PDA

View Full Version : Why are neocons still lurking around military generals?

Liberty Star
10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Did anyone watch Iraq military update hearings on CSPAN yesterday. I caught the final part, there were sobering details given about military suicides and contractor electricutions in Iraq among other things. There were two questions about Iran and distribution of Iraqi oil revenues. At the end of hearings, CSPAN cameras were still rolling when notorious neocon Bill Kristol jumped on the scene from somewhere and shook top military general's hand.

Why the hell these proven liars are still allowed in top policy making circles, wasn't that supposed to change after Obama election?

KCIndy
10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Why the hell these proven liars are still allowed in top policy making circles, wasn't that supposed to change after Obama election?

I'm guessing it may be for reasons similar to the one that made Obama leave Robert Gates in the SecDef post - wham! No questions asked.... What that reason is, exactly, I don't know... but I would love to find out. Is someone else pulling the strings?? :confused::confused:

Liberty Star
10-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Civilian leadership has the responsibility to make the final decisions looking at the macro environment picture including military generals views and non-military factors. Obama's handlers seem to divided on Afghanistan and leaning towards not sending more troops but holy land lobby elements want to "keep Iran surrounded" for their ulterior agenda probably want to send more troops there to keep hopes alive for next war despite deep recession that they have caused already. These agents of foreign lobbies should have no place in policy making sessions that should focus primarily on American public's interests.