PDA

View Full Version : Steve Forbes donated to Rand Paul?

Jeremy
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5049/screenshot20090930at127.png

erowe1
09-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Who knows? Maybe. We'll find out for sure from the FEC in a few weeks.

Bradley in DC
09-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know about Rand, but when Dr. Paul took on the Republican establishment in 1996, Steve Forbes, Pat Buchanan, Phyllis Shafly, the small business groups, and a few others stood with Dr. Paul.

I know Steve Forbes went down to the district to campaign for him, and I think Buchanan did too.

itshappening
09-30-2009, 11:59 AM
for some reason I like Forbes, he sound so reasonable and defends free markets (even if he is wrong) but I think he's a good speaker

Bradley in DC
09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
for some reason I like Forbes, he sound so reasonable and defends free markets (even if he is wrong) but I think he's a good speaker

I worked on both his races (in Ohio). He was, especially the first time, really good: talked about cutting government in a serious way, cutting taxes, promoting savings instead of discouraging them--and the only one since Kemp (before Dr. Paul) who was even talking about the importance of monetary policy (and a gold price rule, effectively what he wanted) is a good first step to transition to sound money. He's also just a nice guy.

erowe1
09-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I worked on both his races (in Ohio). He was, especially the first time, really good: talked about cutting government in a serious way, cutting taxes, promoting savings instead of discouraging them--and the only one since Kemp (before Dr. Paul) who was even talking about the importance of monetary policy (and a gold price rule, effectively what he wanted) is a good first step to transition to sound money. He's also just a nice guy.

I remember seeing him on a panel during the 08 campaign (maybe on Tucker's show, I forget) where they talked about RP's monetary policy, and Forbes was enthusiastically supportive of the gold standard and did not take the opportunity to make any kind of jab against RP at all, despite being on the payroll of the Giuliani campaign. I thought that said something.

Bradley in DC
09-30-2009, 12:23 PM
I remember seeing him on a panel during the 08 campaign (maybe on Tucker's show, I forget) where they talked about RP's monetary policy, and Forbes was enthusiastically supportive of the gold standard and did not take the opportunity to make any kind of jab against RP at all, despite being on the payroll of the Giuliani campaign. I thought that said something.

Forbes on Fox? Is that still on? (I don't have cable)

erowe1
09-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Forbes on Fox? Is that still on? (I don't have cable)

No, he was definitely on a panel of guests on someone else's show. It was in a youtube video that I saw it.

Imperial
09-30-2009, 02:54 PM
I think Forbes on Fox is on FBN now. Fox Business Network is FAR superior to the normal network in my view anyhow.

Dionysus
09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
I noticed this I think during one of the money bombs, S. Forbes. I emailed the campaign to alert them that it could be Steve Forbes, in case they could discretely reach out to him. I mean, he has the option of not putting his name in the scroll, so if it's him, no big deal. I remember him being a Ron Paul fan too. I remember him on SNL. He was like a roofer or something blue collar. It was hilarious.

lx43
09-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Steve Forbes would financially back a lot of the freedom loving candiates?

american.swan
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Steve Forbes would financially back a lot of the freedom loving candiates?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the libertarians in the US had saved their money and not bought into the credit scam and had enough money without people like Mr. Forbes to fund liberty candidates.

Cap'n Crunk
09-30-2009, 06:03 PM
http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php?type=name&lname=forbes&fname=malcolm&search=Search

It's not the same Forbes.
Malcolm Stevenson "Steve" Forbes is his real name. He's donated to Bush, Giuliani and McCain the last 2 election cycles. Disappointing.

specsaregood
09-30-2009, 06:10 PM

I'm pretty sure it was Kudlow's show that you are thinking of.

specsaregood
09-30-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Kudlow's show that you are thinking of.

Yup it was, found the clip, forbes talks about it at 4:30 into the video.

YouTube - Laptop Brigade: Ron Paul on Monetary Reform (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abV9tgbG-bA&feature=player_embedded)

jclay2
09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't trust steve forbes for a second. He was on the payroll of the guiliani campaign. If that doesn't tell you, then I don't know what will. Sure he might give rp some credit once in a while. When it comes down to it, he will still put himself with the big government corporate thugs.

Bradley in DC
09-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I remember him on SNL. He was like a roofer or something blue collar. It was hilarious.

YouTube?

Bradley in DC
09-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Yup it was, found the clip, forbes talks about it at 4:30 into the video.

YouTube - Laptop Brigade: Ron Paul on Monetary Reform (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abV9tgbG-bA&feature=player_embedded)

Excellent video, I don't think I ever saw that edited version like that. Thanks!

UnReconstructed
09-30-2009, 09:31 PM
coulda been a dude I went to school with... Shane Forbes... drives for Frito Lay now.