PDA

View Full Version : A Growing Concern. Don't Lose Site of The Message.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 03:49 PM
"I'm not going to donate to candidate 'A' because their race isn't as important and I don't think he/she can win."

This statement is so contrary to what this r3VOLution is all about. Yes, we have all heard "You play to win" or something equivalent. Even when George Snuffalupogous asked what "Success" meant for Ron Paul, Dr. Paul responded, "Well, to win." At which he got back, "That's not going to happen."

Dr. Paul has stated many times that he did not want to run for President. It was only the persistance of people around him that eventually persuaded him to. "I was a skeptic" he said. In the end, Ron Paul did not "win" the Presidency. However, he has fueled something far more powerful than one man or one political position could ever hope to contain.

It was the message that brought us all here. It was the message that convinced us to stay. It is the message the drives us today. I fear, though, that some of us are loosing focus of The Message. We have become mildly distracted by the honey of political gains that we are beginning to forget that political gains are not the goal. They are a result.

Our goal is to spread The Message. remember...?

YouTube - Ron Paul "The High Tide" Campaign For Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e26FhQo_2JY)

Now some of you may say if all we do is spread The Message, we are destined to fail from political inaction. This argument is a total trap. As if we are all armchair r3VOLutionaries. The Message itself will fuel political action. Ron Paul didn't become a global celebrity because of who he is, but because of The Message he so loudly and bravely proclaimed.

Most of us will not be able to donate to all of the Liberty candidates this election. That is fine. Our poverty, however, should not stop our support and unceasing drive to get them all elected.

Think about it.

justinc.1089
10-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I disagee with you somewhat. The idea that you should support someone with virtually no chance to win only applies when there is no better alternative. Ron Paul's campaign did eventually at one point gain a significant chance to win. It was never nearly as high as the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place candidates, but still he got much further than most other candidates.

There is no reason though to support a candidate that has a 3% chance to win when you have other candidates polling at like 30%, and you have limited resources. Since your resources are limited, you should put them on your best bet. Thats just simple logic.

If there was only one candidate, then you should support them even if they face an impossible election because well they're your only shot period. But why would you do that when you have other candidates that do have a decent shot to win?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I disagee with you somewhat. The idea that you should support someone with virtually no chance to win only applies when there is no better alternative. Ron Paul's campaign did eventually at one point gain a significant chance to win. It was never nearly as high as the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place candidates, but still he got much further than most other candidates.

There is no reason though to support a candidate that has a 3% chance to win when you have other candidates polling at like 30%, and you have limited resources. Since your resources are limited, you should put them on your best bet. Thats just simple logic.

If there was only one candidate, then you should support them even if they face an impossible election because well they're your only shot period. But why would you do that when you have other candidates that do have a decent shot to win?

understand that I make a distinction between "support" and "donation". You don't have to spend a dime to support someone.

justinc.1089
10-03-2009, 04:33 PM
understand that I make a distinction between "support" and "donation". You don't have to spend a dime to support someone.

We're in agreement then.;):D

I think mainly donations are the only way to sometimes not support one candidate, but pretty much all other ways that I can think of can usually be used any time in any situation.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 04:39 PM
We're in agreement then.;):D

I think mainly donations are the only way to sometimes not support one candidate, but pretty much all other ways that I can think of can usually be used any time in any situation.

I was able to get plenty of free RP08 campaign materials. Not to mention how easy it is to plaster someone's face/name/website all over the internet. We need to help these guys out as much as we can. Time is the biggest contribution anyone can give.

justinc.1089
10-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah thats very true.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
bump for spreading the Message

Sandman33
10-27-2009, 04:01 PM
I really liked that short clip.

Thank you very much.

evilfunnystuff
10-27-2009, 04:12 PM
im bumpin the message out this way and am looking forward to seein a few liberty candidates make their way into office in the not to distant future and showin support for all of them regardless of "electability"

YouTube - Ron Paul - Electability - Censored by Fox 1-10-08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlacFmRGPgI)

dr. hfn
10-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Donate this November 5th!!!

idirtify
10-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Regarding your vote and who you support and why; don’t forget the long term. You don’t have to base it on THIS election. May I say that every vote and activist act for RP in 08 made huge inroads into getting his message materialized into the NEXT election.