PDA

View Full Version : Palin effect - McCain manager predicts Palin could prove 'catastrophic'

lynnf
10-02-2009, 08:38 PM
this guy ought to know - he saw behind the scenes! Palin would need astronomical improvement to be a viable candidate.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

excerpt:

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign warned Friday that Sarah Palin could lead to a 'catastrophic' election result for the GOP in 2012 if the former Alaska governor captures the party's presidential nomination.

"I think that she has talents," Steve Schmidt, the former campaign manager of McCain's failed presidential bid, told CNN's John King. "But my honest view is that she would not be a winning candidate for the Republican Party in 2012, and in fact, were she the nominee, we could have a catastrophic election result."

---------------------------------

lynn

Original_Intent
10-02-2009, 08:49 PM
So who will be the bigger catastrophe - Palin or Obama? Since TPTB don;t really care who wins anyway....Barack vs. Sarah could really open things up for a solid third party.

Aratus
10-03-2009, 08:04 AM
is mccain's manager actually backing jeb bush? right now we have sarah palin, mike huckabee or mitt romney as frontrunners...

TinCanToNA
10-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Palin channeled Ron Paul recently. I can't be 100% cynical all the time, so I say that there is some hope for her. Perhaps...

Liberty Star
10-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Is she still channeling Iraqi freedom massive deficit spending and patriot act or she has also made a Glenn Beck style apology?

I liked her bailout spending argument though, "it has to be all about job creation too". Marvellous.

Light
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Palin channeled Ron Paul recently. I can't be 100% cynical all the time, so I say that there is some hope for her. Perhaps...

Palin might have had some good tendencies prior to being McCain's running mate, however, she is now in the hands of neocons and probably does not think independently at all. She is the neocons' new puppet, and the Republican Barack Obama (as in a politician that is more celebrity than statesman/woman). Beware of Palin and the honeyed words prepared by her new neocon handlers.