PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Military Display: Female soldiers!

Reason
10-01-2009, 09:41 AM
YouTube - China shows military might at anniversary celebration - 1 Oct 09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Lt_vFZ73k)

Andrew Ryan
10-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Impressive

2young2vote
10-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Thats a pretty big parade.

Dreamofunity
10-01-2009, 11:13 AM
That's crazy.

muh_roads
10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
- A powerful military.
- An enormous war chest of surplus funds to create much more if needed.
- All soon to be backed by gold. China is moving towards a gold backed yuan and you all know it.

Lets keep importing more Chinese goods people! :mad:

I wonder when they'll call in the debts owed to them through eminent domain of US property...

yokna7
10-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Another impressive demonstration in China for their 60 year celebration. I noted that the female soldiers are.............girls with guns, thats always awesome.;)

And the Chinese have so much money that even their missile launchers have whitewall tires! Now that's classy!

This link has great pics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1217310/Marching-world-domination-China-celebrates-60-years-communism-display-military-worry-West.html

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh damn. Where do I sign up to be a P.O.W.? I would have no problem with one of them stripping me down and putting me on a leash.

pcosmar
10-01-2009, 02:06 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/01/article-1217310-06A68E0C000005DC-872_634x426.jpg

Joseph Raymond McCarthy is vindicated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy

McCarthy was never able to prove his sensational charge.

apparently, time will tell.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2009, 04:51 PM
- A powerful military.
- All soon to be backed by gold. China is moving towards a gold backed yuan and you all know it.

Lets keep importing more Chinese goods people! :mad:

I wonder when they'll call in the debts owed to them through eminent domain of US property...

That^^

There is no such thing as "free trade" with a communist police state.

That people even argue the point is insane.

Lenin was correct: the communists will sell the capitalists the rope with which they hang themselves.

heavenlyboy34
10-01-2009, 05:03 PM
That^^

There is no such thing as "free trade" with a communist police state.

That people even argue the point is insane.

Lenin was correct: the communists will sell the capitalists the rope with which they hang themselves.

Doesn't RP advocate free trade with China? I could be mistaken here. :confused: (when you said "communist police state", were you referring to the US sarcastically or China? Sometimes they seem interchangeable in that regard.)

Acala
10-01-2009, 05:09 PM

We hung ourselves with our OWN rope. If we had maintained sound money, limited government, and a non-interventionist policy, NOBODY could have touched us. We allowed ourselves to be enslaved through our own ignorance, sloth, hubris, and corruption. We would have fallen with or without China. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

pcosmar
10-01-2009, 05:13 PM
We hung ourselves with our OWN rope. If we had maintained sound money, limited government, and a non-interventionist policy, NOBODY could have touched us. We allowed ourselves to be enslaved through our own ignorance, sloth, hubris, and corruption. We would have fallen with or without China. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

And we were warned.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/01/article-1217310-06A68E0C000005DC-872_634x426.jpg

Joseph Raymond McCarthy is vindicated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy

McCarthy was never able to prove his sensational charge.

apparently, time will tell.

BenIsForRon
10-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Until China develops an adequate navy, all the tanks and fighters in the world aren't a threat to us.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Until China develops an adequate navy, all the tanks and fighters in the world aren't a threat to us.

You mean a Navy with subs that can do this? (which was two years ago btw)

Also interesting to note, as far as I can tell, this story was never picked up by any US media outlet.

The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

By MATTHEW HICKLEY
Last updated at 00:13 10 November 2007

When the U.S. Navy deploys a battle fleet on exercises, it takes the security of its aircraft carriers very seriously indeed.

At least a dozen warships provide a physical guard while the technical wizardry of the world's only military superpower offers an invisible shield to detect and deter any intruders.

That is the theory. Or, rather, was the theory.

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board.

By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

According to senior Nato officials the incident caused consternation in the U.S. Navy.

The Americans had no idea China's fast-growing submarine fleet had reached such a level of sophistication, or that it posed such a threat.

One Nato figure said the effect was "as big a shock as the Russians launching Sputnik" - a reference to the Soviet Union's first orbiting satellite in 1957 which marked the start of the space age.

The incident, which took place in the ocean between southern Japan and Taiwan, is a major embarrassment for the Pentagon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492804/The-uninvited-guest-Chinese-sub-pops-middle-U-S-Navy-exercise-leaving-military-chiefs-red-faced.html#ixzz0SjKOvkV7

BenIsForRon
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I remember that story. I haven't heard anything about them building aircraft carriers or battleships though. I think if you want to launch a land or air attack you need some of those.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Doesn't RP advocate free trade with China? I could be mistaken here.

He is in favor of unfettered free trade, including trade with China, yes.

I happen to disagree, I think that tariffs are constitutional for a reason and we should use them.

We do agree that free trade does not require signing on to multi national trade agreements that reduce national Independence and sovereignty.

(when you said "communist police state", were you referring to the US sarcastically or China? Sometimes they seem interchangeable in that regard.)

I was referring to China, but it is getting harder to distinguish the two anymore.

Eric Arthur Blair
10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
No diversity in China either. A proud, nationalistic, wealthy, homogeneous nation. What the USA once was.

Acala
10-01-2009, 05:50 PM

I know this is hard to face up to, but WE are the evil world empire. Not China. WE are the ones with troops and battle ships and military bases all over the world. Not China. We are the imperialists. Not China. We are the ones invading other countries and bombing people left and right. Not China. Our defense budget is eight TIMES greater than China's.

Americans who love liberty have nothing to fear from China. The great threat to our liberty is right here within our borders.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
I remember that story. I haven't heard anything about them building aircraft carriers or battleships though. I think if you want to launch a land or air attack you need some of those.

Well, nobody is building battleships anymore, our last ones have long since been decommissioned.

As far as projecting air power, then yes, you would need aircraft carriers, certainly.

For regional hegemony, I don't think China would need them, but, even if it did, it wouldn't take long to build a fleet.

Of the ships comprising the Kido Butai (Strike Force) that attacked Pearl Harbor, all but the Akagi (which underwent a major refitting in 1938) were built less than four years before 1941.

Unlike the sorry state of affairs here, that, unlike the time after the Great Depression when factories and plants were idle and not bulldozed down or fallen into disrepair.

If forced to commit to such a massive undertaking today, failure would result.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I know this is hard to face up to, but WE are the evil world empire. Not China. WE are the ones with troops and battle ships and military bases all over the world. Not China. We are the imperialists. Not China. We are the ones invading other countries and bombing people left and right. Not China. Our defense budget is eight TIMES greater than China's.

Americans who love liberty have nothing to fear from China. The great threat to our liberty is right here within our borders.

You won't get an argument from me on this.

Arklatex
10-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Cute parade, the United states still spends more on our military every year then the entire rest of the world combined including China. We are far more technologically advanced than anyone knows. i seen something in the sky one night in Texas it was 1) a spaceship from another planet 2) our military is far advanced than the public knows, I'm talking the stealth bomber is a tricycle to the physics bending this thing was doing.

pcosmar
10-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Cute parade, the United states still spends more on our military every year then the entire rest of the world combined including China.

Friggin' sucks don't it.
Seeing our money wasted like that. :(

foofighter20x
10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/01/article-1217310-06A747EA000005DC-859_634x511.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/01/article-1217310-06A702B0000005DC-602_634x403.jpg

That. is. HOT. :D

BenIsForRon
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM

That doesn't mean China will never get into empire building. I'm also having trouble believing we will have non-violent relations with them forever, especially after they drop the dollar.

SelfTaught
10-01-2009, 06:37 PM
They give my package some much needed stimulus.

Stimulus Package. Get it?:confused:

Anti Federalist
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
China is hardly communist anymore, the political wing of China may be, but certainly the economic wing is free-market.

They have then, as Marx would have said, involved themselves in a contradiction.

I imagine nothing good will come when that contradiction is driven home.

I'm picturing any number of sci-fi clips of robots being trapped in "logic loops" and self destructing.

catdd
10-01-2009, 06:41 PM

nice

BlackTerrel
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM

I agree. It's easy to blame others, but that's not really the case is it?

JeNNiF00F00
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Hrmmm "....And in the years that followed, Mao's policies of forced industrialisation and collective farming, as well as his murderous purges of the middle classes, accounted for millions of deaths...."

Is this what we should expect in the coming years?

BlackTerrel
10-01-2009, 06:51 PM
No diversity in China either. A proud, nationalistic, wealthy, homogeneous nation. What the USA once was.

What's your argument here? China is wealthy because they're all one race? Because contrary to your argument the USA was never homogeneous. And China isn't wealthy either - that's why so many of their people move over here.

Andrew-Austin
10-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Apparently China visited the planet Kamino and bought themselves a massive clown army.

JeNNiF00F00
10-01-2009, 06:56 PM
looks like a militaristic gay parade, with phallic missiles and everything.

SelfTaught
10-01-2009, 07:04 PM
looks like a militaristic gay parade, with phallic missiles and everything.

....but the skirt uniforms. Oh so sexy.

JeNNiF00F00
10-01-2009, 07:06 PM
....but the skirt uniforms. Oh so sexy.

looks like something straight of of james bond don't it.

YumYum
10-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Hrmmm "....And in the years that followed, Mao's policies of forced industrialisation and collective farming, as well as his murderous purges of the middle classes, accounted for millions of deaths...."

Is this what we should expect in the coming years?

If the women turn out that damn good-looking, I say "HELL YEAH!!!"

123tim
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
They probably won't be quite as good looking when they invade our country unopposed, break down our doors, murder our families, and throw us in prison.

james1906
10-01-2009, 09:10 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/01/article-1217310-06A747EA000005DC-859_634x511.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/01/article-1217310-06A702B0000005DC-602_634x403.jpg

What's with the Cookie Monster sombreros in the back?

boat6868
10-01-2009, 09:39 PM
looks like something straight of of james bond don't it.

+1

amy31416
10-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Imagine the sort of shit us women would get if we were drooling over male goose-stepping commies or fascists.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9867/22530000002qa.jpg

Cdn_for_liberty
10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
the Chinese military is not to be messed with

YouTube - Republic of China 2009 Recruitment Center of National Armed Forces CM Full 60 secs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwD3gDfa-VU)

YumYum
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM

YouTube - Republic of China 2009 Recruitment Center of National Armed Forces CM Full 60 secs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwD3gDfa-VU)

That's why we don't mess with them. Instead we fight people who wear pajamas, ride camels and shoot muskets.

BenIsForRon
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
^that was actually more juvenile than our recruitment commercials. Didn't think it possible.

james1906
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM

This is for Taiwan's military. Taiwan's formal name is Republic of China.

Nirvikalpa
10-01-2009, 10:08 PM
So what they have females in the Military...

What outraged me was how the Empire State Building went gold and red for Communist China!

Imagine the sort of shit us women would get if we were drooling over male goose-stepping commies or fascists.

Oh you know what they would start saying. 'Well it's the wimminz brains. They are used to having everything handed to them so they love government handoutz and they love fascists. BTW they are breaking up the family!!!!!!!!'

:rolleyes:

bunklocoempire
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
What's with the Cookie Monster sombreros in the back?

LOL!! That's the kind of bonus that comes with frequenting these forums!:D

Bunkloco

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Do these girls poop on you?

Uriel999
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Holy crap they have transformers in their military! Are they Autobots or Decepticons?

Pericles
10-01-2009, 10:22 PM
This is for Taiwan's military. Taiwan's formal name is Republic of China.

I was wondering if anyone would notice.

Pericles
10-01-2009, 10:38 PM
China is hardly communist anymore, the political wing of China may be, but certainly the economic wing is free-market.

Political power comes from the barrel of a gun, and the gun must never leave the hand of the Communist Party.

The Sayings of Chairman Mao

squarepusher
10-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I, for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords

james1906
10-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone would notice.

What do I win?

Pericles
10-01-2009, 11:28 PM
What do I win?

An all expense paid stay at a People's Liberation Army Re-education Center, comrade.

Sandman33
10-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Well at least they dress them in skirts and thigh high fuckme boots instead of making men babysit them in the field.

vegaspilot03
10-01-2009, 11:35 PM

don't forget, "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. " -TJ

hugolp
10-02-2009, 02:39 AM

China has succesfully develop anti-aircraft carriers misiles. One misile and one fucking expensive aircraft carrier is gone, with a lot of the soldiers in it. I dont know if the USA can handle that in a war.

The advantage of the USA is that it has bases with troops all over the world (and the chinese are paying for them...)

Anti Federalist
10-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Thank you for pointing that out.

A goose stepping state enforcer is not "hot", ever.:mad:

123tim
10-02-2009, 06:45 AM

You're right. Thank you Amy.

foofighter20x
10-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Oh you know what they would start saying. 'Well it's the wimminz brains. They are used to having everything handed to them so they love government handoutz and they love fascists. BTW they are breaking up the family!!!!!!!!'

:rolleyes:

Thank you for pointing that out.

A goose stepping state enforcer is not "hot", ever.:mad:

You're right. Thank you Amy.

All you need to take a step back from your ASSumptions.

No one here said fascist or communist is wonderful or great. My thinking was that women in uniform are hot in general, just like most American women dig men in uniform. Thinking they are hot is in no way an endorsement of their government or of that government's ideological foundations.

The people in the photo are generally attractive, are all physically fit (which can't really be said about women in the U.S. military), and they look good in their uniforms.

Who here ever said anything about supporting their ideology or system of government?

You people need to not be so ready to take logical leaps. Oh, you are so offended... Yeah, we get it: your farts don't stink. Good job@ resorting to the political gender card. :rolleyes:

Instead of attempting to put words in anyone's mouth and having an EPIC FAIL at it, how about next time you take the Socratic approach and ask what I mean in a subtle manner that gets at your point without stepping on anyone's toes, hmm?

SelfTaught
10-02-2009, 09:31 AM
The people in the photo are generally attractive, are all physically fit (which can't really be said about women in the U.S. military), and they look good in their uniforms.

Time to take a trip back to the motherland (I'm Chinese, by the way). I've met Chinese girls in the states that were absolutely embarrassed of their Asian heritage. The ones that go for the white dudes for social acceptance. Well, fuck you ladies, this handsome chinaman bout to get some military tang, bitches.

Smitty
10-02-2009, 09:49 AM
China will be the unchallenged superpower of the planet within a few decades, and they will achieve it with western technology and manufacturing practices.

A nation of a billion+ people under a totalitarian government was given the ability to dominate the world by a handfull of greedy individuals in the U.S. government.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
All you need to take a step back from your ASSumptions.

No one here said fascist or communist is wonderful or great. My thinking was that women in uniform are hot in general, just like most American women dig men in uniform. Thinking they are hot is in no way an endorsement of their government or of that government's ideological foundations.

Who here ever said anything about supporting their ideology or system of government?

You people need to not be so ready to take logical leaps. Oh, you are so offended... Yeah, we get it: your farts don't stink. Good job@ resorting to the political gender card. :rolleyes:

Instead of attempting to put words in anyone's mouth and having an EPIC FAIL at it, how about next time you take the Socratic approach and ask what I mean in a subtle manner that gets at your point without stepping on anyone's toes, hmm?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

I get it, you like the dominatrix look, fine.

I find it repulsive myself.

That was the point of Amy's comments: that goose stepping members of the enforcement arm of a vile and evil state, should not be looked upon kindly.

Those same "hotties", next week, may be lining people up in front of the mass grave.

torchbearer
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
China will be the unchallenged superpower of the planet within a few decades, and they will achieve it with western technology and manufacturing practices.

A nation of a billion+ people under a totalitarian government was given the ability to dominate the world by a handfull of greedy individuals in the U.S. government.

China is a planned economy who's savings has been based on our fake money.
Future doesn't look bright for anyone.

Smitty
10-02-2009, 10:00 AM

History has shown that the world will not be content to sit in squalor. A global economic crisis will cause a reshuffling of the deck,...and without its manufacturing base, America isn't destined to be dealt the winning hand.

torchbearer
10-02-2009, 10:04 AM
History has shown that the world will not be content to sit in squalor. A global economic crisis will cause a reshuffling of the deck,...and without its manufacturing base, America isn't destined to be dealt the winning hand.

but a cheap dollar opens the window for competive industry and export.
This is where we need to be right now so that we can start manufacturing again.
Instead of propping up $75/hr GM jobs, we should get real about our wealth.
We need to build things cheaper and better- yet Obama and the ruling elite or preventing us from building an industrial base.
There will come a time when Obama can't stop the inevitable, and eventually- companies will be moving from China to the U.S. because our labor will be cheaper.
We are only fucked because we have morons fucking everything up.

Any wall between mexico and the US will be used to keep people in the US who are fleeing from the upcoming nightmare.

andrewh817
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
And China isn't wealthy either - that's why so many of their people move over here.

They're moving over here to invest in real estate and anything they can afford with their strong currency.

amy31416
10-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

I get it, you like the dominatrix look, fine.

I find it repulsive myself.

That was the point of Amy's comments: that goose stepping members of the enforcement arm of a vile and evil state, should not be looked upon kindly.

Those same "hotties", next week, may be lining people up in front of the mass grave.

Spot-on, as usual, AF.

Smitty
10-02-2009, 10:16 AM
We are only fucked because we have morons fucking everything up.

To assume that they're morons is to accept that it's been unintentional.

Do you think that the global elite didn't realize the eventual result of gutting America's manufacturing base?

The American standard of living was overhead that the globalists no longer wanted to pay.

torchbearer
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
nothing wrong with liking doms.

torchbearer
10-02-2009, 10:18 AM
To assume that they're morons is to accept that it's been unintentional.

Do you think that the global elite didn't realize the eventual result of gutting America's manufacturing base?

The American standard of living was overhead that the globalists no longer wanted to pay.

I think they are morons because they know better and keep doing the wrong things. They would be idiots if they just didn't know better.

Smitty
10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
I think they are morons because they know better and keep doing the wrong things. They would be idiots if they just didn't know better.

They've got theirs now.

That's what the bailouts were about. That's what every bubble they've inflated over the past decade was about.

The American people get to pay the price.

That's not moronic,...it's evil, but it's not moronic.

torchbearer
10-02-2009, 10:56 AM
They've got theirs now.

That's what the bailouts were about. That's what every bubble they've inflated over the past decade was about.

The American people get to pay the price.

That's not moronic,...it's evil, but it's not moronic.

It can't go on forever, and their children will have the sins of their fathers to deal with. Moronic.

YumYum
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM

The difference is that China's yaun is a fiat currency that only has value in China, unlike our dollar, which is the world reserve currency. What will start hyper-inflation, according to Schiff, is when the world dumps the dollar and U.S. bonds. Dumping the yaun is meaningless. When the dollar collapses, the Chinese will peg the yaun's value to something else. There is a difference between "pegging" a currency, and "backing" a currency with another currency. In the early ninties, China backed their yaun with 100 billion U.S. dollars, all in brand new 100 dollar bills. Later, they sold those dollars off, and when countries started buying Chinese goods, the Chinese government accepted and saved other currencies from around the world, and to this day will "pay" for their imports with other countries currencies. It is fucking brilliant. Another thing to remember, China has no National debt, in fact a surplus. So when we go down, they will have a rough ride but we will not take them with us. You have to admire their astute understanding of Capitalism. They have proven that you can make capitalism work, while denying human rights.

coyote_sprit
10-02-2009, 11:49 AM

RoC and PRoC are very different.

Sandman33
10-02-2009, 12:10 PM

*cough* CLINTON!

NYgs23
10-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow, there's a lot of China paranoia around here.

1) Is no longer "communist" in any real sense of the word. It some ways it has a freer market than us. It still very oppressive, but freedom tends to breed more freedom. Lovers of freedom should be pleased about the general direction in which China has gone over the past few decades.

2) China is not a military threat to the United States. It is on the other side of the world and it's military is 1/10th of the US military in expenditures. Based on defense spending, even if the whole world joined forces and attacked the United States, it'd have a tough time beating the United States in terms of military strength alone (of course, this is complicated by the fact that most of the US military is spread out around the world and the US is hanging by an economic thread).

3) Military displays are not impressive. They are celebrations of the means of slaughter. Would you have a parade for a gallows?

4) China is not a "threat" in the sense of "stealing our jobs" or such nonsense. Twenty years ago, the same people were freaking about about Japan doing the same thing. If we can't compete with Chinese production, it's our fault, but what we should be doing is producing other products and trading with them.

5) If we have worries about China, it is only because our country has rendered itself uncompetitive (through US-brand communism/fascism) and dependent on China, and at some point, they are bound to get fed up and cut the US loose and go on the greater prosperity for themselves.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
4) China is not a "threat" in the sense of "stealing our jobs" or such nonsense. Twenty years ago, the same people were freaking about about Japan doing the same thing. If we can't compete with Chinese production, it's our fault, but what we should be doing is producing other products and trading with them.

Oh god, not again.

There is no "competing" with a police state.

Our fault?

That I don't put my nine year old to work digging barite ore with a pickax?

But you're right in this respect: we will be able able to "compete" very soon, as our police state sets up nicely.

denison
10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
- A powerful military.

I hope they call in our debt soon and start annexing land in compensation for debt.

NYgs23
10-02-2009, 01:35 PM
There is no "competing" with a police state.

Your belief that police states are more economically competitive is senseless. Police states are less competitive than free countries, not more. If China is significantly more oppressive than the US, as you believe, then we should be out-competing the Chinese. What does the fact that they are out-competing us indicate?

Our fault?

That I don't put my nine year old to work digging barite ore with a pickax?

You have something against children earning money to support themselves and their families? Perhaps they'd be better off begging in the streets. Or spending seven hours a days in prison camps/brainwash centers like they do here.

...we will be able able to "compete" very soon, as our police state sets up nicely.

So stop fretting about what other folks are doing and worry about your own backyard. The United States is already more police state-ish than China in some ways. And while the US becomes ever less free, China becomes more free.

"And why seest thou the mote in thy brother's eye: but the beam that is in thy own eye thou considerest not?Or how canst thou say to thy brother: Brother, let me pull the mote out of thy eye, when thou thyself seest not the beam in thy own eye? Hypocrite, cast first the beam out of thy own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to take out the mote from thy brother's eye."

-Luke 6:41-42

denison
10-02-2009, 01:43 PM

yeah, you've right. pre-colonial america with a majority native american peoples was a very great and proud nation. damn those Pilgrims!:rolleyes:

/END SARCASM

America became non-homogeneous when Europeans and their imported African slaves arrived.

denison
10-02-2009, 01:48 PM

Quoted for truth. China couldn't give to shits about Amerikkka. The US government is the one trying to dictate to others how to live.

denison
10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
They probably won't be quite as good looking when they invade our country unopposed, break down our doors, murder our families, and throw us in prison.

Hey, if a person is good looking they're good looking. No matter what they're doing. :D

denison
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
The advantage of the USA is that it has bases with troops all over the world (and the chinese are paying for them...)

They should really stop that. If China really wants to get rid of the "evil empire", all they have to do is stop buying US debt. They wouldn't even need to go to war. Just cut off the money flow. :cool:

denison
10-02-2009, 02:01 PM

It's not western technology, you dumbass.

America imports scientist from Asia by the thousands. Since america has the highest drop out rate of any developed country, they can't even fill our top colleges with US citizens.

Most of the kids in ivy league schools are from China, India, or Japan. If anything it's Asian technology that americans pay for.

BlackTerrel
10-02-2009, 02:45 PM

America imports scientist from Asia by the thousands. Since america has the highest drop out rate of any developed country, they can't even fill our top colleges with US citizens.

Most of the kids in ivy league schools are from China, India, or Japan. If anything it's Asian technology that americans pay for.

That's a fact. And it's not just the schools. Here in Silicon Valley take a walk around Stanford, or Facebook, or Google etc.... more than half the people you see are Asian or Indian (many American born, many are not) - for what 5% of the population?

I see that as a good thing though. We are getting the smartest people from those countries.

Bman
10-02-2009, 02:52 PM

I don't know about that. They got the technology from somewhere. *cough-Bill Clinton-cough*

Anti Federalist
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Your belief that police states are more economically competitive is senseless. Police states are less competitive than free countries, not more. If China is significantly more oppressive than the US, as you believe, then we should be out-competing the Chinese. What does the fact that they are out-competing us indicate?

Police states that are closed are not competitive, true enough. North Korea comes to mind.

Police states that put their prison populations to work are.

You have something against children earning money to support themselves and their families? Perhaps they'd be better off begging in the streets. Or spending seven hours a days in prison camps/brainwash centers like they do here.

Yes, I have a big problem with being put into a position where my children would have no choice but to dig coal or break up ships.

And if you want to quote Scripture at me, what is the moral imperative here?

Should I question the conditions of people that are making all the consumer goods?

So stop fretting about what other folks are doing and worry about your own backyard. The United States is already more police state-ish than China in some ways. And while the US becomes ever less free, China becomes more free.

Yes it is, you won't get an argument from me about that.

And as the entire structure of the nation continues to collapse, we'll lose even more freedom, especially if people think they will acquire something that never was: freedom without the effort, liberty without independence.

You cannot remain free, independent and self determining if you outsource your entire economy, period.

SelfTaught
10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I see that as a good thing though. We are getting the smartest people from those countries.

Maybe not for long.

awake
10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Those are the absolute most beautiful prison suits I have ever seen.

foofighter20x
10-02-2009, 06:21 PM

So your assumption is that these person weren't forced into the Chinese military nor to march in the parade?

Prove it.

You apparently leave no room for what we real Americans call the common law defense of duress. There's simply no telling what these people were threatened with (whether explicitly or implicitly) or would have happened to any person in those photos who refused to cooperate or comply with the state festivities.

But you just keep on assuming that all Chinese military personnel are evil. Obviously you are a better person for it. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I'm going to be over here believing in the capacity for all people to respond positively to the freedom message if given the opportunity.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
So your assumption is that these person weren't forced into the Chinese military nor to march in the parade?

Prove it.

You apparently leave no room for what we real Americans call the common law defense of duress. There's simply no telling what these people were threatened with (whether explicitly or implicitly) or would have happened to any person in those photos who refused to cooperate or comply with the state festivities.

"Just Following Orders" has not been a valid defense since the Nuremberg trials.

But you just keep on assuming that all Chinese military personnel are evil. Obviously you are a better person for it. :rolleyes:

FFS, where did I say that?!

Why are you so touchy? You married to a Chinese military officer or something?

What I said, which was an agreement to another comment, is that goose stepping soldiers, in a show of solidarity to a repressive state, should NOT be viewed as a sex symbol, or in any positive light, for that matter.

Whether they were under duress or not, is not germane to the point at all.

I would, and have, said the exact same thing about cops on parade in this country.

Meanwhile, I'm going to be over here believing in the capacity for all people to respond positively to the freedom message if given the opportunity.

You do that.

I'll hold out for action.

I once turned down a six figure a year salary, and that was ten years ago, because I would not take a government paycheck.

Let's see some of the state's enforcers do the same.

Smitty
10-02-2009, 09:37 PM

You're speaking of education.

I'm talking about technology.

The technology which runs the world (and occasionally destroys pieces of it) is a western phenomenon.

I'll excuse you for being ignorant enough to call me a "dumbass"

Ignorance has reached epidemic proportions in America. It appears as though you have caught a bad case of it.

libertarian4321
10-03-2009, 12:08 AM

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be scared or aroused.

DirtMcGirt
10-03-2009, 12:23 AM
YouTube - China shows military might at anniversary celebration - 1 Oct 09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Lt_vFZ73k)

this is like wizard of oz + floyd , meh maybe not...click the link- then hit play on video
http://ia311031.us.archive.org/2/items/tDB2009-07-18.mk4.RM.flac16/tDB2009-07-18.mk4.RM.t05.ogg

libertarian4321
10-03-2009, 12:46 AM

Holy Cow, dude, not even close.

China contains hundreds of ethnic minorities and dozens of languages.

The entire northern/western half of China, though relatively sparsely populated, is made up mostly of non-Chinese minorities (Tibetans, Tajiks, Mongolians, Burmese, Khmer's, and many others). Also, there are many non Han Chinese in the eastern part of the country.

Even among the Han Chinese, a number of different languages are spoken as first languages. While Mandarin Chinese is the official language, there are tens of millions of native speakers of Cantonese, Min, Wu, Jin, Gan, Xiang, and Hakka. A Han Chinese who speaks Mandarin would have an extremely difficult time communicating effectively with a Han Chinese who speaks Cantonese as his primary language.

Only about half of China's population speaks Mandarin as it's native language. That's a hell of a lot more language diversity than we have here in the USA.

Japan is linguistically and culturally homogeneous, but China most certainly is not.

YumYum
10-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Holy Cow, dude, not even close.

China contains hundreds of ethnic minorities and dozens of languages.

The entire northern/western half of China, though relatively sparsely populated, is made up mostly of non-Chinese minorities (Tibetans, Tajiks, Mongolians, Burmese, Khmer's, and many others). Also, there are many non Han Chinese in the eastern part of the country.

Even among the Han Chinese, a number of different languages are spoken as first languages. While Mandarin Chinese is the official language, there are tens of millions of native speakers of Cantonese, Min, Wu, Jin, Gan, Xiang, and Hakka. A Han Chinese who speaks Mandarin would have an extremely difficult time communicating effectively with a Han Chinese who speaks Cantonese as his primary language.

Only about half of China's population speaks Mandarin as it's native language. That's a hell of a lot more language diversity than we have here in the USA.

Japan is linguistically and culturally homogeneous, but China most certainly is not.

That is why I am learning Mandarin.

Liberty_Tree
10-03-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be scared or aroused.

Looks can be deceiving. :D

cheapseats
10-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Since america has the highest drop out rate of any developed country, they can't even fill our top colleges with US citizens.

Baloney.

America can't fill its colleges and universities with United States citizens who can afford to pay full tuition.

Our top universities, we can always fill with the pampered offspring of America's Richest, Most Famous and/or Most Notorious.

Compare tuitions: State v. Private, then in-state v. out-of-state for public schools and domestic v. foreign for private schools.

We import as much cash as we do precociousness.

cheapseats
10-03-2009, 10:47 AM

These boots are made for walkin'
and that's just what they'll do.
One a these days these boots
are gonna walk all over you.

amy31416
10-03-2009, 11:24 AM
These boots are made for walkin'
and that's just what they'll do.
One a these days these boots
are gonna walk all over you.

Good one!

Apparently though, some guys on here are very open to that possibility. To each his own I guess...