PDA

View Full Version : Do all evangelicals see Israeli Jews as superior race than Palestinian Arabs?

Liberty Star
10-03-2009, 06:32 PM
This is not the argument just heard from some fringe extremists but many evangelical leaders - part of so called base of GOP - seem to brandish such views in halls of Congress. In some estimates, upto 1/3rd of US evangelicals held such views during recent wars.

Where do such seemingly illogical beliefs come from? Is there any Biblical basis for such views? Does the term "chosen" translate to "superior" really?

This is important issue for our national security and economic welfare, I don't think we'lll get out of wars mess, arab economic boycotts and recessions at home unless we started supporting racial equality between arabs and jews in their land disputes in holy land.

Ian A.
10-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Politicians and the Government have a financial and military interest in Israel, so that would be a huge factor.

Another would be an interpretation of the book of revelation, where Israel would become incredibly powerful, and then be utterly destroyed. So when CBN talks about supporting Israel, they're only doing so because they want to speed up the process of the nation getting blown up!

I find this interpretation to be utter nonsense, and it shows how dumb Christian leaders today have become. The support of Israelis, like the Crusades, and the War on Terror, can be used very effectively for financial gain.

Eric Arthur Blair
10-03-2009, 09:27 PM
short answer is yes they spout what Jews have told them to think. Judaism is a racist religion. Jews are thought to believe they are superior to all others. They call you a goyim which is a Jew word for beast, the reason you don't know this is because over 90% of the media is controlled by Jews including this site.

Don't believe me than look it up. Say it and in America they call you a Nazi and get you fired from your job. Here in Europe they put you in Jail. Soon like in Russia when they took over the country after the 1917 revolution any criticism of Jews was punished with the death penalty. We're all Palestinians now, including Christian Zionists.

MR2Fast2Catch
10-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I am a Christian and I despise the church for not speaking out more on foreign policy. Back when I was supporting Ron Paul in his presidential bid, most of my Christian friends were on board with Mike Huckabee or John McCain. It blows my mind, that so many Christians support all these wars, Iraq, Afghanistan, and especially Israel. I think Israel is fully capable of defending itself.

This is why I was such a strong supporter of Ron Paul. He was the only candidate who stood up for a "Christian" foreign policy. That is, a humble foreign policy of friendship and diplomacy. Trying to explain this view of foreign policy to my Christian friends is like trying to teach calculus to a 5 year old. Even when I point out that Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers."

So frustrating...

GBurr
10-06-2009, 10:09 AM
The Evangelical movement believes that the Jews are God's chosen people. For that reason and because the Jews are used by God during the end times evangelicals are happy to remain ignorant to what is truly happening in the middle east. I talked to a fellow Christian yesterday that gave her full support to Israel, but doesn't know how or when the nation of Israel was reestablished.
She tried to rationalize why it was ok for Israel to target civilians. She ended up telling that she had taken many bible history classes and I needed to read my bible more.

The conversation ended there.

pcosmar
10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
No.
Many.
Not all.

Aratus
10-06-2009, 10:21 AM
if one is very militant & protestant, is one trying to identify the 144,ooo teacher/converts
that Revelations more than hints at??? its not all jews, arabs or israelis... its the very few.

amy31416
10-06-2009, 10:47 AM
short answer is yes they spout what Jews have told them to think. Judaism is a racist religion. Jews are thought to believe they are superior to all others. They call you a goyim which is a Jew word for beast, the reason you don't know this is because over 90% of the media is controlled by Jews including this site.

Bryan? Josh? You have some 'splaining to doooooo! :eek:

I know, I know--they're probably busy because this is Sukkot, I'm sure they'll be back to ban you as soon as they cap off their celebration with the rejoicing of the Torah.

ItsTime
10-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Bryan? Josh? You have some 'splaining to doooooo! :eek:

I know, I know--they're probably busy because this is Sukkot, I'm sure they'll be back to ban you as soon as they cap off their celebration with the rejoicing of the Torah.

It has already been discussed they are Talibanic mosad super terrorists

PaulineDisciple
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
No, but since a system of theology that is only 150 years old known as dispensationalism has popularized the idea that the Jews can still lay claim to that piece of real estate in the middle east, we have this unfortunate effect of most evangelicals supporting Israel even if they are in the land apart from an acceptance of Jesus as their messiah and their unjustified acts against the Palastinian people. I happen to be in a small minority of evengelicals know as Postmillenialists, where we see the New Testament expand the land promise to the whole world, and the means of conquering the world is through the preaching of the Gospel (good news) and teaching all peoples to obey King Jesus, AKA, the great commission. Therefore the land promise God made to the Jews in the Old Testament was only until the Christ came to draw all nations unto Himself, in which the Jews should have converted and understood it in this way. The Jews that were faithful to God, the Apostles and their followers, obviously understood it in this way and they acted on this belief by bringing this Gospel (good news) to the whole world. The Old Testament promises eluded to this when God told Abraham that through him all nations would be blessed. And what was inplicit in the OT becomes explicit in the NT, Romans 4:13 "For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith." Matthew 5:5 "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth".

John Darby is usually cited as the originator of this new system of theology, dispensationalism, with this peculiar interpretation of the Bible but I have found that if a person has some of his critical thinking skills left after having it hammered out of him throught the public school system, it is usually easy to demonstrate that this understanding of the Bible must be imposed on the Bible since so many passages make the historic understanding of the land promise to Israel as I have outlined fairly clear.

amy31416
10-06-2009, 11:14 AM
It has already been discussed they are Talibanic mosad super terrorists

Yes. And reptilians.

YumYum
10-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes. And reptilians.

Hey! Watch it!! I like reptilians!:)

erowe1
10-08-2009, 07:28 AM
This is not the argument just heard from some fringe extremists but many evangelical leaders - part of so called base of GOP - seem to brandish such views in halls of Congress. In some estimates, upto 1/3rd of US evangelicals held such views during recent wars.

Where do such seemingly illogical beliefs come from? Is there any Biblical basis for such views? Does the term "chosen" translate to "superior" really?

This is important issue for our national security and economic welfare, I don't think we'lll get out of wars mess, arab economic boycotts and recessions at home unless we started supporting racial equality between arabs and jews in their land disputes in holy land.

No. In fact, in my life of being surrounded by conservative evangelicals, including mainly those who believe that the ancient nation of Israel was God's chosen nation, I have never heard a single one espouse the belief that modern Israeli Jews are a superior race to Palestinian Arabs, nor have I heard any of them express anything remotely close to that. I have encountered that kind of thinking from nonchristians, but never from Christians.

YumYum
10-09-2009, 10:53 AM
No. In fact, in my life of being surrounded by conservative evangelicals, including mainly those who believe that the ancient nation of Israel was God's chosen nation, I have never heard a single one espouse the belief that modern Israeli Jews are a superior race to Palestinian Arabs, nor have I heard any of them express anything remotely close to that. I have encountered that kind of thinking from nonchristians, but never from Christians.

Then why did ex-Speaker of the House, Tom Delay, who is an Evangelical, say: "Israel first, America second"?

erowe1
10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Then why did ex-Speaker of the House, Tom Delay, who is an Evangelical, say: "Israel first, America second"?

The question was about belief in a superior race, which your quote does not address. I don't know anything about that quote, and I doubt that Delay actually said that, or that if he did it 's out of context (which could also happen if I accuse you of saying the same thing, which would be a true charge, since you did type those words). But I think the attitude it expresses (an attitude that is commonly exhibited by politicians in both parties) clearly because of the influence of zionist lobbying of our politicians. Evangelical Christians have very little to do with that (though you might occasionally see videos posted of silly irrelevant individuals like Hagee that are made to appear that evangelical Christians are an important factor in this). Check out The Israel Lobby, by Mearsheimer and Walt and pay attention to who's behind it. Of all the groups that comprise it, the avowedly Christian ones aren't anywhere close to the most influential in Washington. In fact, I would argue, the Hagee types have almost no influence in Washington at all, and that it's the zionist politicians who are pulling Hagee's strings, and not the other way around.

JoshLowry
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
They call you a goyim which is a Jew word for beast, the reason you don't know this is because over 90% of the media is controlled by Jews including this site.

Gornischt von helfen!

Agnapostate
10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm inclined to believe so. The consistent evangelical, while perhaps not stooping to judgments about individual Jews and Arabs, is likely to have the "virtuous Jews versus evil Arabs" perception in his mind because of the Old Testament's depiction of the Jews as God's chosen people as opposed to the Angel of the LORD's prediction to Hagar that Ishmael, father of the Arab nations, "shall be a wild man; His hand shall be against every man, And every man's hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren." Combined with the fact that the majority of Arabs have adopted Islam, a religion regarded as a perversion of the Judeo-Christian monotheistic tradition by the large majority of evangelicals, some bias is likely to exist.

Flash
10-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Yes. They believe the Ashkenazim race is supreme over all races. Due to so-called high IQs of the Jews.

revolutionisnow
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm inclined to believe so. The consistent evangelical, while perhaps not stooping to judgments about individual Jews and Arabs, is likely to have the "virtuous Jews versus evil Arabs" perception in his mind because of the Old Testament's depiction of the Jews as God's chosen people as opposed to the Angel of the LORD's prediction to Hagar that Ishmael, father of the Arab nations, "shall be a wild man; His hand shall be against every man, And every man's hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren." Combined with the fact that the majority of Arabs have adopted Islam, a religion regarded as a perversion of the Judeo-Christian monotheistic tradition by the large majority of evangelicals, some bias is likely to exist.

The OT talks of Judahites and Israelites, which are very different from "jews". The first time "jews" is mentioned is in II Kings 16:6, and that is talking about how they are at war AGAINST the jews.

" At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day."

Flash
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
The OT talks of Judahites and Israelites, which are very different from "jews". The first time "jews" is mentioned is in II Kings 16:6, and that is talking about how they are at war AGAINST the jews.

" At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day."

Yep. The ancient Israelites themselves were most likely related to Egyptians and/or Sumerians. "Jew" orginally meant inhabitants of Judea.

torchbearer
10-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Yep. The ancient Israelites themselves were most likely related to Egyptians and/or Sumerians. "Jew" orginally meant inhabitants of Judea.

yup, and the Israelites were from the kingdom of Israel.
Jews and Israelites were from two different nations.