PDA

View Full Version : Great segment on G20 protests vs Tea Parties on Daily Show

BenIsForRon
10-03-2009, 07:41 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-1-2009/tea-partiers-advise-g20-protesters

A neat side note, the guy banging on the big silver drum in the middle of the shot at 3:30 is an anarchist I had a class with last year. Had a lot of interesting discussions with that dude, he was very behind what YAL was doing on campus!

carmaphob
10-03-2009, 08:37 AM
roflmao!! The lady with the 45 caliber Jesus was right!!! lol

bg1654
10-03-2009, 11:01 AM
ROFL! I dont think they could have picked a better group of tools to represent the Tea Partiers. The holster with a cross in it nearly killed me.

BillyDkid
10-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, funny stuff. Thing is, the world is so complicated that people practically end up protesting against themselves. What I mean is it's so hard to get a bead on things that, with the exception of some specific issues, what people feel is a sense of the wrongness of everything, but can't really identify it's source so they fail around and latch onto whatever they can. That is what makes Ron Paul's message so powerful - it's really only about personal liberty and freedom is popular with everybody - except those who want to control others. Even the federal reserve issue comes down to liberty. He who controls the money controls lives.

raiha
10-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Thing is, the world is so complicated that people practically end up protesting against themselves.

Having just watched that, its the best idea I've heard all year.

BenIsForRon
10-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Bumping for the weekday crowd. Really funny segment, shows how the Tea Parties are sterilized protests that don't really threaten the establishment.

mczerone
10-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Having just watched that, its the best idea I've heard all year.

Some sample rally signs:

"Don't give us power!"

"We're the problem, not the solution!"

"I want you to do the opposite of what I ask!"

"Restrict freedom to rally!"