PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh papers are onto G-20 abuses

Mckarnin
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
A little bit comforting...wish our leaders got it.

The G-20: a guest with an iron fist

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09272/1001566-153.stm

Freedom big loser with G-20

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_645777.html

pcosmar
10-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Good articles, Both.

I had been waiting all day for comments on this.
apparently it is already forgotten. :(

2orb
10-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Thank you McKarnin.

BenIsForRon
10-02-2009, 04:09 AM
Both are really good, but its been a week now, and the only national media I saw covering it was the Daily Show.

I'm hoping the ACLU files some lawsuits, and the group of UPitt students organizing on the internet looks promising. We really need somebody to find the identities of that guy getting abducted in the video, though. We also need the identities of those undercover cops dressed as anarchists. It's important to know WTF happened those days so we can know what to expect at the next G20.

Mckarnin
10-02-2009, 08:43 AM
It almost looks like Europe gave the martial law-esque behavior more coverage than we did. Of course they have seen communism and other oppressive/tyrannical governments up close and personal more recently than we have. :(

Good articles, Both.

I had been waiting all day for comments on this.
apparently it is already forgotten. :(

Mckarnin
10-02-2009, 08:45 AM
I saw the vid of the student "abduction" and am worried about the guy....unless it was just the cops picking one of their undercover agents up. :eek:

Both are really good, but its been a week now, and the only national media I saw covering it was the Daily Show.

I'm hoping the ACLU files some lawsuits, and the group of UPitt students organizing on the internet looks promising. We really need somebody to find the identities of that guy getting abducted in the video, though. We also need the identities of those undercover cops dressed as anarchists. It's important to know WTF happened those days so we can know what to expect at the next G20.

pcosmar
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I saw the vid of the student "abduction" and am worried about the guy....unless it was just the cops picking one of their undercover agents up. :eek:

That has been my question as well.
Also is there ANY proof that protesters started any violence/property damage?
Or were the police or agents responsible?

I have gotten no answer,,,