PDA

View Full Version : What is your 'line in the sand'?

Rael
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I think it's important to establish in advance what types of potential actions the goverment could take that would cross your shitline. There are serious ethical and practical considerations.
For some people it will be forced vaccinations, firearm confiscation, etc.

What are some other actions the government could take that should be considered to be crossing the line?

Icymudpuppy
10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Eviction/Relocation/Confiscation of home.

pcosmar
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
The lines have been crossed long ago. They were moved and crossed again.

OPSEC prohibits any further warnings. :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_security

Mini-Me
10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
If "they" take my Xbox 360, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Seriously though, I just play it by ear. What do you mean by my line in the sand? Are you asking when I'll stop paying taxes and start with highly visible civil disobedience, consequences be damned? Are you asking when I'll try to disappear? Or are you asking when I'll snap and do something violent and suicidal (not gonna happen)? The only thing set in stone is that I won't be happily skipping into any gas chambers.

kahless
10-01-2009, 11:34 AM
If I cannot afford the current private or the state health insurance rates and the federal government is going to mandate and fine me for something I cannot afford then I suppose they are forcing that to be my line in the sand.

Cowlesy
10-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I suppose if someone violated my 3rd Amendment protections.

Rael
10-01-2009, 11:42 AM
If "they" take my Xbox 360, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Seriously though, I just play it by ear. What do you mean by my line in the sand? Are you asking when I'll stop paying taxes and start with highly visible civil disobedience, consequences be damned? Are you asking when I'll try to disappear? Or are you asking when I'll snap and do something violent and suicidal (not gonna happen)? The only thing set in stone is that I won't be happily skipping into any gas chambers.

I don't think having your line crossed means you do something violent. I think it does mean that you cease obeying the government/police/military. If they respond violently, it is a separate decision whether or not to defend yourself using force.

I think having your line crossed means open refusal to obey unjust laws, refusal to pay taxes, etc

Bucjason
10-01-2009, 11:45 AM
If I cannot afford the current private or the state health insurance rates and the federal government is going to mandate and fine me for something I cannot afford then I suppose they are forcing that to be my line in the sand.

^ this

Dionysus
10-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Rounding up people and putting them in camps. Oh WAIT, they already did that to Japanese-Americans during World War II! Just chill out people. The G-20 posturing you see is all Wizard of Oz trickery.

"I am the great and powerful OZ!"

Kludge
10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Overwhelming mandatory social interaction with bureaucrats. Ideally, the oppressors will speak a foreign language and leave us with nothing they'd want to know about. I'm hoping for Chinese occupation, myself.

pcosmar
10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Rounding up people and putting them in camps.

And all she wants to do is Dance, dance.

YouTube - Don Henley-All She Wants To Do Is Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSyaBHr1jU)

Deborah K
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Conscription will prompt me to enact my exit strategy from this country.

Any notice of gun confiscation, or of mandatory vaccinations will prompt me to bug-out.

Invasion into my community will prompt me to physically protect my property.

As far as any passed legislation goes, like socialized medicine or amnesty. I'll be in the streets.

Elwar
10-01-2009, 01:38 PM
The income tax was the line in the sand for me.

I merely live in this country playing by their rules to my own further betterment with no false sense of being free.

Bucjason
10-01-2009, 01:40 PM
All you who are saying your line has already been crossed are not telling the truth, otherwise you'd be in the streets with pitchforks...

Rael
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
All you who are saying your line has already been crossed are not telling the truth, otherwise you'd be in the streets with pitchforks...

+1

YumYum
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Ideally, the oppressors will speak a foreign language and leave us with nothing they'd want to know about. I'm hoping for Chinese occupation, myself.

Me too. It will happen. I hope they shut down all the shitty all you can eat Chinese buffets and serve real Chinese food.

catdd
10-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Overturning the 2nd amendment and the subsequent nationwide weapons confiscation. That will do it.

DirtMcGirt
10-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Harry Reid and Arlen Specter getting re-elected then the overturning of the 2nd amendment...

bunklocoempire
10-01-2009, 10:23 PM

There are ways to resist without picking up the obvious pitchforks.:)

Bunkloco

Pericles
10-01-2009, 10:26 PM
You will find out when mine has been crossed on the evening news.

eOs
10-01-2009, 10:27 PM
If the healthcare bill passes I'm not paying my taxes anymore, I suspect many red states to follow suit. I have a blog.

puppetmaster
10-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Income Tax....line drawn

puppetmaster
10-01-2009, 11:41 PM
yes I think I will rule by fear also....someone needs to duck!

RM918
10-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Draft.

Semper Vigilans
10-02-2009, 08:39 AM
- Gun confiscation or banning/restricting ammo further than currently done
- Mandatory Vaccination
- Declaration of Martial Law

torchbearer
10-02-2009, 08:41 AM
They've already crossed my line in the sand when they stopped following the constitution.
I'm just waiting for everyone else to get to the same point.

andrewh817
10-02-2009, 10:02 AM
For me: Mandatory training camps, mandatory health care, high(er?) water taxes, mandatory vaccination.

Not that the guns issue isn't important I just don't own any firearms.

Charlie41
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
You will find out when mine has been crossed on the evening news.

Your not alone.

catdd
10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Pericles
"You will find out when mine has been crossed on the evening news."

I like that answer better than mine because you really never know exactly where your breaking point is until it's broken.

constituent
10-02-2009, 11:22 AM
f* em.

Sandman33
10-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Draft.

THIS.

While I love my country and would gladly fight and die to uphold its constitution and protect it's borders......todays U.S. military does neither. Todays military furthers the destruction of our constutution, LETS us be invaded constantly by Mexico, and rather than serve this country is going abroad and invading foreign countries while killing innocent people.

I will also never fight for a country that has gone so morally bankrupt either. There isn't much worth saving OR fighting for when the majority of the population are absolute ignorant heathens.

Mark my word, when the system crashes they won't have to "introduce" a new global currency. The ignorant sheep will be in the streets DEMANDING the return of their slavery.

silverhandorder
10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Silverhandorder report to your citizen advisory. <-- fuck...

JamesButabi
10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
draft and/or cap and trade

denison
10-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Overwhelming mandatory social interaction with bureaucrats. Ideally, the oppressors will speak a foreign language and leave us with nothing they'd want to know about. I'm hoping for Chinese occupation, myself.

The Chinese aren't your oppressors, the US government is. ;)