PDA

View Full Version : City of Berkeley leaves the United States?

..PAUL4PRES..
09-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Carolyn Jones, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 30, 2009

(09-29) 23:08 PDT BERKELEY, CALIF. -- Berkeley became the first city in the United States, and possibly the world, to agree to international human rights treaties on Tuesday night, after the City Council approved a measure usually reserved for countries.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/29/MN6H19UT2J.DTL&tsp=1

Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

So Berkeley California Left the UNION?

yokna7
09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I hope they left the union. They suck. That was my intelligent reply.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
09-30-2009, 01:26 PM
wow

Civilradiant_palm_pre
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
treaty on human rights and torture seems like a good thing to me

Krugerrand
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM
treaty on human rights and torture seems like a good thing to me

now imagine the US signs that treat with Tibet or Shanghai.

Andrew-Austin
09-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Misleading thread title, all they did was ignore the Constitution.

Krugerrand
09-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Misleading thread title, all they did was ignore the Constitution.

BTW - what are the consequences for such actions? It just says you can't do it.

Krugerrand
09-30-2009, 01:52 PM
BTW - what are the consequences for such actions? It just says you can't do it.

well ... I guess anybody prosecuted for violating the treaty would be exonerated at a federal level.

tangent4ronpaul
09-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Well, Berkeley is a city, not a state and the Constitution prohibits states from doing those things.

-t

anaconda
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Carolyn Jones, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 30, 2009

(09-29) 23:08 PDT BERKELEY, CALIF. -- Berkeley became the first city in the United States, and possibly the world, to agree to international human rights treaties on Tuesday night, after the City Council approved a measure usually reserved for countries.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/29/MN6H19UT2J.DTL&tsp=1

Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

So Berkeley California Left the UNION?

Well, the Constitution doesn't say anything about "cities." I wonder if the University of California there is bound by the new city ordinance?:eek:

Freedom 4 all
09-30-2009, 02:53 PM
A town in Canada recently passed a referendum officially pronouncing themselves a globalist area. That is to say that they voluntarily renounce their Canadian citezenship in favour of "global citezenship." Now seeing as they blatantly have no right whatsoever to do this it amounted to nothing and I can't even find an article on it. Still scary though. A lot of places seem to want to renounce nations and embrace the globalist agenda.

RevolutionSD
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
But they LOVE Obama in Berkeley, why leave him?

Cowlesy
09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
A town in Canada recently passed a referendum officially pronouncing themselves a globalist area. That is to say that they voluntarily renounce their Canadian citezenship in favour of "global citezenship." Now seeing as they blatantly have no right whatsoever to do this it amounted to nothing and I can't even find an article on it. Still scary though. A lot of places seem to want to renounce nations and embrace the globalist agenda.

Great idea. Let someone far away Lord over you instead of people you can reach out and smack if needed.

denison
09-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Great idea. Let someone far away Lord over you instead of people you can reach out and smack if needed.

Ah. The power of free will and self determination. :D

What does this mean really on a practical level? I can't muster up enough energy to care. :confused:

Lisle16
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
But they LOVE Obama in Berkeley, why leave him?

Lol. Compared to the politicians of Berkeley, Obama looks like a hardcore conservative.