PDA

View Full Version : NYT interview w/ Ron Paul on 'End the Fed'

emazur
10-02-2009, 07:56 PM
http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/02/the-fed-fighter-dealbooks-ron-paul-interview/

Q.

So how close are you in convincing members of Congress to “end the Fed”?
A.

They are not ready. They are only going to study it when they see the collapse of the dollar. Although the dollar is collapsing, it’s not happening fast enough for them to think about currency reform. They are talking about financial system reform with all these regulations that will make it worse, but they aren’t anywhere close to dealing with the currency issue. If they think they can double the money supply in a year, they aren’t close to talking about sound money.

That being said, I am excited that now at least people are beginning to take a look at the Federal Reserve. I am very positive about how the college kids have taken to reading Austrian economics. To me it is remarkable that 75 percent of the country said that we should limit the Fed, when a couple years ago they didn’t even think about it.

We now have every Republican on the audit bill and 119 Democrats, so it is very positive that attention is directed toward the Fed.

Bruno
10-02-2009, 08:11 PM
It is really remarkable. Who was talking about the Fed 2 years ago? Not many.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-02-2009, 08:16 PM

Indeed.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-02-2009, 08:39 PM

didn't know what it was, even after seeing die hard 3 a bunch of times

mello
10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Does anyone have a link to the uncut interview?