PDA

View Full Version : Union rejects Michael Moore's free tickets in protest

ronpaulhawaii
10-02-2009, 07:46 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/union_teaches_michael_moore_lesson_sCK9AXSEsqhAtwp yoUkv5K

Michael Moore, champion of the working class, used non-union stagehands to film "Capitalism: A Love Story." The porcine provocateur is promoting his anti-Wall Street jeremiad by giving free tickets to unions, but the American Federation of Teachers has turned them down because Moore didn't hire any members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees...

LMAO

Kotin
10-02-2009, 07:46 PM
hahaahahaahaha!!

Cowlesy
10-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Unions remind of me squirrels...squirrels with rabies....entitled squirrels with rabies.

TinCanToNA
10-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Wait a minute? Are you saying that the intellectually bankrupt can be hypocritical? Never woulda thunk it :rolleyes:

ronpaulhawaii
10-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Unions remind of me squirrels...squirrels with rabies....entitled squirrels with rabies.

I'm certainly no fan of unions, but the IATSE guys in HI were great. Gave me a lot of work and never pushed me to join. In fact, they would tell me not to, because of various internal political BS.

LibertyWorker
10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
No good deed go's unpunished.

dannno
10-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm certainly no fan of unions, but the IATSE guys in HI were great. Gave me a lot of work and never pushed me to join. In fact, they would tell me not to, because of various internal political BS.

So the union can profit from hiring non-union, but Michael Moore can't :confused:

ronpaulhawaii
10-02-2009, 10:07 PM
So the union can profit from hiring non-union, but Michael Moore can't :confused:

What I used to do (before the r3VOLution) is highly specialized, dangerous, and involves a high stress level (A high rigger who flies humans) There just are not a lot of people with my skill set and I was even hired to work on the 75th Academy Awards, on a union set, without being a union member. I got paid a LOT of money for this work and the profit margin for the unions was negligible.

I loved the work and miss it more than I miss HI, but what I do now is much more satisfying