PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo: SPLC Smears Immigration Patriots—And Lord Of The Rings!

emazur
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
http://vdare.com/misc/090928_tancredo.htm

The anti-amnesty organization The Federation for American Immigration Reform recently released "A Guide to Understanding the Tactics of the Southern Poverty Law Center in the Immigration Debate" that exposes this strategy.

According to FAIR:

"While disavowing any position on immigration policy, the SPLC has for nearly a decade targeted organizations and individuals who support immigration enforcement…The SPLC concluded that just about everyone actively opposed to amnesty and mass immigration was a "nativist" a "white supremacist," or had ties to such groups and individuals."[PDF]

The SPLC calls FAIR a "hate group." They don’t try to debunk any of FAIR’s studies or point to racist statements made by its staff. Instead they smear FAIR by accusing them of being linked to supposed racists. This guilt by association is so tenuous that they attack FAIR for receiving contributions from someone whose deceased father was allegedly a "white supremacist."

If the attacks on opponents of illegal immigration are not absurd enough, their website reprinted an article that attacked The Lord of the Rings movies as "Eurocentric" and likened them to "promotional ads for those tired old race and gender paradigms."

torchbearer
09-29-2009, 05:23 PM
eurocentric?
race and gender paradigms?

They do realize this work is fiction, right?
There are no hobbits in europe. for realze.

Flash
09-29-2009, 05:25 PM
The SPLC is an example of the modern day Anti-Fascist & Progressive movement in general. No logic. No debating. No historical evidence. Just incoherent psychobabble & whining about racism. I would love for anyone from the SPLC to debate a man like Jared Taylor. :)

Lord of the Rings was mostly based off of Anglo-Saxon mythology. Hence why there was no one with a French or Italian accent in the film. The people at the SPLC are truly retarded.

catdd
09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
"Conservatives need to expose the SPLC as the left wing hate group that it is while it’s still legal."

It will always be legal in my book, whether it's legal anywhere else or not.
Just imagine, the Department of Homeland Security taking reports from this bunch of ambulance chasing trolls and then passing it on down to the police who accept the report without question as if it came straight from God..
It's criminal injustice.

bobbyw24
10-10-2009, 07:46 PM
The SPLC response to this:

Tancredo Ventures Further Out on the Fringe
Posted in Anti-Immigrant by Rob Waters on October 8, 2009

Tom TancredoColorado Republican Tom Tancredo was the face of the anti-immigration movement in Congress for 10 years. While he was there, he could serve up his deport-’em-all rhetoric from the House floor. And as an early contender for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination, he drew supportive crowds and mainstream media coverage in early-voting states until he dropped out in late 2007 before the Iowa caucuses.

Since leaving Congress in January, though, he’s aggressively moving down the credibility chain in his quest for outlets for his nativist views.

In late September, he blasted the Southern Poverty Law Center from the hate website VDARE.com. And this month, he made his debut as a regular columnist at the far-right conspiracy-mongering website WorldNetDaily. By Tancredo’s standards, the initial column is somewhat restrained. He praises the “patriotic reawakening provoked by Obama’s Marxist agenda.” He attacks Sen. John McCain for his support of an insufficiently conservative U.S. Senate candidate in Colorado. And he takes a shot at Karl Rove, the longtime adviser to former president George W. Bush — the same Karl Rove who got so fed up with Tancredo’s extremism that he told him to “never darken the door of the White House again.”

But even when he enjoyed relative respectability as a member of Congress, Tancredo didn’t always confine himself to respectable venues. On Sept. 9, 2006, he delivered an anti-immigrant harangue as the honored guest at a barbecue advertised by the South Carolina chapter of the League of the South, the neo-Confederate outfit long listed as a hate group by the SPLC, as its own event. Although a Tancredo spokesman later said that the event was actually organized by a group called Americans Have Had Enough!, the league described Tancredo as “our guest” and listed a prominent league member as the event’s information contact. The room for the event was rented by Richard T. Hines, who was identified in 1997 by the racist League of Conservative Citizens as a member.

Flash
10-10-2009, 07:53 PM
SPLC is full of blithering belligerent morons. No knowledge or historical wisdom is allowed into their doctrine manipulating weird pseudo-science cult. I think they are the same boastful fools that try to claim race is a social concept. Scientifically & anthropologically speaking, it isn't. Accept it. Thankfully they are no longer respected as a civil rights organization, rather an organization of logical fallacies build ontop of one another. They accuse any opposition to illegal immigration as 'racism.' Yet they never say how it's racist. It just is. The obama birth certificate issue. Racist! Getting rid of welfare. Racist! On & on, what utter morons.

I challenge the SPLC to an open debate with a 'race realist' like Jared Taylor who cites actual Department of Justice studies to back up his arguement. Rather than just belligerent banter on 'tolerance' and 'racist' accusations. I would honestly pay to see something like that. But alas, the fascists of the Left (SPLC & other vermin) would disrupt the meeting, as they are known to do. Probably just shout some random stuff out at the debate & throw bottles or something. Then retreat back to their suburban houses.

To the SPLC,

There is no such thing as the 'far-right.' It is only a talking point used by belligerent leftists as yourself who rather than base their thoughts upon logic resort to emotionalist nonsense. Please cite one historical civilization that encountered massive amounts of immigration into their homeland and yet still managed to survive. One. Rome? Nope. Sumer? Nope. Persia? Nope, immigration (invasions actually) just caused 2,000 years of Islamist extremism. Please show me one statistic that disproves the Department of Justice's study on black-on-white crime. Just one. The cult of multiculturalism is built upon intellectual dishonesty. How do they get away from it? Thug tactics & hiding from competing points of view. To me, that's an awful life to live & must be a very miserable one. Imagine spending your whole life trying to justify a logical fallacy? Euch. And having the nerves to slander anyone who questions their views. Don't worry, one day after your souls have long departed from the earth you may have regretted such actions.

Note: Cult of Multicultiralism means dogmatic retards on the left (like SPLC) that think anyone going against illegal immigration is racist. It isn't an attack on multi-racial societies themselves.

silverhandorder
10-10-2009, 07:56 PM
That wasn't much if a reply. More like "He is a person we think is really really mean so we will just ignore his arguments and accusations".

Btw I think Tancredo is a dumb ass neocon.

Flash
10-10-2009, 08:06 PM
That wasn't much if a reply. More like "He is a person we think is really really mean so we will just ignore his arguments and accusations".

Btw I think Tancredo is a dumb ass neocon.

I told you, they're morons. They have no skills in logic or debating. So they resort to relying on their emotions & slandering. To put it simply-- they have the minds & personalities of children.

emazur
10-10-2009, 08:57 PM
And this month, he made his debut as a regular columnist at the far-right conspiracy-mongering website WorldNetDaily.

Interesting they should say that, I recently uncovered a WND article from '06 where Tancredo says he believes the North American Union is real:
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53023

Tancredo lashed out at the White House's lack of action in securing U.S. borders, and said efforts to merge the U.S. with both Mexico and Canada is not a fantasy.

"I know this is dramatic – or maybe somebody would say overly dramatic – but I'm telling you, that everything I see leads me to believe that this whole idea of the North American Union, it's not something that just is written about by right-wing fringe kooks. It is something in the head of the president of the United States, the president of Mexico, I think the prime minister of Canada buys into it. ...

ronpaulhawaii
10-10-2009, 09:36 PM
SPLC - the hate group to end all hate groups...

bobbyw24
10-11-2009, 05:08 AM
SPLC - the hate group to end all hate groups...

Rather than monitoring hate groups, the Southern Poverty Law Center has become one.

Follow Carol M. Swain on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CMSwain

South Park Fan
10-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Does one have to receive a lobotomy to work at SPLC?

RM918
10-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Tancredo might be a warmongering xenophobe, but at least he's an honest warmongering xenophobe. Paul even said once that he more often than not found Tancredo voting with him on a number of issues when no-one else would.

thasre
10-11-2009, 01:13 PM
eurocentric?
race and gender paradigms?

They do realize this work is fiction, right?
There are no hobbits in europe. for realze.

It's always funny to me how many people think JRR Tolkien was some sort of ultra-right-wing racist type or something because his books draw heavily from traditional European source material.

They try to paint him as some evil authoritarian, when he described his own political leanings as "tending more and more towards anarchy"... hardly the political philosophy of a tyrannical bigot!

Flash
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
It's not as if they are angry at Tolkein but more so Peter Jackson's choice for an all-white cast in Lord of the Rings.

It's always funny to me how many people think JRR Tolkien was some sort of ultra-right-wing racist type or something because his books draw heavily from traditional European source material.

They try to paint him as some evil authoritarian, when he described his own political leanings as "tending more and more towards anarchy"... hardly the political philosophy of a tyrannical bigot!