PDA

View Full Version : What if I brought your enemies to you bound hand and foot?

Oyate
09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Children, fathers, sisters, brothers,

What if I in this day laid your enemies at your feet in chains? What if I delivered them to you on a silver platter? What would you do to them?

What if I delivered their women and children to you similarly. Would you hold up the axe over their heads? Would you swing?

Would you listen to the pleas of the children? Would you have mercy on their women?

Some of us are going forward to talk to elements of opposition but we are doing to with arms open and unarmed.

There is something you must understand if you don't yet: misunderstanding can breed contempt and hostility and then aggression and hostility and then violence and then pain and suffering. I know you are warriors and not afraid of pain and suffering but consider also the path of peace. Misunderstanding can breed curiosity and then understanding and then trust and then love and then peace. For all are one in peace, and our protective nature with love covers all.

As we engage with opposition, let us truly do so. What a few of us are trying to do is bring dialogue. Communication is the antithesis of war. I know it's going to be difficult to confront your enemies, but we do so now with no weapons, no armaments but love and understanding. It's way easier to hate somebody until war breaks out then you wish you had started with understanding and love.

I know I am being ambiguous, I want you youngers to be the front in this one, just don't be surprised if opposition shows up in our conference calls and chat lines. And don't worry, it's just mid-level opposition, they are just people. They got spouses and kids and payments and the whole 9-yards just like you.

Just tell me. If I were to give them to you, which way is your tomohawk pointed? Can I bring some message to them of commonality? Can we say that we will work together to protect and nurture all of our children?

Put the words in my mouth and reassure them. Be the big one. They are afraid of us. Fear is not a good thing long-term. The antidote to fear is reassurance. Tell them like you are speaking to them right now.

LittleLightShining
09-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Send them our way, Oyate. I know I just want my kids to have a future.

I love your posts :)

DamianTV
09-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Which enemies are we talking about here? Bankers, politicians, or the average joe citizen in Iraq, Iran, etc?

If were talking about bankers or anyone else that has purposefully put us at war for their own personal benefits, damn right they are getting the axe. THey are too much of a threat to society. Anyone else, I'd have to treat them as I would want to be treated. THey may leave.

Mandrik
09-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Which enemies are we talking about here? Bankers, politicians, or the average joe citizen in Iraq, Iran, etc?

If were talking about bankers or anyone else that has purposefully put us at war for their own personal benefits, damn right they are getting the axe. THey are too much of a threat to society. Anyone else, I'd have to treat them as I would want to be treated. THey may leave.

How does that saying go? An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?

If you want to see REAL change in the world than we will need to embrace forgiveness & love instead of violence & justice.

Dianne
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
You don't want to know...

Original_Intent
09-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Oyate,

My feeling is that if they are willing to do all they can to repair the harm done and to not work to enslave any more then they are welcome as friends and over time as brothers.

If they will only continue to enslave and to live from the work of others and not contribute then they are enemies and should fear. But always the way must be available for them to be welcomed back as brothers if they want to be true brothers.

virgil47
09-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Hmm, how does that old saying go? "those who turn their weapons into plowshares will plow for those who don't".

Mandrik
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Hmm, how does that old saying go? "those who turn their weapons into plowshares will plow for those who don't".

Ok, so we should hold the axe over their heads? What about the people below them who were following orders? We better hold the axe over their heads, too. But wait, how did they get the money to do what they want? We allowed them to steal money from us through taxation. We better put the axe to our own heads now.

Where do we draw the line? Who gets to decide whose heads are gonna roll?

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
nt

Oyate
09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
self-bump. Deb? Others?

pcosmar
09-30-2009, 07:10 PM
My real enemies or just their servants?

My real enemies would be slain without hesitation. I would not suffer them to live if it were in my power.
Servants, slaves or lackeys I may have mercy on, depending on the extent of their crimes.

constituent
09-30-2009, 07:11 PM
...i'd probably call the law

heavenlyboy34
09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
I would objectively assess the damage they've done and exact reparations from them.

Working Poor
09-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I know of no enemy that I would want to see bought to me in chains and begging. Let my enemy come to me upright, let them air their grievance let me be at peace enough inside myself to hear them out.

Oyate
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Talk like you are talking to them right now. Talk of your concerns, talk TO them now. Not about them, not around them.

Icymudpuppy
09-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I have no enemies that I know of.

Working Poor
09-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I am sorry if I have wronged you please forgive me and let me make it right. I do not want any enemies.

virgil47
09-30-2009, 09:22 PM
I am sorry if I have wronged you please forgive me and let me make it right. I do not want any enemies.

Grovel and beg? Sorry not me.

Oyate
09-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Whoa dudes, thanks to those who answer from the heart, I am with you.

What I'm not used to is being so easily accepted. Usually every thing I say is like....some people are like "i kinda hear you" and the rest are like "sure as dip, the guy is crazier than chips".

Hey, what we did was approach the first viable and approachable face of opposition and say "yo, what gives?"

And we're putting it to them like this: we may be in a self-reinforcing fear loop; you get scared of us so we get scared of you so we get more scared and so do you.

It only takes TWO PEOPLE to break this loop, one from them and one from us.

IF THEIR INTENT IS PURE IS SOMETHING WE WILL ALL KNOW SOON.

For good or evil, we will soon know because they will hold our trust and from trust will evolve love and understanding.

I'm pulling out war powers here people. I'll put words in our mouth.

1. why are you afraid?

2. do you need help?

3. do you consider me to be your enemy?

4. do you require medical attention?

5. do you require food or water? are you cold? are you hot?

(if they require food, water, treatment, warming up or cooling down this is a prize to you, get to cover yourself in glory)

6. how can I help? Enque kirsch ew fasu? Tamuska poca yo? Toka ho? Que encontramos?

For my part I will ask opposition why do you fear us? And I will ask them to explain why they are afraid of you. And then I will expose them to you so you can talk directly.

You are the question, they are the answer. If they are evil, you will shortly deduce so. If they are not honest, you will pick up on it. If you find truth in them, we should join together FOR WHATEVER THAT TRUTH IS WORTH

For dishonesty will be picked up on and lead us further down the path of hate.

If we can communicate to WHAT EVER EXTENT, TRUST AND BELIVE that any understanding is better than none.

Be mindful of the fact that the experiment that is never tried has a 100% probability of failure but that which is tried has at least a chance.

Maybe somebody like Deb can help you make sense of this but we are trying to establish communications with the planet Mars or something.....

Just get ready to accept people at your dinner table that you never, ever expected.

Now I have to go give the same rap to one of our kids who's biggest problem is who is taking her to her senior prom.

pacelli
10-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Oyate, didn't you have a terminal illness? How are you doing now?

constituent
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM

wow, poor form.

tremendoustie
10-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Children, fathers, sisters, brothers,

What if I in this day laid your enemies at your feet in chains? What if I delivered them to you on a silver platter? What would you do to them?

What if I delivered their women and children to you similarly. Would you hold up the axe over their heads? Would you swing?

Would you listen to the pleas of the children? Would you have mercy on their women?

Some of us are going forward to talk to elements of opposition but we are doing to with arms open and unarmed.

There is something you must understand if you don't yet: misunderstanding can breed contempt and hostility and then aggression and hostility and then violence and then pain and suffering. I know you are warriors and not afraid of pain and suffering but consider also the path of peace. Misunderstanding can breed curiosity and then understanding and then trust and then love and then peace. For all are one in peace, and our protective nature with love covers all.

As we engage with opposition, let us truly do so. What a few of us are trying to do is bring dialogue. Communication is the antithesis of war. I know it's going to be difficult to confront your enemies, but we do so now with no weapons, no armaments but love and understanding. It's way easier to hate somebody until war breaks out then you wish you had started with understanding and love.

I know I am being ambiguous, I want you youngers to be the front in this one, just don't be surprised if opposition shows up in our conference calls and chat lines. And don't worry, it's just mid-level opposition, they are just people. They got spouses and kids and payments and the whole 9-yards just like you.

Just tell me. If I were to give them to you, which way is your tomohawk pointed? Can I bring some message to them of commonality? Can we say that we will work together to protect and nurture all of our children?

Put the words in my mouth and reassure them. Be the big one. They are afraid of us. Fear is not a good thing long-term. The antidote to fear is reassurance. Tell them like you are speaking to them right now.

I would let anyone go that would commit to refraining from initiating violence in the future. For the higher-ups or people who have been especially harmful to others, I might also require some degree of compensation to their victims.

My goal would be to forgive, and for them and their kids to prosper in a peaceful society, but I would not let them go if they were only going to create more violence and coercion.

Original_Intent
10-01-2009, 09:09 AM

We all have a terminal illness. It's called "life".

LittleLightShining
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

Deborah K
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
self-bump. Deb? Others?

Oyate, the love in your heart inspires me. I wish I was like you in that respect. If you dropped my enemy at my feet, I honestly don't know what I'd do. Who is my enemy?

My enemies are those who have no compassion for the unborn, the defected, the untouchables, as Mother Teresa called them. My enemies are those who see the average American as useful idiots, existing only to provide them with a living. My enemies are those who would destroy America - knowingly.

Yet there are many more who are unknowingly destroying America with their misguided, misinformed ideologies. Hellbent, because they believe deeply that they are right. Collectivism is at the root of their belief system and chopping at that root is next to impossible.

Would I have compassion if they were thrown at my feet? To the degree that their hearts and minds could be changed, I think I would.

To the degree that they remain unchanged in their views and motives regarding their collective objectives, I just don't know Oyate. I don't know.

Oyate
10-01-2009, 02:49 PM

I cannot tell if am alive or dead.

Semper Vigilans
10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
I would cut their bonds and offer two options:

1) Get as far out of my sight as possible ( They live to fight another day )
2) Arm themselves, then prepare to stand and fight ( They risk dying where they stand )

I would not be able to cause harm to even the worst of my enemies if they are unable to defend themselves. Not my style. Neither would I offer aid or succor. There would have to be a good reason why they are my enemy, and I'm not wasting my resources on someone who would seek to harm me.

Now if they are attacking me by choice, then I will attempt to dispatch them by any and all means necessary.

Who knows though, if it comes to all out war, I might become very ruthless very quickly...

Oyate
10-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I appreciate your responses. I do indeed feel like this is a beginning.
This is something I can take to those who do not understand.

Oyate
10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
I might become very ruthless very quickly...

Oh dip! Well we still got a Ruth over here so if you are and dandger of becoming ruthless you can borrow ours. Just make damn sure you give her back.

klamath
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't hate people but I do hate certain ideas. However if you hold an idea to harm me or mine, be warned I am not always willing to turn the other cheek. Life for me and mine is valuable for without life it is impossible to practice earthly freedom.