PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is on Beck Now

Lois
09-30-2009, 07:59 AM
He's coming up after 10:00.

I hear Glen Beck thinks vaccines and the Swine Flu vaccine is just fine.

Krugerrand
09-30-2009, 08:03 AM

I think they're fine too - if you don't force me to take them and let me sue the manufacturer if they cause me harm.

KAYA
09-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Dude, no he doesn't! He's been railing against forced vaccinations.

Lois
09-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh, sorry. The bit I heard earlier sounded like he thought what the Government was doing as far as getting the vaccine out and distributed was good -- like Beck thinks the vaccines themselves are good. But you're right -- he didn't sound like he likes the "Forced" angle.

Wampy
09-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Streaming link for the show...

Click on "listen live" at the top left of page...

http://www.wwnc.com/main.html

Ron is on right now

KAYA
09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
ON NOW! Talkin bout the Fed.

Lois
09-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Talking about how stupid it would be to put more sanctions on Iran -- says it will Crash the Dollar, and how those on Fixed Income, Social Security, would be hurt, etc.

Austin
09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Somebody toooob! I'm in my Constitutional History class right now and I can't listen.

Lois
09-30-2009, 08:20 AM
He thinks it atrocious that everyone would be mandated to take the Swine Flu Shot. "It's collectivism at it's worst.
"Medical care is not a right..."
He said the flu is not that bad...

Harris4LarouchePAC
09-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I think they're fine too - if you don't force me to take them and let me sue the manufacturer if they cause me harm.

The idea of a vaccination is fine. If you have one that works, and it works for most people then it is fine. The idea that you have to force people to take it, is horrible.

If people want to take it, that is their choice. If they don't, then let them run the risk of getting it and dying from it. That is there decision. If they want to take it, then let them run the risk of getting the virus anyway from the vaccine itself and die...or other side effects.

Its just choices...which should, in this society, be free to be made by the people.

ClayTrainor
09-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Glen beck had to emphasize that he doesn't agree with Ron Paul on many things, like 3 times after the interview :mad:

Lois
09-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Beck says (paraphrasing) - "Don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, but on the Fed he's absolutely right. He sounds like the Founding Fathers, but in some ways I can't go there. ..."

Now Beck is talking about how important for the US to 'fight this thing to win' in Afghanistan. Ick.

Time for Change
09-30-2009, 08:26 AM
grrr...I’ve had it with glenn beck and his "I agree with him on some things, but others …I won't even go there" bullshit.
This is proof that nothing with this shill has changed.

Yes, he is a useful idiot in parroting what we say and claiming it as original and somewhat advancing the awakening of people to generalities, but when it comes down to it, he will not be a leader in FREEDOM or anything to do with removing the power of the corrupt.
He will continue to bow down just like the rest of them.

KAYA
09-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Glen beck had to emphasize that he doesn't agree with Ron Paul on many things, like 3 times after the interview :mad:

And then he goes on to explain and puts it all into context. Context... Since when does someone have to agree precisely on every policy issue? Glenn Beck was simply reflecting, he was not bashing, discrediting or even saying RP is/was wrong on foreign policy he was merely reflecting on past differences.

KAYA
09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
grrr...I’ve had it with glenn beck and his "I agree with him on some things, but others …I won't even go there" bullshit.
This is proof that nothing with this shill has changed.

Yes, he is a useful idiot in advancing the awakening of people to generalities, but when it comes down to it, he will not be a leader in FREEDOM or anything to do with removing the power of the corrupt.
He will bow down just like the rest of them.

The idea that someone has to precisely agree with every policy issue of another man is ridiculous. The Founders debated and disagreed all the time but their hearts and objective where in the right place. So it is with RP and GB.

Epic
09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I hate Glenn Beck's disclaimers....

He's like, RP is right on with the Fed, but damn is he crazy...

KAYA
09-30-2009, 08:35 AM
I hate Glenn Beck's disclaimers....

He's like, RP is right on with the Fed, but damn is he crazy...

Said nothing about RP being crazy or anything of the sort.

lester1/2jr
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
republicans are still rabidly pro war. I saw jim trafficant on hannity last night.

It's mind boggling that in 2009 there are STILL people who don't understand the concept of blowback.

Elwar
09-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Did Beck call Ron Paul a terrorist to his face this time?

KAYA
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Did Beck call Ron Paul a terrorist to his face this time?

No, he and Ron had a great conversation.

Cowlesy
09-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Beck's been catching a lot of heat from the neoconservatives...they've been pecking at him for weeks.

specsaregood
09-30-2009, 09:11 AM
No, he and Ron had a great conversation.

They did; but as soon as the convo was over Beck started in with the "oh I only partially agree with him" BS. Why is that even necessary? does he say that after EVERY guest he has on? Or is it only reserved for Ron Paul? can the beck supporters find me an example of him ever saying that about another guest? I'll bet a another $25 donation to a liberty candidate of your choice if you can find me such an example.

I doubt that any will find such an example. Why? Because it is most likely assumed that a show host doesn't agree with a guest on every single issue. These statements are reserved for Ron Paul so they can reinforce with their listeners that he is "wrong" on major topics. Screw that. And to say it immediately after RP hangs up is chickenpoo.

Revolution0918
09-30-2009, 09:16 AM
....not a beck defender BUT...yesterday he was talking to his democrat friend and said something on the lines of .."we dont agree on most things, but we do agree with each other on this, and thank you for standing up to the people in your party"......THANK YOU! And since Kokesh is having his mini bomb today, please send the money to him!

MRoCkEd
09-30-2009, 09:20 AM
....not a beck defender BUT...yesterday he was talking to his democrat friend and said something on the lines of .."we dont agree on most things, but we do agree with each other on this, and thank you for standing up to the people in your party"......THANK YOU! And since Kokesh is having his mini bomb today, please send the money to him!
Oh yeah. He did say that to Pat Caddell. :p

specsaregood
09-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh yeah. He did say that to Pat Caddell. :p

So he said it to him, not after the guy was no longer on the air? ie: to his face.

hugolp
09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
YouTube or it didnt happen.

constituent
09-30-2009, 10:16 AM
wow, if only some people were as tireless in their defense of liberty as they are their defense of Glenn Beck...

Wampy
09-30-2009, 10:19 AM
If only some people put as much energy into their defense of liberty as they do in their attacks of one of the very few people in media who give Ron Paul or libertarian ideas the time of day.

constituent
09-30-2009, 10:20 AM
:yawn:

Wampy
09-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I'll agree with that...

squarepusher
09-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Now Beck is talking about how important for the US to 'fight this thing to win' in Afghanistan. Ick. [/B]

whaaa??????

Mahkato
09-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Everyone, please indicate the date (and maybe time) in your thread title when you create threads about specific events like these.

lester1/2jr
09-30-2009, 10:33 AM
oh man you mean you aren't psyched for the afghanstan "surge"? the surge is foolproof.

we should reinvade vietnam and do the surge!

Deborah K
09-30-2009, 10:35 AM
They did; but as soon as the convo was over Beck started in with the "oh I only partially agree with him" BS. Why is that even necessary? does he say that after EVERY guest he has on? Or is it only reserved for Ron Paul? can the beck supporters find me an example of him ever saying that about another guest? I'll bet a another $25 donation to a liberty candidate of your choice if you can find me such an example.

I doubt that any will find such an example. Why? Because it is most likely assumed that a show host doesn't agree with a guest on every single issue. These statements are reserved for Ron Paul so they can reinforce with their listeners that he is "wrong" on major topics. Screw that. And to say it immediately after RP hangs up is chickenpoo.

He does it to Michael Scheuer too. I haven't heard the interview yet since I'm in Cali. But I think he does it lately because the neocons have been trying to marginalize him by claiming he is talking like RP - which he isn't really. He's getting there, but he's NO Ron Paul.

KAYA
09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
wow, if only some people were as tireless in their defense of liberty as they are their defense of Glenn Beck...

We are. I donate and volunteer as a district coordinator with my state C4L group. I donate time and money to my local tea party group. I attended townhall meetings with my congressional rep and both of my senators. I have donated money to Rand Paul's campaign, Adam Kokesh's campaign, donated money and pledged to volunteer for Peter Schiff's campaign. I spread the word of liberty everyday. So I don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

Excuse me if I would rather unite for the cause of liberty rather than tear down others who do the same but don't specifically agree with me on everything to the letter. That's just ridiculous and counter productive. Good luck trying to build upon a liberty movement by bashing anyone who does not view the world exactly as you do.

squarepusher
09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
oh man you mean you aren't psyched for the afghanstan "surge"? the surge is foolproof.

we should reinvade vietnam and do the surge!

:):)

constituent
09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Good luck trying to build upon a liberty movement by bashing anyone who does not view the world exactly as you do.

Is that what I did?

KAYA
09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
if only some people put as much energy into their defense of liberty as they do in their attacks of one of the very few people in media who give ron paul or libertarian ideas the time of day.

Amen!;)

KAYA
09-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Is that what I did?

I didn't say you did anything.

KAYA
09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
So he said it to him, not after the guy was no longer on the air? ie: to his face.

He said it as the final word as the guy was going off air. I think that's close enough for a $25 contribution to Adam Kokesh's moneybomb today in addition to whatever else you already donated or planned on donating.:D

constituent
09-30-2009, 10:53 AM
:yawn:

:scratch:

PDA1
09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Who cares what Beck thinks!

He regarded Ron Paul supporters as terrorists.

Beck is the controlled opposition...the messiah of the Neo-con, warfare statists.

Beckers and Baggers make me puke.

Deborah K
09-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Just listened to it. Beck didn't sound like he's even read the book. :rolleyes: At least he promoted it. And I thought it was soooo great on Monday when he did his show with an audience of concerned mothers and grandmothers and there was a rep from Campaign for Liberty there and one woman said Ron Paul was the only politician in DC who could be trusted. Talk about co-opting. LOL!

Time for Change
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
wow, if only some people were as tireless in their defense of liberty as they are their defense of glenn beck...

+1776

Time for Change
09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I recall Glenn beck being silent about RP during primaries unless he was disagreeing with the insane notions of sound money, foreign policy, stopping global police actions, ending the never-ending war efforts, etc.

Beck has only recently started being a parrot of our values and I feel he has done so purely to bolster his television ratings not because he has had some wonderful revelation or awakening.

Beck needs to follow the 10th step:

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly
admitted it.

He is the head cheerleader for intervention with Iran for petes sake.
Another f'n war we cannot afford...really?

In addition, no, I don't think that every person should agree on every issue, that's crazy talk, but fundamental beliefs as polar opposite as evidenced by his past and current ranting are not so easy to ignore.