emazur
10-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Nothing of substance in this article. "Blah Blah Blah Creator, blah blah blah"

Kotin
10-04-2009, 01:25 PM
what a sad little man..

max
10-04-2009, 01:33 PM
petty...small..self righteous...fanatical...overbearing....ENVIOUS little hypocrite...

negro-con tool of William Kristol

no wonder his daughter turned out to be a lesbian...

sad thing is....many Evangelical fanatics adore him

t0rnado
10-04-2009, 01:52 PM
It's funny how black people still vehemently follow the religion that their ancestors' slave masters forced upon them. Alan Keyes is an idiot who had his ego hurt because he couldn't get the Constitutional Party's nomination for President.

jmag
10-04-2009, 01:53 PM
So he is saying that the Ron Paul 'nationalists' are astray because they want liberty because it is right instead of wanting liberty because it is God's command. Okee dokee.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-04-2009, 02:56 PM
nt

Original_Intent
10-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I supported Keyes in 2000 and he is a complete embarrassment lately. Someone needs to chew his food for him.

SimpleName
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Shakespeare does it again! Keyes lives in the 16th century I think. No one talks like that anymore. And he wonders why no one pays attention to him.

Basically what I get out of that remarkably wordy article is that Keyes thinks people have no rights beyond what the Christian god wants them to have. I could be wrong as I never could bare reading Shakespeare, but it seems like he finds fault with that precious first amendment that he says he admires. You cannot have freedom without religious freedom. You can't hold an entire country up to your religion's standards and at the same time allow everyone to form their own religious or non-religious beliefs. Apparently me and the Buddhists don't have rights because we don't see our rights necessarily granted by a "creator." Keyes is dead on with some things, but all of his views are mostly grounded in religious mumbo jumbo.

I could have misinterpreted this whole thing, but maybe if he'd talk in modern day english it'd be a bit more clear. Forget all of his points. I think he is just jealous.

BuddyRey
10-04-2009, 04:21 PM
And Alan Keyes' opinion matters...why, exactly?

Deborah K
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I supported Keyes in 2000 and he is a complete embarrassment lately. Someone needs to chew his food for him.

This. I lost respect for Keyes when he disowned his daughter over her sexual orientation and anarchist views. Where's the love for individual freedom?

Matt Collins
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I still am not exactly sure what his point was, and I have read it over a couple of times.

lester1/2jr
10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
"And Alan Keyes' opinion matters...why, exactly?"

seriously

Bruno
10-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Nothing of substance in this article. "Blah Blah Blah Creator, blah blah blah"

thanks for saving me the time :)

justinc.1089
10-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Sounds like Keyes is saying he agrees with us, but thinks we're all wretched sinners, don't care about God, and do not understand like he does that we need a theocratic state.

Allan Bartlett
10-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Alan Keyes used to be good. Now he's just a hack political entrepreneur desperate to remain relevant. Mission not accomplished Alan.

Aratus
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
alan keyes is in all future biographies that will be written about barack obama for we know that our potus's
rise happens after a senate election in illinois. utilitarianism or libertarianism? jeremy bentham & john stuart mill
are not libertarians. representative ron paul boldly ran as the candidate in 1988 for the Libertarian Party!!!

Original_Intent
10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Alan Keyes used to be good. Now he's just a hack political entrepreneur desperate to remain relevant. Mission not accomplished Alan.

This sums it up for me exactly. I cannot think of a single politician I have been so disappointed in as Alan Keyes. He has a great intellect and I appreciate his commitment to fighting abortion. But he is a bitter broken man now as you say fighting to stay relevant.

Bucjason
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
petty...small..self righteous...fanatical...overbearing....ENVIOUS little hypocrite...

negro-con tool of William Kristol

no wonder his daughter turned out to be a lesbian...

sad thing is....many Evangelical fanatics adore him

negro-con ?? OUCH !:eek:

Jesubub
10-05-2009, 11:17 AM
There is no such animal as a Ron Paul Nationalist. It's an oxymoron.

lester1/2jr
10-05-2009, 01:44 PM
reminds me of this (http://www.takimag.com/article/athens_jerusalem/) piece by illeane mercer at takimag.

She basically tries to sell us on the idea that supporting Israel is conservative because they are "western" and arabs ...aren't. (which to me argues against Israel's existence perfectly)

tron paul
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
reminds me of this (http://www.takimag.com/article/athens_jerusalem/) piece by illeane mercer at takimag.

She basically tries to sell us on the idea that supporting Israel is conservative because they are "western" and arabs ...aren't. (which to me argues against Israel's existence perfectly)

Leonard Peikoff and the Randroids have been pushing that line since before 9/11. But they went on tour to push it afterward.

specsaregood
10-11-2009, 11:55 AM
From DiLorenzo's book pg. 281

In another WorldNetDaily column, Alan Keyes (chairman of the Declaration Foundation) labeled all Lincoln critics as "pseudo-learned scribblers" with an "incapacity to recognize moral purpose", who display "uncomprehending pettiness" and are "dishonest" and "ignorant".

So Alan Keyes is a lincoln-lover, that makes sense then on why he doesn't like limited government people.

And the "Declaration Foundation"....well this should tell you all you need to know about them:
http://www.declaration.net/ed/notes21.asp

Americans of all regions and many political persuasions rightly revere Abraham Lincoln. He is the pre-eminent example of a statesman who took his bearings from the Declaration of Independence. He understood, and followed, both the letter and the spirit of the Constitution. And he died a martyr to the cause of human dignity and liberty. Accordingly, his words and deeds merit study as a model of how to serve the Republic in our times. His patient, firm resistance to the evil of slavery can illuminate our resistance to the moral equivalent of slavery in our day--contempt for life.