PDA

View Full Version : Richardson announces $5.2M raised Q3

stevedasbach
09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070930/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_fundraising;_ylt=ApxxlDwaUjSPUJLQj7mhCSNh 24cA

"WASHINGTON - New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson raised about $5.2 million for his Democratic presidential bid during the last three months, bringing his total fundraising for the year to more than $18 million, his campaign said Sunday.

The numbers could solidify Richardson's position behind the three top-polling and top fundraising Democrats — Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton and former Sen. John Edwards."

Also, Thompson has reportedly raised $8 million.

Man from La Mancha
09-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Minus what they spent??

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't want to create a new thread.. when do we find out the numbers??

Zydeco
09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
So this means Richardson is down from his $7 million from last quarter.

Will be interesting to see if anyone besides RP is up over Q2.

Perry
09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't want to create a new thread.. when do we find out the numbers??

15th of October.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
15th of October.

Do you think Ron Paul will disclose before then? damn.. curiosity is killing me

LibertyEagle
09-30-2007, 07:16 PM
He released them early last quarter. But, he did it in a big interview with Stephanopoulus. Unless he has a similar big interview coming up soon that we don't know about, I wonder if they will release them early. We'll just have to wait and see.

I know though, it's killin' me too. :)

Bradley in DC
09-30-2007, 07:18 PM
He released them early last quarter. But, he did it in a big interview with Stephanopoulus. Unless he has a similar big interview coming up soon that we don't know about, I wonder if they will release them early. We'll just have to wait and see.

Give them a little time to process and deposit the cash and paper checks at least!

Phil M
09-30-2007, 07:19 PM
The best strategy is try to get the million dollar fundraiser to get some mainstream attention, then two weeks later release the rest of it. That way we get exposure twice. However, the mainstream press hasn't picked up on it yet.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Sheesh. RP is going to be taking in money right up until midnight. In fact, I'm sure a bunch will come in at 12:01 that won't be able to be counted. I can't imagine releasing figs before the quarter closes.

pdavis
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM

He could release the numbers the day of the CNBC debate on October 9.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Ron Paul should declare 20 million now.. then say "oops" later after all the media attention lol

richard1984
09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Give them a little time to process and deposit the cash and paper checks at least!

It's also funny because the quarter hasn't even ended yet (still have about two hours and ten minutes left :rolleyes:).

How probable is it that Ron Paul will out raise Richardson?

Suzu
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Why doesn't the quarter end when it's midnight in the westernmost state (Hawai'i)?

smtwngrl
09-30-2007, 08:09 PM
From Ron Paul's September 22 email:

At the end of the second quarter, on August 1, we had more money than McCain, and we got a million dollars worth of free publicity.

This time, we can get 10 million dollars worth, IF we have good results to announce on October 1, and therefore the resources to build for the future.

While everyone has been speculating about how long we will have to wait to find out, I find myself wondering about this. Am I reading too much into it? :D

If the numbers are good, why not announce it right away and grab some attention? They don't have to have every mailed in donation added up to have an estimate. Some of the candidates announced their approximate amount raised early, and then gave more specific info once they had all the figures together. And with so much focus being on the online drives for the last two weeks, perhaps the Campaign have already got most of the mailed in ones added up.

Of course, the ideal would be to announce it during a tv interview. :)

Too bad we didn't think about this ahead of time, we could persuade someone to interview him on October 1 or 2.--like Tucker or Jon Stewart.

Corydoras
09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Why doesn't the quarter end when it's midnight in the westernmost state (Hawai'i)?

There's American Samoa...
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx
:o

steph3n
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
could just mean meeting the 500k/1mil goal is the "announcement on oct 1"

From Ron Paul's September 22 email:

While everyone has been speculating about how long we will have to wait to find out, I find myself wondering about this. Am I reading too much into it? :D

If the numbers are good, why not announce it right away and grab some attention? They don't have to have every mailed in donation added up to have an estimate. Some of the candidates announced their approximate amount raised early, and then gave more specific info once they had all the figures together. And with so much focus being on the online drives for the last two weeks, perhaps the Campaign have already got most of the mailed in ones added up.

Of course, the ideal would be to announce it during a tv interview. :)

Too bad we didn't think about this ahead of time, we could persuade someone to interview him on October 1 or 2.--like Tucker or Jon Stewart.