PDA

View Full Version : Project HARPO

constituent
09-30-2007, 08:02 PM
This idea was discussed in Bradley's weekend thread. Pretty simple.

When Ron Paul sales a cookbook off of his website he makes money. So everyone buy a cookbook right? One for yourself, your siblings, parents, and grandparents right?

Well here is the catch, it is a new fundraising idea that will act as a double
edged campaign sword. 1) Raising Money and 2) Specifically targeting audiences
that would be in our camp but for the media's deliberate stearing of "popular"
opinion.

What we do (and a little graphics help would do wonders) is create a new graphic
thermometer style, that we attempt to fill w/in a set amount of time. When the
"whatever" fills, it will represent the purchase and shipping price of 1,000 books.
These books will then be hand delivered to a certain daytime tv talkshow hostess'
studio in Chicago. Enclosed in each book will be a personalized letter from you (us) to one of Oprah's audience members.

She's sided w/ Obama, we won't sway her, so how's about we drop the partisanship and extend the olive branch to her guests, viewers, etc...

kill 'em with kindness.

Couple this with Make Ron wriststRONg, and we no longer have to wait for
media/publicity.... we'll own it.:D

LibertyEagle
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
And you're thinking Oprah will just hand them out to her guests on national TV, or what?

Corydoras
09-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Why her? Why not Colbert?
Actually, I don't get why at all.
:confused:

deedles
09-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm thinking the Chicago meetups could get out there wherever the studio audience queues up while waiting to get in. Some literature, some signs, some smiling Ron Paul faces... just because Orpah says so doesn't mean her audience can't be lobbied successfully.

On a personal note: I am thoroughly tired of Orpah. She loves herself so very much and can't pass up an opportunity to let everyon know that.

Bleechh. If there were a 'throwing up' smiley available, it would be here*

constituent
09-30-2007, 09:05 PM
LibertyEagle:

That is exactly right.

Why not Colbert? B/c we're already working one angle with colbert. these are
seperate but equal parts of a media bombardment, hitting different markets altogether, and going about achieving one end using two different (specifically tailored) routes.

We write an open letter to Oprah.... all the spammers come out and spread the letter... press releases, all that jazz. we're extending the olive branch... she's not going to just swat it away. And it is a gift for her to give to all of her guests, employees, and audience members... from our family to hers. Americans to Americans... Mothers to mothers... on down the line.

constituent
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm thinking the Chicago meetups could get out there wherever the studio audience queues up while waiting to get in. Some literature, some signs, some smiling Ron Paul faces... just because Orpah says so doesn't mean her audience can't be lobbied successfully.

On a personal note: I am thoroughly tired of Orpah. She loves herself so very much and can't pass up an opportunity to let everyon know that.

Bleechh. If there were a 'throwing up' smiley available, it would be here*

THIMNK!

RP4ME
09-30-2007, 10:40 PM
i dont think oprah woudl allow it but if she want oprah itd be great

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 10:57 PM
We should get RP people in her audience to heckle her.

constituent
09-30-2007, 10:59 PM
naah... 'cuz that won't win any votes. if she refuses them and we make a stink we win and she looses. if she accepts them, we all win.

if we don't do anything, Obama wins.... 4 more years (of war)! 4 more years (of war)!