PDA

View Full Version : What Does Ron Paul Do Every Day?

Geronimo
09-30-2007, 07:03 PM
At Ronpaul2008.com there is a list of upcoming events. Yesterday's Family Walk in NH was mentioned there. There were a few NH newspapers who reported on the rally who went on to mention that Ron would also be making 2 other appearances in NH during the day. The website never mentioned any other appearances, and there was no information through any local meetup groups.

I'm not saying that Ron didn't make 2 other appearances in NH yesterday, but if he did why weren't any of us notified? Since there are so many people devoting their free time to getting Ron Paul's name out there, I can't help but wonder what Ron does with his spare time. If I were him I'd be all over NH. Anyway, my point is that I think it'd be nice to be fully informed about every appearance he makes. I don't need to know what he's doing on his days off. Although, I do tend to wonder, it's really none of my business. But out of curiosity, does anyone know what he's doing in the next five days?

Oct 06
Event 1: A Private Briefing with Ron Paul
Nashville, TN
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CT

Event 2: Tennessee Rally
Nashville, TN
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CT

Event 3: Gun Rights Policy Conference
Drawbridge Inn and Convention Center, Ft. Mitchell, KY
6:30 PM – 10:00 PM ET

Oct 09
CNBC/Wall Street Journal Presidential Debate
Ford Community and Performing Arts Center, Dearborn, Michigan
4:00 PM ET

Oct 12
A Private Evening with Ron Paul
New York City
7:30 - 10:30 PM ET

BW4Paul
09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Erm... isn't he serving his TX District in the House of Representatives? I would imagine that this particular job involves lots of bill-reading, policy-studying, economic-tracking, etc.

steph3n
unlike some of the other candidates he makes it to his elected job :)

Ron Paul Fan
Not sure what he did in New Hampshire, but the next few days he's probably taking a little break. He needs it and deserves it. He'll probably spend some time in Washington working at his other job.

fj45lvr
09-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Hopefully praying....."ask and ye shall recieve"

I would like to see this be some kind of an epic scenario like Moses having to keep his arms raised to win the Battle!!!!

austin356
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I think its great he is taking a rest (if that is the case); But I always question whether he should continue to spend so much time in DC. He will accomplish little to nothing there, but out on the trail he can continue to change the world.

Sakimoto
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Perhaps he is doing his job as a Congressman? You do realize his real job isn't running around the country, right?

Geronimo
09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I do realize that Ron has other responsibilities. I just think it's important that we're informed of every move he makes in regards to his campaign. The fact that there were 2 other appearances in a small and important state like NH yesterday, makes me wonder why this kind of stuff isn't posted on his website.

bbachtung
09-30-2007, 07:39 PM
One of RP's appearances in NH was private; it was a presentation and reception at Dartmouth's medical school, closed to the press, in which he spoke with medical students and faculty.

steph3n
09-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Nice.

Good to see the Dr is not forgetting his life career (not that he'd do that!)

I am really hoping for some medical endorsements of him, but not sure that will happen

One of RP's appearances in NH was private; it was a presentation and reception at Dartmouth's medical school, closed to the press, in which he spoke with medical students and faculty.

Geronimo
09-30-2007, 07:44 PM

Thanks for that info.

tmg19103
09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
The rest RP REALLY needs is the two or three days before the Oct 9 debate.

He needs to rest, relax and prepare for that debate as it should be the most watched to date. I love how he does not pander in debates, but he needs to be focused. I just watched some out-takes from the May South Carolina debate and he was awesome. To the point. Focused. Assertive but not angry. No stumbling or searching for words. If he can duplicate that debate with some new short, hard hitting clarification points on some of his complicated issues - THIS debate could be worth $20 million in free advertising. This won't be a Fox debate, so one can hope for some fair questions and hopefully some decent facetime.

For that reason, I think he needs to anounce strong 3Q numbers no later than Oct 5 to really gain legitimacing that could lead to more camera time for the debate.

After that, he needs to start camping out in Iowa and even more so in NH. I know he really wants to do his job in D.C., but I'd prefer he not do it at all (I know he won't so that) over the next several months so he can focus on winning or finishing strong in early primaries. The key is to make it to the convention with either RP as the winner, or more reasonably - NO clear cut winner and have RP take it at the convention with Republicans realizing he is the only shot to beat Hillary.