PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin proves a flop on the lecture circuit

bobbyw24
10-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Sarah Palin proves a flop on the lecture circuit

Business leaders and the Washington elite have not been inspired by the prospect of listening to the wit and wisdom of the ‘pitbull in lipstick’
By Tim Edwards
FIRST POSTED SEPTEMBER 30, 2009

Evidence continues to mount in support of the theory that Sarah Palin - the scourge of the "Washington elite" - simply doesn't have much to say.

http://photos.thefirstpost.co.uk/assets/library/090930palin--125432248069089500.jpg

After delivering her memoirs in just three months - a stunningly short period of time for a political biography - it has now been revealed that Palin, beloved of ordinary, common sense Republicans, is a flop on the lecture circuit.

The Washington Speakers Bureau, an elite lecture agency which counts Tony Blair, George W Bush, Condoleezza Rice - and now the former governor of Alaska - among its star after-dinner speakers, is believed to be touting her services for $100,000 per speech.

An 'insider' told the New York Post: "The big lecture buyers in the US are paralysed with fear about booking her, basically because they think she is a blithering idiot."

Because many venues sell their lectures as a series, they are worried that if Sarah Palin is on the line-up, subscribers could cancel en masse. The harsh reality for Palin is that even if she can live up to the WSB's billing as "a groundbreaker who speaks on her vision for energy independence, national security, fiscal responsibility, health care and small government", she is a turn-off for the agency's best customers, because universities are generally left-leaning and corporations do not like controversy.

The news comes as a surprise after the generally positive

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/54175,news,does-sarah-palin-the-lecture-circuit-flop-have-anything-to-say

disorderlyvision
10-01-2009, 09:22 AM
basically because they think she is a blithering idiot.

Bout sums it up

ChooseLiberty
10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
she'd do better if she took her clothes off.

jus sayin.

Reason
10-01-2009, 09:45 AM
she'd do better if she took her clothes off.

jus sayin.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/5/l_b94b5a2032c3412194b92659a6e9316d.jpg

angelatc
10-01-2009, 09:48 AM
An 'insider' told the New York Post: "The big lecture buyers in the US are paralysed with fear about booking her, basically because they think she is a blithering idiot."

Oooh! An anonymous insider quoted to give something (certainly not credibility!) to a news article.

Seriously, when has being a blithering idiot ever stopped anybody from making money in speaking engagements? Those people could give a rat's ass if she's an idiot. If she packs people in, she makes them money.

The same article goes on to say that they're afraid if they book Palin, people might leave in droves. What fucking planet do they live on? The scariest thing about Palin is her ability to attract millions.

Are they saying the status quo will boycott her, because she's popular? If so, who cares? The people who follow her are the right's version of the Obamabots. Nobody listens to what she says - they only hear what they want her to say.

If this article were about a Democrat, they would be implying that the Hillary supporters will leave the room if Obama speaks. That didn't happen.

she'd do better if she took her clothes off. jus sayin. Grow up already.

Deborah K
10-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Nice. Yet another thread bashing someone who has the potential to give us more exposure.

Dunedain
10-01-2009, 09:59 AM
She's got one foot in the enemy camp, has an Israeli flag in her office, fraternizes with the "frozen chosen" of Alaska and republican establishment and her other foot is gently on the side of limited government that embraces our views.

How could anyone from either side support her?

disorderlyvision
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice. Yet another thread bashing someone who has the potential to give us more exposure.

If she becomes a spokesperson for this movement. I am out. It will be time to go back to sleep. We lost

Deborah K
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
If she becomes a spokesperson for this movement. I am out. It will be time to go back to sleep. We lost

I'm not implying that. I'm not necessarily a supporter of hers. But I do believe that, like Glenn Beck, her supporters are much easier to convert to our message of freedom than say, Obamabots and Hannity/Levin crews.

kahless
10-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Her popularity seems to be based solely one the will of the MSM. Looks like they are going to have trouble continuing to push her.

LOL. I was wondering how many posts before the pic. Better, but not the one I expected.

lester1/2jr
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't understand "the lecture circuit" at all.

It's really baffling to me that someone can make that much money for a speech. I mean, people write books that take forever to write and a lifetime of learning how to write and so forth.

all these speakers have to do is how up and say a bunch of stuff. I could do that!

Sarah Palin made more in her speech in taiwan the other day than she did as governor. like twice as much.

can someone please pay me to say something? I'll say whatever you want

specsaregood
10-01-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm not implying that. I'm not necessarily a supporter of hers. But I do believe that, like Glenn Beck, her supporters are much easier to convert to our message of freedom than say, Obamabots and Hannity/Levin crews.

Uhm, from what I've seen her supporters ARE the rush/hannity/levin crews, not so much the beck crew.

max
10-01-2009, 12:34 PM

The neo-cons who "converted" from liberalism to conservatism were welcomed with open arms precisely because they "had the potential to give us more exposure."

Conservatives took the bait....and now modern day conservatism is actually big government neo-conservatism.

Something to think about before we rush to embrace Caribou Barbie and her neo-con handlers into our ranks

Deborah K
10-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Uhm, from what I've seen her supporters ARE the rush/hannity/levin crews, not so much the beck crew.

That hasn't been my experience at all.

Deborah K
10-01-2009, 02:14 PM
The neo-cons who "converted" from liberalism to conservatism were welcomed with open arms precisely because they "had the potential to give us more exposure."

Conservatives took the bait....and now modern day conservatism is actually big government neo-conservatism.

Something to think about before we rush to embrace Caribou Barbie and her neo-con handlers into our ranks

Again, not talking about "embracing" her.