PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore's MPAA Conspiracy

Knightskye
10-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Teens - once again they've stuck me with an "R" rating! Cuz of 3 F bombs! They don't want u to see this. You know what to do. And I approve!

Teens - once again they've stuck me with an "R" rating! Cuz of 3 F bombs! They don't want u to see this. You know what to do. And I approve!
http://www.twitter.com/mmflint

I thought he liked regulations. :D

micahnelson
10-03-2009, 06:09 PM
He likes regulations, not censorship.

To head off the window lickers, if you think banning a teen from seeing a movie and banning a corporation from hiding economic data is the same thing you are a barrel of hammers.

Knightskye
10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
He likes regulations, not censorship.

To head off the window lickers, if you think banning a teen from seeing a movie and banning a corporation from hiding economic data is the same thing you are a barrel of hammers.

So, you think economic liberty and personal liberty are two separate things?

Also, once the movie comes out on DVD (or some other format), all you need to see it, is a credit card.

Or, you know, Moore could put the movie up on his website and people wouldn't need to go to a movie theater to see it.

If anyone's preventing people from seeing the movie, it's Moore himself.

RSLudlum
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Or, you know, Moore could put the movie up on his website and people wouldn't need to go to a movie theater to see it.

Exactly!! If it's so damn important, why doesn't he follow FEE and Mises Institute's lead and offer the material online for free viewing and distribution?

specsaregood
10-03-2009, 09:06 PM

Indeed. He wants to use their venues for distribution; but complains about their rules. If he doesnt' like em, he can find his own ways to distribute it. But those methods might not make as much $$$ for him...

KramerDSP
10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I tweeted this to him. I bet he won't reply.

KramerDSP - @MMFlint You complain about MPAA rating for what reason? If your movie is so important, why not air it for free on your website? Oh. $ rite?

damania
10-03-2009, 10:07 PM
There's no way Michael Moore's movie deserves a R rating. At worst it's PG-13. I've seen worse that PG.

And have you noticed they changed the wording of a rated R movie? "No one under the age of 17 admitted without parent". Parents used to be plural.

roho76
10-03-2009, 10:11 PM

KramerDSP - @MMFlint You complain about MPAA rating for what reason? If your movie is so important, why not air it for free on your website? Oh. $ rite?

You should have said "Why do you complain about the same thing that's made you rich?"

Knightskye
10-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Indeed. He wants to use their venues for distribution; but complains about their rules. If he doesnt' like em, he can find his own ways to distribute it. But those methods might not make as much $$$ for him...

Bingo.

itshappening
10-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Michael Moore is the biggest hypocrite in the WORLD.

coyote_sprit
10-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Michael Moore is the biggest hypocrite in the WORLD.

Is that literally, figuratively or both?

jsu718
10-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Garden State got an R rating for the same reason... Zack Braff made exactly the same complaint as this. It's no conspiracy. 2 F-bombs = R rating.
http://gardenstate.typepad.com/zach_braffs_garden_state_/2004/08/g_is_for_gay_go.html

Some of you have been asking about the rating. Just so you all know, your government doesn't believe a 16 year old should hear the word "fuck" more than twice in a 2 hour period. The second you say "fuck" twice in a movie your film becomes "R". No exceptions. Pretty crazy, huh? You can blow someone's head off, but 2 fucks makes you unwatchable for someone under 17. Unless they have their parent there to explain it to them. "Mom, I understood the first use of the word fuck, but what's with the second - give me guidance please. I've heard one fuck before, but ever since I heard the second one I've had this insatiable desire to rob a liquor store and refer to all women as "ho's".

Anyway, that's why the movie's R. There is a brief shot of a breast - not mine don't get all excited - but it's because of the "one fuck" rule.

Knightskye
10-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Garden State got an R rating for the same reason... Zack Braff made exactly the same complaint as this. It's no conspiracy. 2 F-bombs = R rating.
http://gardenstate.typepad.com/zach_braffs_garden_state_/2004/08/g_is_for_gay_go.html

Of course, it could have been all that nudity:
http://www.kids-in-mind.com/g/gardenstate.htm

Dreamofunity
10-04-2009, 12:50 PM

At first I thought he meant pirate and download it, but then he wouldn't make money from it, so I'm assuming he means sneak in.

ClayTrainor
10-04-2009, 03:40 PM
At first I thought he meant pirate and download it, but then he wouldn't make money from it, so I'm assuming he means sneak in.

How would he make any money from sneak-ins?

SimpleName
10-04-2009, 04:40 PM

:D Great! The MPAA is not an actual government body. They run along the lines of the RIAA. Maybe they get government money. I don't know. But the ratings are not forced. If a studio doesn't want to submit to the MPAA ratings system, they don't have to. Of course, releasing a movie without a rating is something these studios look down upon. Makes them look bad and makes it harder for distribution I guess. Michael Moore could've just gone about distributing the movie himself and gone without the rating. But why would he do that? Guess he wouldn't make the profits. Scumbag!

Dreamofunity
10-04-2009, 04:54 PM
How would he make any money from sneak-ins?

lol he wouldn't, I didn't think it through.

I was thinking buying a ticket to a PG-13 then sneaking into the R, which would still make money for the movie theatre which kind of threw me off, but that doesn't give him money.

Do you think he meant pirate the film?

angelatc
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM

http://www.twitter.com/mmflint

I thought he liked regulations. :D

Based on local field research involving a test group of 12 teen boys, apparently teen boys are far more interested in "Zombieland" (also rated R) than a MM documentary.

angelatc
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
lol he wouldn't, I didn't think it through.

I was thinking buying a ticket to a PG-13 then sneaking into the R, which would still make money for the movie theatre which kind of threw me off, but that doesn't give him money.

Do you think he meant pirate the film?

Yes, because he also advocated pirating his last one, the health care film.

Dreamofunity
10-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Yes, because he also advocated pirating his last one, the health care film.

In something I was listening to earlier today he talked about that and sounded pissed, but that might just be because it was leaked early.

He should just release the film himself.

angelatc
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
In something I was listening to earlier today he talked about that and sounded pissed, but that might just be because it was leaked early.

He should just release the film himself.

He said it was ok to pirate the first movie: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/4301

ClayTrainor
10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Yea, michael moore is good on IP issues :)

Dreamofunity
10-04-2009, 06:14 PM
He said it was ok to pirate the first movie: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/4301

I had just googled that and was going to post it :P

Yea, michael moore is good on IP issues :)

"I don’t agree with the copyright laws and I don’t have a problem with people downloading the movie and sharing it with people as long as they’re not trying to make a profit off my labour."

Hm, he gained some respect for that, but that's all negated by his other beliefs.