PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul wanders around NYC, runs into some fans [VIDEO]

Epic
09-29-2009, 08:44 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul End the Fed Book Protest calls out FEDERAL Reserve 09-29-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg2KRsQUJCY)

Cowlesy
09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
nice --- see lots of my co-agitators in there!

UnReconstructed
09-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Why did you say "wanders" dude? Sounds like he escaped from an institution and is lost.

anaconda
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Classic.... The police state throws him off the premises, but not before he whirls around, extends his had to the cops, saying "I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Congressman Ron Paul..."The second bozo he extended his hand towards rebuffed him I believe.

Michigan11
09-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Haaha Hilarious - you gotta love it. This man is a rockstar walking throught the matrix - dogs, cops, people bewildered of what power does this man hold?

RP tearing it up - blazing the streets, looks like he even has a couple groupies

Andrew-Austin
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Who knows what he was thinking. Works his entire life to spread awareness about the Fed, and now he can't walk the streets in peace without a mob of people following behind him shouting "End the Fed".

Vessol
09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Ronnie looking cute as ever <3.

BuddyRey
09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Can you imagine what it must be like to live in relative obscurity as a country doctor and later as a widely ignored U.S. Congressman, then to find yourself suddenly become an international superstar in your early 70s?

Nirvikalpa
09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
"It's a whole lot simpler to get around in Texaaaaas."

:D

great showingggg.

angelatc
09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Who knows what he was thinking. Works his entire life to spread awareness about the Fed, and now he can't walk the streets in peace without a mob of people following behind him shouting "End the Fed".

That's what I was thinking too. A spontaneous march broke out.

angelatc
09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Did you guys see part 2? It's pretty freaky when he goes around the corner and lands in the middle of a police action - standing around and intimidating people

YouTube - Ron Paul Leads CHARGE at ENDING the FED Protest CHANT on WALL STREET 09-29-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAg4BB-ODUY&feature=channel)

Mandrik
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Call it a pet peeve, but endless chanting drives me insane! I started out hearing "End the Fed!" but after a couple rounds of that all I heard was, "Enthufey! Enthufey!" like they are marching down the streets of NY promoting some brand new pharmaceutical drug. :p

KramerDSP
09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Can you imagine what it must be like to live in relative obscurity as a country doctor and later as a widely ignored U.S. Congressman, then to find yourself suddenly become an international superstar in your early 70s?

:D

KramerDSP
09-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Did you guys see part 2? It's pretty freaky when he goes around the corner and lands in the middle of a police action - standing around and intimidating people

It is pretty freaky, but RP's facial expressions are hilarious. He looks like everything he sees is hysterical to him, even the barking dog and the armed to the teeth cops.

Andrew-Austin
09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Call it a pet peeve, but endless chanting drives me insane! I started out hearing "End the Fed!" but after a couple rounds of that all I heard was, "Enthufey! Enthufey!" like they are marching down the streets of NY promoting some brand new pharmaceutical drug. :p

Not that I don't think this video is still awesome, but protest chanting has to be one of the worst possible ways to influence people's views. Shouting anything while holding a book up like its some sort of bible does attract only bewildered stares. Maybe one or two of the people on the streets will go type "end the fed" on the internet when they get home, that is about it.

Mini-Me
09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
It is pretty freaky, but RP's facial expressions are hilarious. He looks like everything he sees is hysterical to him, even the barking dog and the armed to the teeth cops.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Every once in a while he'll get frustrated or really fired up, but most of the time he has this same bemused sense of humor about the world's insanity, and he takes it in stride. It reminds me a little of George Carlin's attitude, except minus the resigned and despairing apathy (and obviously minus the comedy skits). I really like it, because he carries himself with an air of satisfied confidence for the future...and given his lifetime of experience fighting statism, his opinion on that probably matters a great deal.

Not that I don't think this video is still awesome, but protest chanting has to be one of the worst possible ways to influence people's views. Shouting anything while holding a book up like its some sort of bible does attract only bewildered stares. Maybe one or two of the people on the streets will go type "end the fed" on the internet when they get home, that is about it.
Normally I'd agree, but following him around and shouting a slogan might still be more productive than following him around and not shouting a slogan. ;) I mean, can we think of a better way to conduct a totally spontaneous rally? :)

angelatc
09-29-2009, 10:15 PM

It's good to be a Congressman. I suspect that if he hadn't been there the parade would have had some 'splainin' to do.

Austin
09-29-2009, 10:38 PM
I offered my hand to an officer at a Bill Ayers protest last Thursday, and he declined. It's standard operating procedure, I believe.

denison
09-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I offered my hand to an officer at a Bill Ayers protest last Thursday, and he declined. It's standard operating procedure, I believe.

yeah the police are pricks! :D

anaconda
09-30-2009, 01:08 AM

Sounds like a great progression. And a gratifying place to arrive at in his golden years (although RP's "golden years" are not the usual sort since he could completely kick my ass in a mountain bike race).

Dreamofunity
09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
If I was Ron or that man talking next to him I'd tell that camera man chanting to "stfu I'm trying to have a conversation"

youngbuck
09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Why didn't the black guy shake his hand! :O

Yea I noticed that too, what a punk (nothing to do w/ his skin color of course). Ron Paul was just trying to be polite and introduce himself, but the JBT wannabe wanted no part in it.