PDA

View Full Version : The 10,000-$100 club...

jrice
10-03-2009, 12:58 PM
With the activities of the campaign and with the attention raised by $1 mil in a single quarter - can we rally 10,000 folks to give $100 dollars in a single day to show we can raise 1 million in a single day???

I know I know.... here come the "moneybomb" haters and other opinions.... and I welcome everyone's thoughts, but here's why I think this can work.

Rand has said they have 12,000 individual contributors. Given the momentum of the campaign and the fact that many of these aren't anywhere near being maxed out on donations - I think we can make a real shot at 1 mil in a single day.

If we can get 10,000 to donate $100 - there is your million. If not that, if we could only get 75% of the donors (which is 9,000) to donate the ~average donation of $80 - there is your $720 grand to put Rand right at his target of 2 million raised to run a successful primary battle.

I say we need to pick a date that is early December to allow plenty of time to promote and prepare. Need a site. And so on....

Thoughts?

Arklatex
10-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm down if there is an inspiring you tube and theme for it, I think that is key.

Let's do a million in one day.

specsaregood
10-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I think it is possible to do; but.....

Nothing will inspire more donations from here on out as much as the possibility of a win and the campaign spending the money wisely. One the first statement lets see what the next polls show us, I can't help but think they will be positive. on the second, It is obvious that Rand is working his butt off to get this nomination and is a penny-pincher. It might encourage more donations if the campaign gave the grassroots insight into what they are going to spend the money on. They may want to keep it secret -- for obvious reasons -- but at the same time, laying out specific goals/projects for raising money could generate interest.

jrice
10-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Looks like we a consensus.

I guess we need the following:

1. DATE?

2. SITE?

3. PROMO VIDEOS?

#2,3 are out of my realm, but I suggest December 1st.... no real reason, its just between thanksgiving and christmas and easy to remember.... 12/12 might work too?

Input/Thoughts?

jrice
10-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I think Rand has make it clear that he has made a goal of rasing 2 mil for the primary race - both on the main site and in some of his comments.

I trust the campaign to spend it - and spend it wisely.

I agree that a better performance in the next poll would galvanize our efforts in a number of ways.

brandon
10-03-2009, 02:00 PM
I think this is a good Idea. Early December works for me....or December 16th.

Ignore the haters.

MRoCkEd
10-03-2009, 02:06 PM
The Schiff moneybomb will probably be around December 1st for planning purposes

skyorbit
10-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Frankly, I think Rand's wrong.

I think he's going to need closer to $5 Million for the Primary.

It's going to take a lot of money to buy our side of the debate once the establishment spin doctors get rolling.

We need to try and raise $2 Million this quarter.

And $3 Million the next, IMNSHO.

Tracy

Jeremy
10-03-2009, 02:28 PM
New Years Eve or January prly

brandon
10-03-2009, 02:46 PM
New Years Eve or January prly

So Rand shouldn't plan a single money bomb for the entire next quarter?

Fail...

Early December is best.

Austin
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM

Fail...

Early December is best.

New Years Eve would be Q4. :o

erowe1
10-03-2009, 02:57 PM

Rand shouldn't plan any money bombs at all, ever. Money bombs, like real bombs, have always proven most effective when their targets had no hand in the planning of them.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Rand shouldn't plan any money bombs at all, ever. Money bombs, like real bombs, have always proven most effective when their targets had no hand in the planning of them.

lol QFT!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 03:00 PM
why can't the Nov 5th moneybomb be Rand's million dollar day?

Jeremy
10-03-2009, 03:01 PM

Fail...

Early December is best.

putting it near the schiff moneybomb would be a horrible idea

if you want it to be big you can't do that

and the schiff bomb already has some momentum and will gain a lot more when peter releases his campaign (could be a few weeks now)

brandon
10-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I think there are different groups of people that donate to both candidates. I don't think they have that many common donors that it will make a big impact.

jrice
10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Nov 5th doesn't leave us as much time as early Dec.

I like 12/12? What is siginficant about 12/16?

OK, fine Schiff has the 1st - fair enough... Please lets don't turn this into a Rand vs Schiff vs Kokesh vs etc! I have donated to all of these candidates.

Stay focused please - Rand Paul Money Bomb for this qtr - Thoughts Ideas?

Jeremy
10-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I think there are different groups of people that donate to both candidates. I don't think they have that many common donors that it will make a big impact.

most of it at this forum is overlap

bew2005
10-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I live in Kentucky and received an automated call from Rand yesterday on my cell phone. I do not know if they got my number from one of the CFL lists, Ron Paul lists, or from my donatoins to Rand Paul, but they called me. It is possible it was a cold call - it was hard to tell. Either way, I was glad to get it :)

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Nov 5th doesn't leave us as much time as early Dec.

I like 12/12? What is siginficant about 12/16?

OK, fine Schiff has the 1st - fair enough... Please lets don't turn this into a Rand vs Schiff vs Kokesh vs etc! I have donated to all of these candidates.

Stay focused please - Rand Paul Money Bomb for this qtr - Thoughts Ideas?

12/16/2007 was the aniversary of the Boston Tea Party, and Ron Paul's largest money bomb of the campaign :D

Welcome to the r3VOLution!

jrice
10-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I hate that I missed out on that - I was late arriver to the revolution and came just in time to cast a vote in the primary...

12/16 Re-Tea Party - I like it - theres lots of good material for promotional use - Originial Tea Party stuff... Rand spoke at this event 2 years ago on this date (as I have seen)... sounds like a no brainer...

12/16 Tea Party/1 million for Rand? Party like its 1773?

Michigan11
10-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I hate that I missed out on that - I was late arriver to the revolution and came just in time to cast a vote in the primary...

12/16 Re-Tea Party - I like it - theres lots of good material for promotional use - Originial Tea Party stuff... Rand spoke at this event 2 years ago on this date (as I have seen)... sounds like a no brainer...

12/16 Tea Party/1 million for Rand? Party like its 1773?

I like the Tea Party date as well, it gives us plenty of time to promote while Rand climbs in the polls. I also think by then Rand would already have close to 20,000 donors who have contributed by learning about his run for senate. So our potential base of donors could easily push us past the million mark by then.

tpreitzel
10-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Here we go again. Two factions * of the same group, supporters of Ron Paul and his message of restoring constitutional liberty, vying for the same month. The assertion that two disparate groups support Rand and Peter is simply laughable. Personally, I think the majority of members here can see through this selfish nonsense.

* I suspect a small number of people not even worthy of being labeled a faction.

MR2Fast2Catch
10-03-2009, 05:13 PM
We have to do this on 12/16. Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, and Ron Paul's $6 million money bomb. Let's continue the tradition as we continue the r3VOLution!. Who else agrees on 12/16? It gives us a couple months to plan ahead and promote, which is key to a successful money bomb. We can't expect money bombs to be effective if we only plan them a month in advance.

Also, it's gotta be a no brainer that Schiff/Paul/Kokesh are receiving donations from the same supporters. Obviously some people are going to choose one or the other if they can't afford it, but we can't ignore the fact that most of the money bomb donaters are the same for all 3 candidates. This does mean we should spread them out a little, but I'm not sure to what extent.

justinc.1089
10-03-2009, 05:17 PM
We need a multi-candidate moneybomb on the 16th for the Boston Tea Party.

Schiff's December 1st moneybomb needs to be moved to the 16th to be a part of that.

We could promote to the tea party protesters and if it caught on with them there is no way to predict how much money we could potentially raise.

People don't care about one little senate race. They don't want to donate to that.

They do want to donate to a presidential campaign though, or to take back the entire senate.

Getting tons of donations is all about the perception of the promotion. People think of one senate race as small, and not that important, but if they perceive that they are donating to take back the entire senate they will want to donate to be a part of something that big.

Plus a multi-candidate moneybomb would promote competition between Paul supporters and Schiff supporters, resulting in even more money raised for both of them.

Or we can just go on with the money bomb every other week situation we currently have. I mean Schiff has one on a random date, Dec. 1st, and you guys think you can have a successful one a week or two after that?!

These guys are getting donations from like 50%-80% of the same people. And having money bombs within a couple of weeks of each other does NOT work.

We absolutely CAN still have huge moneybombs, but only if they are ORGANIZED. People MUST stop just randomly planning moneybombs because they feel like it. That is destroying the effectiveness of them.

If we planned a multi-candidate money bomb with plenty of time with NO money bomb for ANY candidate before it happened, it could be huge.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 05:18 PM
how many people donated to the original 12/16 money bomb? was it about 58k or 59k??

itshappening
10-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree 16th December for Rand would be perfect AND he should have a big rally/tea party in Louisville

FSP-Rebel
10-03-2009, 05:48 PM
I agree 16th December for Rand would be perfect AND he should have a big rally/tea party in Louisville
I'm all for this^.

Arklatex
10-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm down with the 16th - it'd be an easy one to promote with obvisous theme - it turned out good last year didn't it? Lets do a million on the 16th!!!

jrice
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm still not sold for the multiple candidate deal.... I like the idea with Rand doing the 16th and I'll help promote the fire out of it.

If someone wants to jump onboard and promote other candidates on that day I can't tell you not to - but I also see the idea that the impact is diluted in doing so....

Others please chime in...

bolidew
10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Rand better shows us that he knows how to spend money to improve his poll number.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-03-2009, 07:28 PM
The next money bomb for Rand Paul must be in the fourth quarter (ends: December 31, 2009.)

MRoCkEd
10-03-2009, 07:44 PM
schiff dec 1
rand dec 16
?

Austin
10-03-2009, 08:25 PM
schiff dec 1
rand dec 16
?

That's similar to what I was hoping for.. I would rather have Schiff for the 5th so there is more time in between.. assuming we follow that plan, we are looking at:

November 5th: Multicandidate Bomb
December 1st: Schiff Bomb
December 16th: Rand Bomb

MRoCkEd
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
That's similar to what I was hoping for.. I would rather have Schiff for the 5th so there is more time in between.. assuming we follow that plan, we are looking at:

sounds good..

Brett
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Rand bomb on 12/07 please. (although 6/04 is technically more appropriate, we'll just have another one then).

grizzums
10-03-2009, 10:32 PM
The thing that pisses me off in the msm lately (and I don't have cable so I see very little) is that the whole 'Tea Party' mantra that has been brewing up with this whole Healthcare debate has been partially hijacked and attributed to the FOX News Republican establishment crowd when it was...no IS US, the 'LIBERTY" crowd that brought back term with OUR Revolution...which is more than a revolution in the country, its a revolution within the party.

I agree with the 16th of Dec (and yes, I'll still be donating to Schiff)....a million dollar day from Dr. Rand on the 16th will rightly attribute and put the term, 'Tea Party' back in the hands of the folks who deserve it.

JMHO

FSP-Rebel
10-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Rand bomb on 12/07 please. (although 6/04 is technically more appropriate, we'll just have another one then).
Not even a week after Schiff's bomb... Plus, the date has no significance. Please think that one over. 12-16 is perfect, Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party and breathing room from the Schiff-bomb (most peoples' next pay cycle and crucial timing), can't beat it.
Am I missing something here?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Not even a week after Schiff's bomb... Plus, the date has no significance. Please think that one over. 12-16 is perfect, Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party and breathing room from the Schiff-bomb (most peoples' next pay cycle and crucial timing), can't beat it.
Am I missing something here?

no, you aren't missing anything

jrice
10-04-2009, 08:46 AM

Perfect everyone's happy and all candidates bankrolled!

UNLEASH THE WARRIORS OF LIBERTY! Who will do the site???

MRoCkEd
10-04-2009, 08:58 AM

Stormcommander (and I) will put together the site for Schiff on the 1st.

Someone else can put together the one for Rand (Josh, Trevor?)

skyorbit
10-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I'd prefer Josh. If he's willing.

Tracy

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Does it still make sense to have Schiff and Rand included in the Nov 5th moneybomb since they get their own dedicated mbs a month later? I'm not necessarily against it, but i wanted to ask.

skyorbit
10-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Yes.

They're the 2 most credible, most viable candidates. Most of the rest on the November 5th website, is throwing money away IMHO -- unless all you care about is helping some of the others spread the message.

Tracy

RonPaulFanInGA
10-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Does it still make sense to have Schiff and Rand included in the Nov 5th moneybomb since they get their own dedicated mbs a month later? I'm not necessarily against it, but i wanted to ask.

Yes, they're the two most viable and credible candidates. A Kokesh/Harris/Medina bomb ain't likely to generate any real excitement. Also, there could be a 'trickle-down' effect where the lesser candidates do better because of Paul and Schiff's involvement.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Yes, they're the two most viable and credible candidates. A Kokesh/Harris/Medina bomb ain't likely to generate any real excitement. Also, there could be a 'trickle-down' effect where the lesser candidates do better because of Paul and Schiff's involvement.

very good point

KCIndy
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM

Agreed!

I like the timing of this setup. Plenty of time to save some money to donate to all three events. I would also agree that Rand Paul and Peter Schiff be left on the Nov. 5th drive for several reasons: it helps build excitement, it fosters competition among the donors to see who can get their guy higher, and with any luck it will also introduce additional donors to other freedom candidates they may have been unaware of.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Well, I am ready to get to spamming. Let's get Rand Paul's December 16th money bomb site up and going (Trevor? Josh?). The sooner the better.

Matt Collins
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM
If we are going to shoot for $1 million in a single day, I think it should wait until March or April.

We can do another smaller money bomb in Q4 perhaps but people won't be really paying attention until things heat up in February/March time frame.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Just do December 16th and make the goal simply as much as possible.

jrice
10-04-2009, 09:48 PM
If we are going to shoot for $1 million in a single day, I think it should wait until March or April.

We can do another smaller money bomb in Q4 perhaps but people won't be really paying attention until things heat up in February/March time frame.

If we can get 10,000 to donate $100 - there is your million. If not that, if we could only get 75% of the donors (which is 9,000) to donate the ~average donation of $80 - there is your $720 grand to put Rand right at his target of 2 million raised to run a successful primary battle.

I guess we have to have a target.... but even if we only get close we still fund the campaign.

specsaregood
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Agreed!

I like the timing of this setup. Plenty of time to save some money to donate to all three events.

I'm not so sure. This is right before christmas when a lot of people will be spending their extra $$$ on worthless crap from china.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not so sure. This is right before christmas when a lot of people will be spending their extra $$$ on worthless crap from china.

Didn't stop Ron Paul from having his biggest money bomb on December 16th, 2007....a Sunday even.

jrice
10-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm telling my wife all I want for Christmas is to take all the money she was going to waste on stuff for me and give it to this campaign.

justinc.1089
10-05-2009, 03:33 AM

I'm not thrilled with Schiff being on the 1st so close to Rand's, or the multi-candidate bomb not being the 16th, but I'm satisfied to compromise with this.

At least we're trying out a multi-candidate moneybomb this way.:D

I think the multi-candidate money bomb should include 8-10 candidates. The main ones being Paul and Schiff with huge widgets displaying the totals they have both currently raised that day live on the website to promote competition between each other.

Then have two other people with smaller widgets like that below Paul and Schiff to encourage donations to them, but not as much as Paul and Schiff, maybe Kokesh and someone, I'm not a fan of it being Harris, maybe David Gay if he is running? He seems to have a really good chance to win and needs a moneybomb if he runs.

I think the site should be setup something like this:

Paul Widget Current $ Raised Schiff Widget Current $ Raised

Kokesh Widget Current Raised Gay or Harris Current Raised

Click here to donate to
Click here to donate to
Click here to donate to
Click here to donate to
Click here to donate to

and a live combined amount total ticker here to the right or in the middle