a 40-acre field at the edge of town where pronghorn antelope once grazed, they built it. But nobody came.

Hardin tried to recover. It sued the state for supposed mixed messages of encouragement — even though Montana prohibits the incarceration of prisoners convicted out of state. But though Hardin won the case, Two Rivers stayed empty and the $27 million of bonds went into default a year ago.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/10/we-posted-an-item-yesterday-about-a-secretive-california-security-company-called-american-police-force-that-was-set-to-take.html
Montana attorney general probes secretive American Police Force

APF raised eyebrows in town after Mercedes SUVs belonging to the company arrived bearing decals that read, "City of Hardin Police Department."

The company, and the city's economic development arm that has negotiated a deal with APF, refused to give details about its plans, including where it expects to get prisoners to put in the jail.

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I think I pretty much have this whole thing figured out except for one thing.
Who owes the mortgage and who's totin' the note on that fancy jail house?
Well I reckon thats two things.

constituent
10-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Well I reckon thats two things.

I believe it is a non-municipal development board that is toting the note. The real question is whose money the development board represents.

pcosmar
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM

The real question is who or what was behind the scenes at the Two Rivers Authority.
http://www.billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_1237a78a-a284-11de-bebf-001cc4c03286.html
Standing-room-only crowd packs council meeting in Hardin to hear details
Two Rivers official defends jail contract

Two Rivers Authority, Hardin's economic development arm, built the jail to bring jobs to the community and boost economic development. Hardin won a lawsuit against the state to allow it to bring out-of-state prisoners to the facility, but Two Rivers could not secure any contracts. The agreement with APF is the first such opportunity.
And more.
http://www.trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_b8aef927-ceb7-5129-a359-89369bb274a6.html

Hardin has no police force of its own, and anyone arrested in the town is housed in the Big Horn (Mont.) County Jail, which has expressed no interest in Two Rivers.

Jail backers then turned to out-of-state inmates, potentially a few hundred from Wyoming.

Responding to an inquiry from the Hardin city attorney, Montana's attorney general concluded late last year that jails like Two Rivers cannot take out-of-state inmates.
http://www.billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_4d8c2d36-a33f-11de-be33-001cc4c002e0.html
Hardin agency’s exec put on leave

The executive director of Two Rivers Authority has been placed on paid leave just days after the economic development agency announced a new contract that could fill its empty jail.

constituent
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
I use other sources.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1894373,00.html

The Montana Town That Wanted to Be Gitmo
By Pat Dawson / Hardin Sunday, May. 03, 2009
Two Rivers Detention Center

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/10/we-posted-an-item-yesterday-about-a-secretive-california-security-company-called-american-police-force-that-was-set-to-take.html
Montana attorney general probes secretive American Police Force

Stating the obvious makes your case for all of the hype how?

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I believe it is a non-municipal development board that is toting the note. The real question is whose money the development board represents.

You present the question much better than I.
Anyone else have an idea whose money this pokey represents?

MontanaRose
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I live in Montana and this has me really worried. They come in and tell these people anything to move this group of thugs in they need to go back to Ca. where they belong. Montana is losing all the reason to move there.

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:10 AM
IMHO, this money represents Blackwater wanting to expand to the West Coast area, by taking over a small town in Montana to own it completely. Reading through the several articles as I have been following this story for weeks, I am convinced that APF is a shell company of Blackwater, Inc. Same tactics, same deception. As ugly as you might imagine, this is uglier by far. :(

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I live in Montana and this has me really worried. They come in and tell these people anything to move this group of thugs in they need to go back to Ca. where they belong. Montana is losing all the reason to move there.

Great first post! and welcome to the Forums! ;)

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
lol, paytriot radio.

i love the tone of these "updates." they're turning something that would make for good discussion into this complete dipshit hype. AND YOU'RE BUYING IT!!!!!

Um, remember the Pinkertons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_National_Detective_Agency)?

Or how about Blackwater just randomly blowing away civilians in Iraq for jollies?

I doubt it's possible to "over-hype" this one. If there we ever a real "FEMA-camp" this is it. :(

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
You present the question much better than I.
Anyone else have an idea whose money this pokey represents?

another place to look would be grant applications filed by the the development board and public documents related to those...

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Its worthy of hype just in the way the deal has been handled.
Too small for a FEMA camp.
This was intended for GITMO detainees plain and simple but NOW it looks like the deal has fallen through.
Montana's not gonna allow it in my opinion.
Too bad and so sad for somebody.
So who is going to pay for the bad deal?
I'd almost bet that the City Council of Hardin might ought to be the first overnight guests in this fancy pokey.

constituent
Um, remember the Pinkertons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_National_Detective_Agency)?

Or how about Blackwater just randomly blowing away civilians in Iraq for jollies?

I doubt it's possible to "over-hype" this one. If there we ever a real "FEMA-camp" this is it. :(

i see what you're trying to do, but it doesn't work on me.

sorry.

Dieseler
another place to look would be grant applications filed by the the development board and public documents related to those...

I don't have the skills to investigate that, wish I did cause I bet it would solve this Scooby Doo Mystery.
Edit, gonna boil down to Federal Grants then I assume?

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM

No grants were used to build this prison AFAIK, just some rich guy from California who was born there and then moved west to the socialist utopia. Best I know the guy built it himself in the hopes of "saving the town" from bankruptcy, and then just gave it to the city. NOW this whole other group, APF comes in and says, "Well, I know YOU can't, but WE can afford to run it, and WE can even bring in the prisoners that you can't!"

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
i see what you're trying to do, but it doesn't work on me.

sorry.

I'm not "trying to do" anything. And take it from people who have laid eyes on the thing first-hand: it is NOT "too small" to be a FEMA Camp. It is enormous!

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Lol, I can think of a lot better ways to save a town than building a state of the art prison in it.
What exactly were they saving it from?

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Its worthy of hype just in the way the deal has been handled.
Too small for a FEMA camp.
This was intended for GITMO detainees plain and simple but NOW it looks like the deal has fallen through.
Montana's not gonna allow it in my opinion.
Too bad and so sad for somebody.
So who is going to pay for the bad deal?
I'd almost bet that the City Council of Hardin might ought to be the first overnight guests in this fancy pokey.

Hardin residents are not resisting like they ought to. They have been a bankrupt city for decades, and this looks like their only hope, so they are just fine and dandy with this, sad to say.

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
No grants were used to build this prison AFAIK

that's the practical equivalent of a red herring. my post suggested tracking documents related to grant applications filed by the development board, not grant applications pertaining to the construction of the prison. you really do have to separate these things.

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Lol, I can think of a lot better ways to save a town than building a state of the art prison in it.

30 years of complete joblessness and bankruptcy. The town was so small they had no crime, no police at ALL, nothing. I agree, a gigantic prison is a stupid way to 'save a town' but that the real history of the thing.

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm not "trying to do" anything. And take it from people who have laid eyes on the thing first-hand: it is NOT "too small" to be a FEMA Camp. It is enormous!

274 beds if I remember right, yeah, I think they will probably come out a lot cheaper using closed up Walmarts for FEMA camps than building state of the art prisons with a set number of cells and beds.

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:32 AM

You know who might have the answer?

The person (or land trust) that sold the land for the prison to be built on.

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
that's the practical equivalent of a red herring. my post suggested tracking documents related to grant applications filed by the development board, not grant applications pertaining to the construction of the prison. you really do have to separate these things.

I'm not sure Hardin MT works that way. Two Rivers Authority said to the rich guy, "OK, if you want to, you can expand this tiny unused prison in the hopes of bringing in MT State prisoners in to bring cash into the town" and so this rich guy just builds a gigantic prison.

You'd have to have actually seen Hardin MT to believe me I am sure. But I sincerely doubt that they do any sort paperwork on almost ANYTHING.

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:35 AM
274 beds if I remember right, yeah, I think they will probably come out a lot cheaper using closed up Walmarts for FEMA camps than building state of the art prisons with a set number of cells and beds.

Criminy, who said 274 beds???? does each prisoner get half a friggin football field to sleep in?????????????????????

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure Hardin MT works that way. Two Rivers Authority said to the rich guy, "OK, if you want to, you can expand this tiny unused prison in the hopes of bringing in MT State prisoners in to bring cash into the town" and so this rich guy just builds a gigantic prison.

You'd have to have actually seen Hardin MT to believe me I am sure. But I sincerely doubt that they do any sort paperwork on almost ANYTHING.

My one word response. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjecture)

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:40 AM
My one word response. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjecture)

Well, all you have is conjecture, at least I'm closer to the subject, and the person sitting 6 inches to my right has seen it first-hand, walked around it, and lives about an hour away in Missoula, and knows people-- even blood relatives --who actually LIVE IN HARDIN.

But hey, form your own conclusions! :rolleyes: rofl!

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Criminy, who said 274 beds???? does each prisoner get half a friggin football field to sleep in?????????????????????

GITMO man.
464 beds, my bad.

YouTube - MSNBC Hardin Montana For-Profit Prisons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_nOBts-OM&feature=related)

YouTube - CNN- Hardin Montana Prison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuztl982HI)

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, all you have is conjecture...

[shakes head]

Warning to the casual reader, or the person "sitting on the fence." As you begin to involve yourself with the "patriot community" or the "freedom movement," you can expect to encounter this sort of tactic more often than not.

Thanks for you time.

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Hardin residents are not resisting like they ought to. They have been a bankrupt city for decades, and this looks like their only hope, so they are just fine and dandy with this, sad to say.

So then we must go and force them to resist "like they ought to" for their own good? This is what you seem to be suggesting.

How does this make you any different than the meddlesome government that we are trying to fight?

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
[shakes head]

Warning to the casual reader, or the person "sitting on the fence." As you begin to involve yourself with the "patriot community" or the "freedom movement," you can expect to encounter this sort of tactic more often than not.

Thanks for you time.

OK, choose the conjecture from 'constituent' based on reading random articles on the internet, or the the conjecture from myself and MontanaRose, who have actually been there, and spoken to people who live there. :rolleyes: lol

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
So then we must go and force them to resist "like they ought to" for their own good? This is what you seem to be suggesting.

How does this make you any different than the meddlesome government that we are trying to fight?

Since the day I encountered you on these forums, all you have ever done is shove your own words into my mouth and then attack me for them. Says a lot about your character, IMHO.

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
GITMO man.
464 beds, my bad.

YouTube - MSNBC Hardin Montana For-Profit Prisons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_nOBts-OM&feature=related)

YouTube - CNN- Hardin Montana Prison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuztl982HI)

No way this facility would house less than 1200. Unless they have 1 barracks for every 8 chow halls?????

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:51 AM
OK, choose the conjecture from 'constituent'

What conjecture is that?

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Since the day I encountered you on these forums, all you have ever done is shove your own words into my mouth and then attack me for them. Says a lot about your character, IMHO.

yawn. i quoted you directly. keep digging.

from here on out, i'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

pcosmar
10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I am still looking into how they were "sold" on this idea.
http://www.bighorncountynews.com/archive/040606b.html

Detention center gains momentum with formal bid

By Dick Crockford
Big Horn County News
Momentum is picking up with this week’s approval of a Texas-based consortium as the provider of a 440-bed detention facility at Hardin.
The Two Rivers Authority board formally accepted the bid by CiviGenics and its partners, and the process of completing the necessary paperwork has begun, according to Dan Kern, economic development director for the City of Hardin. The project is expected to cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $26.5 million.
Kern said this week that he expects actual construction on the project to begin by early May, with completion estimated at about 14 months after that.
A Huston company, Hale-Mills, will be the general contractor for the project, Kern said, adding that representatives of the company would be in Hardin soon to scout out available housing and to begin hiring subcontractors.
Kern said he does not know yet how many workers will be involved in the construction of the detention center. It is estimated that when the “mega-jail” is completed and begins operation, 108 employees will be on the permanent payroll.
The “lion’s share” of those workers, he said, will be corrections officers, while other jobs will include such things as a warden and assistant warden, food service workers, administrative support personnel and other corrections-related employees.
Kern said that he, Ross Johnson and County Commissioner Chad Fenner toured a facility at Bracketville, Texas, that is operated by CiviGenics. Bracketville is located about 30 minutes south of Del Rio, Texas. With 340 beds, that detention facility is smaller than the one planned here.
Plans call for the Hardin detention center to be built on a tract of land north of 13th Street and east of where Big Horn IGA is located. The facility will be constructed as a single building with low-, medium- and high-security sections. The entire structure will be designed to high security standards, Kerr said. According to a site diagram, a fenced open area will probably surround the detention center.
Prisoner housing within the walls of the detention center will include mostly dormitory beds, with some single-bed and isolation cells as well.
Kerr also pointed out that financing for the project would come from “lease back” bonds, so the city would not be on the hook fiscally. When those bonds are repaid, the facility will belong to the city, through the Two Rivers Authority.
Approximately $26.5 million in bonds will be sold to cover the project development and construction costs, with none of the expenses being borne directly by taxpayers.
The detention center is not designed for long-term incarceration of inmates. Prisoners would be housed on a temporary basis. Kern has called it a “motel” for persons who are in the courts and corrections systems for whom case disposition has not occurred. For example, persons who are awaiting trial or who have been convicted but not yet sentenced might be housed there.
Besides direct employment benefits, other economic advantages for the community include spin-offs for existing local business, Kern has said previously, especially since it is believed that most of those who would be employed would be persons who already live in the immediate area or who would move here from elsewhere. The detention facility payroll would provide momentum for the local economy, he said.

Kern said he expects CiviGenics to organize job fairs and other employment outreach efforts, similar to the way employees for the new Hardin Generating Station power plant were recruited. He said employment announcement could likely be expected later this spring.

I am looking for the original "Music Man" that sold the Idea of a Prison that wasn't needed, as a "good idea".

constituent
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I am still looking into how they were "sold" on this idea.
http://www.bighorncountynews.com/archive/040606b.html

I am looking for the original "Music Man" that sold the Idea of a Prison that wasn't needed, as a "good idea".

now that is a good idea. what are your leads?

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Nothing about this deal was for the people of Hardin.
Poorest county in Montana and always has been.
Mr. Smith said so in the video above while being interviewed by Olbertard.
Hardin was an easy mark for somebody looking to make a fortune over night and it will come out who, why and how in the end.
This deal certainly wasn't put together to save the town of Hardin.
Here's a grand idea regarding the GITMO detainees.

Take them home.

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
What conjecture is that?

To begin with, that the furor over the Hardin Prison is just hype:

lol, paytriot radio.

apparently "pharaoh" has arrived in Hardin, MT. apparently it's the beginning of the "end of days" all these clowns have been preaching about on AM radio for the last decade or so...

anyway, they're really invested in some spooky shit goin' down, and all the paranoia and the "known unknowns" make for great ratings.... so, here we are, still.

same story, nothing new.

same style of media hype we see on t.v., just a different spin (sorta).

Stating the obvious makes your case for all of the hype how?

followed by the conjecture that someone funded this:

The reality is that Two Rivers Authority is planning on getting paid in perpetuity by APF in exchange for the land 'grant' which is really a lease.

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 11:01 AM
yawn. i quoted you directly. keep digging.

from here on out, i'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

"So then we must go and force them to resist "like they ought to" for their own good? This is what you seem to be suggesting." is not a quote, fucktard. It's a deliberate smear, and misrepresentation of what I am saying as you have always done every time I have the displeasure of trying to communicate with you.

if you are claiming that I am making a case that we need to go force people to do ANYTHING against their will, then QUOTE ME, jackass!

Because, just as you have done every other time, you just make shit up that you know everybody (including myself) will hate, then make a false claim that it is a direct quote WITHOUT QUOTING ME.

Truth be told it's liars and libelers like you who will be the death of this movement. At least MOST of us on RPF's have integrity.

constituent
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
The reality is that Two Rivers Authority is planning on getting paid in perpetuity by APF in exchange for the land 'grant' which is really a lease.

You do understand the difference between "toting the note" and "planning on getting paid," right?

Nevermind, you probably don't.

I realize you're ego tripping at this point and it's more about defeating me (and to this end you will pull out all stops) than actually advancing the discussion, so I'll leave you to your own devices.

edit:
(lol, see post above.)

GunnyFreedom
10-05-2009, 11:23 AM
You do understand the difference between "toting the note" and "planning on getting paid," right?

Nevermind, you probably don't.

I realize you're ego tripping at this point and it's more about defeating me (and to this end you will pull out all stops) than actually advancing the discussion, so I'll leave you to your own devices.

(lol, see post above.)

ROFL YOU are certainly one to talk on that topic!

constituent
10-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Returning to the story:

The other day, the following was suggested in the "Strangest Article..." thread,

TT&L (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2348544&postcount=240)

Note the following from the quoted text of the OP:

P.S. We did get a picture of one of the black Mercedes SUVs. The logo was removed. It is being driven around town without licensing or a dealer plate. No police enforcement on that either. It still has all the dealership info on it. House of Imports in CA.

If anyone can track down the public documents relating to the transaction of the # of Black Mercedes SUVs, there are probably some good leads there (well, maybe). If you can find the salesman, you might have a person you could talk to that has had some dealings w/ the company that may not necessarily be w/in their sphere of influence (but not necessarily).

Anyway...

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Interesting.
Mayoral Candidate.
http://www.bighorncountynews.com/archive/2009/week%2028/story2.html

"Mayoral candidate Carrie Smith says the group is here to help"
"Don't panic... Just go with the flow"

YouTube - APF Reactions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paP5UOk6GRA&feature=related)

constituent
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Interesting.
Mayoral Candidate.
http://www.bighorncountynews.com/archive/2009/week%2028/story2.html

"Mayoral candidate Carrie Smith says the group is here to help"
"Don't panic... Just go with the flow"

Which is exactly why people have to know how their municipalities work, and which offices hold what power when. Excellent find, thanks!

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Which is exactly why people have to know how their municipalities work, and which offices hold what power when. Excellent find, thanks!

Hey, no problem... I can't get this thing off my mind man.
Run across this and perused it a bit but didn't see a lot worth mention,
http://www.hardinmt.com/pages/council.htm

constituent
10-05-2009, 02:30 PM

I'm willing to bet that within the city charter is a provision granting the mayor "sole authority" to appoint/hire/etc. police officers or even ready-made police departments under any number of circumstances.

Dieseler
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm willing to bet that within the city charter is a provision granting the mayor "sole authority" to appoint/hire/etc. police officers or even ready-made police departments under any number of circumstances.

Mmm Hmm.
And I bet somebody was fixin' to make a chunk of change for offering a City Police Department in exchange for the usage of that new prison with the added perk of hosting GITMO detainees all at the same time.
I'm gonna leave it at that for now without making the call on just exactly who I think it was on "The Inside" in Hardin who stood to do well from it.
Gotta wonder how well they was gonna do, heh, some peoples nerve.
Saving the city my ass lol.

Wake up Hardin.
I may have it all wrong but I sure do smell some funky smoke.
Time will tell.

constituent
10-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Mmm Hmm.
And I bet somebody was fixin' to make a chunk of change for offering a City Police Department in exchange for the usage of that new prison with the added perk of hosting GITMO detainees all at the same time.
I'm gonna leave it at that for now without making the call on just exactly who I think it was on "The Inside" in Hardin who stood to do well from it.
Gotta wonder how well they was gonna do, heh, some peoples nerve.
Saving the city my ass lol.

Wake up Hardin.

It's been pretty cut-and-dry all along, imo. The sort of thing we see here happens all the time, this was just OUT THERE. Partly, I believe, because it was probably a scam from the word go.

(now, THAT is conjecture, but it's my guess either way.)

tpreitzel
10-05-2009, 04:49 PM

Indeed ...

pcosmar
10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Haven't found the "Music Man" or "Pied Piper" that started this Boondoggle. Local folks in the area may have a better idea, but it's not online as far as I have found.
I have found a little, including the financial backing.
The Two Rivers Authority was started in 2004 according to their site, and are self described as the Quasi-governmental devlopment arm of the city.
The earliest reference I have found is this,
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-121365665/hardin-mont-power-plant.html

Hardin, Mont., power plant to help area economic development.
The Billings Gazette (Billings, MT)
| August 28, 2004 | COPYRIGHT 2004 Billings Gazette. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)Copyright

Byline: Jan Falstad

Aug. 28--The noise from a power plant being built just north of Hardin is sweet music to Paul Green's ears.

As economic development director for the city of Hardin, Green is seeing construction dollars pumping life into Big Horn County and starting to offset the highest unemployment rate in the state.

"When I took over a year ago, the community had a really negative attitude," Green said. "The power plant is helping to change that."

MDU Resources -- and its subsidiary -- is building the $60 million coal-fired Rocky Mountain Power Plant scheduled to go on-line around Christmas next year.

Green doesn't just see one power plant by the boarded up Holly Sugar refinery, he sees a potential industrial park of 1,000 acres. Three months ago, he set up a tradeport called Two Rivers Authority to go after tax increment dollars to help build the city's infrastructure.

Tradeports have more options than regular economic development offices, he said.

The Financial backing was from Municipal Capital Markets Group Inc. Dallas, Texas.
http://www.helenair.com/news/state-and-regional/article_1a8ecb97-602f-52d1-accd-699b1bf1025c.html

Attorneys for the city of Hardin and Municipal Capital Markets Group Inc., a Dallas, Texas, investment banking firm that issued the $27 million in revenue bonds to finance the Two Rivers Regional Detention Facility in Hardin, will respond in writing to the draft legal opinion next week.

Michael W. Harling of Dallas, executive vice president of Municipal Capital Markets Group Inc., said the facility has $27 million at risk. That was the amount of the revenue bond issue, including $20 million for the construction, and to cover payments during a few months of transition before opening. Every day the jail isn't occupied it owes $7,000, he said.

the legal position, is questionable,

The draft opinion said: "The Legislature clearly intended to limit the authority of any correctional facility or governmental agency, other than the state through the Department of Corrections, to contract for the placement of Montana inmates out-of-state or to receive offenders from other jurisdictions."

It adds: "While the interstate exchange of convicted felons may be an acceptable practice in other states or facilities, it is not one that our Legislature has freely sanctioned."

I don't find anything about who's bright idea this was in the first place, but the Montana AG is asking questions.
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=157138

PatriotOne
10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Haven't found the "Music Man" or "Pied Piper" that started this Boondoggle.

Seems that the Municipal Capital Markets Group, Herbert J. Sims, et. al, were the original drum bangers for this prison...at least on paper. Montana's Legislative Audit Division wrote a memo giving the background of this facility:

http://www.cor.mt.gov/content/Resources/CorAdvCouncil/Archive/February2008/AuditorReport.pdf

pcosmar
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Seems that the Municipal Capital Markets Group, Herbert J. Sims, et. al, were the original drum bangers for this prison...at least on paper. Montana's Legislative Audit Division wrote a memo giving the background of this facility:

http://www.cor.mt.gov/content/Resources/CorAdvCouncil/Archive/February2008/AuditorReport.pdf
I did find a bit on Civi-Genics also,
http://www.privateci.org/rap_civigenics.html

A piece here and a piece there.

Folks in Hardin need to distance themselves from the Two Rivers Authority.

Dianne
10-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Name the place, and I'll be there... time to challenge them now before they get anymore power.... This cannot be successful... this should be our number 1 goal atm.. stop the police states !!!!! If they win, we lose...

PatriotOne
10-06-2009, 05:22 AM
I did find a bit on Civi-Genics also,
http://www.privateci.org/rap_civigenics.html

Did this catch your eye pco? I can't help but wonder if he is related to Erik Prince.

Folks in Hardin need to distance themselves from the Two Rivers Authority.

I say they need to be so close to them they can sniff their arses :p

tpreitzel
10-06-2009, 10:37 PM
"In the first place the problem is one for Hardin and Big Horn County. They got into the predicament with the prison because of prior State interference. The suggestion to the Committee was not to do something now, but to wait until the 18 December meeting and have a report. Hopefully the matter will be resolved prior to that. The Committee has no resources to investigate the matter or to do anything about it. The Attorney General who is the Chief law enforcement officer of the State and has the resources to investigate is the one to do so. I understand that he is doing that." - Ken Peterson HD 46

"The Interim Law and Justice Committee is sending a letter requesting information regarding the American Police Force plans for the facility in Hardin. The Attorney General has also requested information." - Lynda Moss

"There is not much at this point that the Legislature can do about the situation in Hardin. IMO the Governor has let the folks at Hardin down and now they are desperately trying to get something to work in their facility. Unfortunately, in their desperation, they were, IMO taken in by a fast talking con man. The light of day is beginning to shine on him and it should be a matter of days before the deal falls apart. It’s too bad the good people of Hardin have to go through all this, but it is what it is. Senator Essmann has been in Hardin in the last few days and has assured me that many of the rumors circulating in some of the e-mails are simply unfounded. Although life goes on as usual there, I’m sure they would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. If this does not play out as I expect you can rest assured I will do what I can to get to involve the Legislature in the situation." - John Esp

pcosmar
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
A little update to this story,
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/10/we-have-been-watching-with-fascination-the-story-out-of-montana-about-a-mysterious-security-company-called-american-police-f.html
Mont. jail deal with mysterious American Police Force unravels

Now it appears that the whole thing is unraveling. Greg Smith, the executive director of Two Rivers Authority, the Hardin economic development arm that signed the original deal, has now resigned reports the Billings Gazette. No reason was given for his departure. The TRA lawyer who structured the deal is also being replaced.

"We won't move forward," says Gary Arneson, president of the TRA, which owns the jail. "I don't think any of us want to be on the chopping block."

In another twist, the AP reports that an international security executive that local officials were told would run the jail, says that's not true, that he only had cursory conversations with Hilton about the position.

As for Hilton, the the San Jose Mercury News reports that a California judge has ordered him to appear in court later this month over an outstanding judgment in a fraud lawsuit. Stay tuned.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ifOx0LPKy5B_0KAyPHyNTEqdQz6QD9B6G31O1
Would-be Montana jail chief has theft conviction

BILLINGS, Mont. — A former Secret Service agent named as the would-be operator of a Montana jail and law enforcement training center served 14 months in prison for stealing money from the government.
Not much more news, looks like it is being investigated.

Alex Jones has an interesting side view on it. I might look into some.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/hardin-montana-may-be-staging-area-for-united-nations-civilian-police.html

Captain Mike Hilton may have been the public relations stooge decoy to focus people off Civilian Police, International.

PatriotOne
10-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Alex Jones has an interesting side view on it. I might look into some.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/hardin-m...an-police.html

Quote:
Captain Mike Hilton may have been the public relations stooge decoy to focus people off Civilian Police, International.

Personally, I think this is getting closer to the real story. I mentioned KBR and Wackenhut involvement in another thread the other day. KBR got the original contract to build detention centers in the U.S. and Wackenhut spun off a "security" company in the year the PR person Becky Shay mentioned their mysterious backers were formed.