PDA

View Full Version : Did you think they'd at least wait until the regulations to try to control your lifes

..PAUL4PRES..
09-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Did you think they'd at least wait until the regulations to try to control your lifestyle under Obamacare?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Senate panel on Wednesday adopted a measure aimed at rewarding healthy behavior in a sweeping healthcare overhaul sought by President Barack Obama as lawmakers pushed to complete the legislation.

The Senate Finance Committee voted for an amendment offered by Republican Senator John Ensign and Democrat Thomas Carper that would allow health plans to provide financial incentives for people to quit smoking, exercise more and engage in other healthy activities.

"I believe that the key to achieving savings is to provide rewards for people who engage in healthy behaviors," Ensign argued. The measure passed on a 18-4 vote despite concerns expressed by some Democrats as well as committee Chairman Max Baucus that it could raise insurance premiums for people who do not participate in wellness programs."
http://www.reuters.com/article/governmentFilingsNews/idUSN3024303120091001

Dreamofunity
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Cool, now I have an insentive to smoke so when I stop I get money!