PDA

View Full Version : Wall St. Journal: "Paul takes his Fed offensive to the Daily Show"

Knightskye
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/09/30/ron-paul-takes-his-fed-offensive-to-the-daily-show/

Good article. Complimentary, too:

Say what you want about Paul: The man is consistent, he does not pander, and those two qualities alone make him a lot more watchable than the stay-on-messagefests that are common on shows like Meet the Press. Colbert Report host Stephen Colbert once called Paul “an enigma wrapped in a riddle nestled in a sesame seed bun of mystery.”

:D

nobody's_hero
09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
In noting that Mr. Paul’s radical ideas about the Fed have gained wider acceptance in the wake of the financial crisis Daily Show host Jon Stewart compared Paul to a “cool indie band” that is a cult favorite but suddenly goes mainstream. “It scares the daylights out of me,” was Paul’s response to this observation.

I think he* mis-interpreted Jon's comments about the indie band. Ron Paul supporters started the modern tea party movement, but there were some attempts to steal that thunder and use it in the name of the almighty Republican Party.

At least, that's what I think Jon was getting at.

Thanks for sharing the article though, it was a fairly good read. Any press is good press, right?

Knightskye
09-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Any press is good press, right?

I would disagree when it comes to articles about Ron Paul.

RonPaulwillWin
10-01-2009, 01:56 AM
I think he* mis-interpreted Jon's comments about the indie band. Ron Paul supporters started the modern tea party movement, but there were some attempts to steal that thunder and use it in the name of the almighty Republican Party.

At least, that's what I think Jon was getting at.

Thanks for sharing the article though, it was a fairly good read. Any press is good press, right?

Exactly what I thought.